Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Default Is anyone else disappointed with the X-Men Red team?

I love Jean. She's my favorite X-Man and favorite Marvel character right next to Spider-Man. I'm glad she's getting her own book after Phoenix Resurrection, but this lineup is so disappointing. Laura and Gabby both on one team seems excessive for me, but I understand that they're a duo so they should be together, but on Jean's team? Really? That seems like a waste for me. The worst offense is Namor on the team. I thought I hated him only as an X-Man, but now I realize that I just despise his character in general, and you can bet your ass that they're going to force Jean into a thing with Namor... :Puke:

I was hoping for Wolverine to be on the team to match with Kurt. Those two together would be cool, especially on a team led by Jean. Hope should'be been on the team, too.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

yes I am disappointed with the team, after 14 years Jean deserved the A team, but i still want to give it a chance
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-19-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Namor’s the only one I’m excited for.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Namor’s the only one I’m excited for.
    We can never be friends, lol

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't say disappointed, but its not what I'd have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Who would've you expected or put in the team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It's good that it's not what you expected. Putting Jean together with the same people that everyone always associates her with (Storm, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Logan or old man Logan) would have been lame. If there's one thing that teen Jean did, was develop new connections with new people for Jean. Such as teen Jean taking Namor's advice, her reaching out to Thor, Strange, and the Scarlet Witch, etc. I love Namor as a character and as an X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    yes I am disappointed with the team, affter 14 years Jean deserved the A team, but i still want to give it a chance
    They could've just not make another team, but rather have Kitty regress out of the leadership of Gold team and re-roster it with Jean as the leader.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

There are 4 threads about Red X-Men. Do you really have to start a new one? I think your question fits one of these threads.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    I love Jean. She's my favorite X-Man and favorite Marvel character right next to Spider-Man. I'm glad she's getting her own book after Phoenix Resurrection, but this lineup is so disappointing. Laura and Gabby both on one team seems excessive for me, but I understand that they're a duo so they should be together, but on Jean's team? Really? That seems like a waste for me. The worst offense is Namor on the team. I thought I hated him only as an X-Man, but now I realize that I just despise his character in general, and you can bet your ass that they're going to force Jean into a thing with Namor... :Puke:

I was hoping for Wolverine to be on the team to match with Kurt. Those two together would be cool, especially on a team led by Jean. Hope should'be been on the team, too.
    Yep, same here. They only need two books, put her on Gold. Blue being the other. It worked very well back in the 90's. I hate how they think they have to change things up so much.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Yep, same here. They only need two books, put her on Gold. Blue being the other. It worked very well back in the 90's. I hate how they think they have to change things up so much.
    Yeah, they could've regressed Kitty out of Gold's leadership spot and kept Blue and Gold only. I get they're trying to push for new creative X-teams, but it seems like a waste and sorta messed up that they want to push that stuff with a book involving Jean who was, like, the heart and soul of the X-Men and JUST got revived. It should've been more about her with a team that knows her.

Don't like Namor and think the Wolverine and her clone are better off in their solo title. Other than them it's an alright team I guess.

The return of Jean was the biggest disappointment, so every other team member was just going to be "not as bad".
    And surprisingly, there are at least two characters I'm glad to see: X-23 and Gentle.
    I'm on the fence about the mascot and the new girl.
    I could do without Namor and Nightcrawler. Namor has gone too far recently and Kurt is already on another team.

Incredible Member

I'm a bit disappointed, not really interested in most of the characters on the team. I'll just stick with Astonishing for the time being.

The real test is going to be how well it gets written. The team could be 100% A-List, but if the writing isn't there it won't matter.

In fact, by not taking the top-tier characters, there might be a better chance of some real stuff happening. The A-Listers tend to have any development reset by the next writer.