Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Did Dark Horse cancel or lose the rights to Conan?

Seriously, did Dark Horse cancel Conan? It's last issue came out in August and has been missing from the solicits since September. A little red flag there for a book that was pretty much monthly since it started all the way back in November of 2004. Haven't been to find anything at Dark Horse or Cullen Bunn's Twitter. No matter how low the books numbers were, they always produced the book because I assumed the rights to him were pretty important. Did DH lose the rights or are they trying to come up with a way to right the ship? I have years and years worth of their continuity stories going all the way back to the #0 issue that started it all with Kurt Busiek and Cary Nord. I do miss those days though. Same goes with Timothy Truman and Thomas Giorello's time on the book. It always sounded like Dark Horse wanted to tell his life's story all the way though to his time as King and also answer the question and mystery of the prince and wazir flash forwards that Busiek started.

I'm concerned all my years of reading and buying these will be for nothing with the way the series just stopped where it did with Conan The Slayer #12.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-19-2017 at 12:58 AM.