Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    I love Jean. She's my favorite X-Man and favorite Marvel character right next to Spider-Man. I'm glad she's getting her own book after Phoenix Resurrection, but this lineup is so disappointing. Laura and Gabby both on one team seems excessive for me, but I understand that they're a duo so they should be together, but on Jean's team? Really? That seems like a waste for me. The worst offense is Namor on the team. I thought I hated him only as an X-Man, but now I realize that I just despise his character in general, and you can bet your ass that they're going to force Jean into a thing with Namor... :Puke:

I was hoping for Wolverine to be on the team to match with Kurt. Those two together would be cool, especially on a team led by Jean. Hope should'be been on the team, too.
    Yep, same here. They only need two books, put her on Gold. Blue being the other. It worked very well back in the 90's. I hate how they think they have to change things up so much.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Yep, same here. They only need two books, put her on Gold. Blue being the other. It worked very well back in the 90's. I hate how they think they have to change things up so much.
    Yeah, they could've regressed Kitty out of Gold's leadership spot and kept Blue and Gold only. I get they're trying to push for new creative X-teams, but it seems like a waste and sorta messed up that they want to push that stuff with a book involving Jean who was, like, the heart and soul of the X-Men and JUST got revived. It should've been more about her with a team that knows her.

Storm, Logan, and Kurt would've been so much better.
    A million times better.

BANNED

It’s pretty bad. TBH I liked Jean’s hand picked Revolution team more.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    A million times better.
    You feel me on this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i don't get why Namor is even in the same room with Gentle. or any X-Men for that matter. what he did to Wakanda during A Vs X, he killed Millions of people. but if i look past that the rest of the team seem pointless . all the new kids should have their own book. Nightcrawler is already on a team. lets get people out of limbo, we could make at lest 3 teams with people who are not being used right now. i will give it the first arc to see if i like it. i really hope its good, cause this would be a waste to bring Jean back.
    If marvel characters had a long memory everyone be at each other's throat 24/7.

Not the lineup I wanted but since it's adult Jean I am 100% behind the book. The one person I wanted on her team more than anyone is Storm, but that's out the window. I like Kurt, but I was sure he would be used in the New Excalibur book. I love Namor, so that's an unexpected surprise. Regarding the rest of the roster: new characters are fine but would have preferred Jean have either Hellion or Quentin Quire to mentor, especially if the later is destined to bond with the Phoenix. I also wanted adult Iceman and Northstar on the team. Laura I can take but that Gabby baby needs to be in class.

Yeah I kinda hate it. Jean deserved A LOT better after 14 years dead, doesn't matter how good the writing is. I wrote a whole rant to Taylor and Paniccia but decided not to send it cause otherwise they may hate me and not answer me again and I want to keep asking stuff about it.

I'm thinking this is mostly an attempt to sever Jean from her long standing ties and create a quasi-new character. I could have sworn that a number of posters have been asking for Jean to be distanced from her closest friends since the event was announced. I'm not in favor of it personally as I think Jean's ties to her closest teammates are a huge part of who she is a character. She doesn't seem to me to be a direct translation of late 90's\early 00's Jean. We'll know for sure that's case if Marvel alters her memories and\or personality significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    If marvel characters had a long memory everyone be at each other's throat 24/7.
    Tha's my biggest problem sometimes. People love Marvel's continuity, but so much history does still get forgotten. It irks, 'cause I think writers shouldn't leave out so much history just to tell their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Not the lineup I wanted but since it's adult Jean I am 100% behind the book. The one person I wanted on her team more than anyone is Storm, but that's out the window. I like Kurt, but I was sure he would be used in the New Excalibur book. I love Namor, so that's an unexpected surprise. Regarding the rest of the roster: new characters are fine but would have preferred Jean have either Hellion or Quentin Quire to mentor, especially if the later is destined to bond with the Phoenix. I also wanted adult Iceman and Northstar on the team. Laura I can take but that Gabby baby needs to be in class.
    I'm not a big fan of Tom Taylor, and I can already imagine how he's going to write Gabby. Insufferable.

Tha's my biggest problem sometimes. People love Marvel's continuity, but so much history does still get forgotten. It irks, 'cause I think writers shouldn't leave out so much history just to tell their story.
    Some events being forgotten are a mercy. Writing quality have varied a lot over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I kinda hate it. Jean deserved A LOT better after 14 years dead, doesn't matter how good the writing is. I wrote a whole rant to Taylor and Paniccia but decided not to send it cause otherwise they may hate me and not answer me again and I want to keep asking stuff about it.
    Yeah, I think I already said it, but what the hell? I'll say it again. Jean's books shouldn't have been a time for them to diversify a team book. She's too important for that nonsense. She needed her own teammates that have history with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Some events being forgotten are a mercy. Writing quality have varied a lot over the years.
    You're right, I feel like I'm putting too much credit to some past events, lmao.

I'm still not going to pass judgement until we find out who the last "fan favorite" team member is. I just would've hoped that one of Jean's close friends would be on the team with her...as would make sense since she'll have just come back to life. I was actually shocked that Bobby wasn't part of the lineup...especially considering the up in the air longevity of his solo book.