Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
I'm thinking this is mostly an attempt to sever Jean from her long standing ties and create a quasi-new character. I could have sworn that a number of posters have been asking for Jean to be distanced from her closest friends since the event was announced. I'm not in favor of it personally as I think Jean's ties to her closest teammates are a huge part of who she is a character. She doesn't seem to me to be a direct translation of late 90's\early 00's Jean. We'll know for sure that's case if Marvel alters her memories and\or personality significantly.
I'm so against this, but I think you're right. People have been saying that she should be different. For some reason they think she relies too much on Scott, Logan, Emma, etc. for her character. I don't think that waters her character down one bit. If anything, it means she was the heart of the team and connected to most people, especially the important members. I think that adds a lot of character to her, but it sucks ass that they're going a different direction with her now. I hated time-displaced Jean for being so on-the-nose about "I'M DIFFERENT NOW". Eugh.