Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

A lil' letdown, yeah, but still intrigued at the same time. Nightcrawler's a BIG plus for me, 'cause I've been of the mind for a LONG time that...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    ... Kurt and Jean is a pairing worth exploring...
    ... due to their strong simpatico in nature. Which I feel exists between them, and the resulting chemistry that should naturally--and almost effortlessly--emerge from it. I fully eXpect them to go together like:

... when it's all said & done.

I also like the inclusion of Gentle, as he's a newer character that already caught my attention prior to, and rather favorably so. So I look forward to seeing what he brings to the ensemble & the story.

Namor's a personal, pet character too, so I can't help but be curious 'bout his participation. Even if it rings a little hollow to me, and seems a lil' bit too, out of left field.

Laura & Jean bouncing off each other could be cool, as their dynamic could go so many ways. It could end up being really entertaining, 'cause there's potential there.

I need to hear more about Trinary, but am least enthused about her & Gabby. Not rightin' 'em off yet, tho, gonna give 'em a chance.

Gambit and/or Iceman, are who I would like to see most now, at this point. As either or both, IMO, would compliment Jean & Kurt really well. Sunfire, Dust, & Surge all sound good to me as possibilities also, as do of course, EoD's Dazz, Northstar, & Frenzy still.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

https://twitter.com/JeanGreyFanPage/...33099994664961 i wish we has an team like this one
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Add Rogue and Wolverine and this will be a potentially great series, drama-wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    https://twitter.com/JeanGreyFanPage/...33099994664961 i wish we has an team like this one
    I think more & more, today, that'd be like putting all your eggs in one basket. I'd spliit 'em in half, at least, like back in the day w/the original B&G.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'm going to wait and see why jean chooses the roster.

If she has a good reason then I'll be fine for the team. If they are chosen without much story reason, I think it will seem kinda odd given the membership.

However at present I have to assume these members are chosen for specific reasons.
    That's assuming Jean actually chose this roster. You could easily argue Jeen didn't chose her's. Cyclops didn't either during UXM1, Giant Sized, X-Factor or at any point after that other than x-force. Teams are put together for all kinds of reasons, not the least of which is "who's kicking around with nothing to do". That's goes for both in universe and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's assuming Jean actually chose this roster. You could easily argue Jeen didn't chose her's. Cyclops didn't either during UXM1, Giant Sized, X-Factor or at any point after that other than x-force. Teams are put together for all kinds of reasons, not the least of which is "who's kicking around with nothing to do". That's goes for both in universe and out.
    A decent in story reason will work well enough. "You don't go to war with the army you want. You go with the army you have."

BANNED

Ideally, IMO, in this day & age... one team should be headed by Cyke & Rogue, a second by Jean & Wolverine, and another by Storm & Gambit. My suggestions for filling out the balance of each:

Blue: Cyke, Rogue, Iceman, Psylocke, Bishop, Polaris, & Sunfire

Red: Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Dazzler, Banshee, & Frenzy

Gold: Storm, Gambit, Colossus, Emma, Havok, Northstar, & Longshot

Holdin' up the fort @ headquarters, w/recurring appearances across all 3 team titles: Beast, Forge, Sage, CeCe Reyes, & Danger

Also, Moonstar & Magik leadin' NM, Cable & Domino XF, Kitty, Rachel, & Jubilee a GX/NX hybrid, and maybe MadroX & whoever the Factor.

I will give it antry but I can’t deny that the roster was a bit disappointing.

My only complain is Gabby. Everyone else is interesting to me.

I would actually prefer they dropped Kurt too. I am happy Ororo and Logan are no where near this since their additions would mean me passing on this since both characters have become annoying and booring and they only been getting progressively worse since AvX.

But yeah, Namor is the most interesting part of the roster, to be honest. Just cause of the wtf of it all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I wouldn't say disappointed, but its not what I'd have expected.
    It's good that it's not what you expected. Putting Jean together with the same people that everyone always associates her with (Storm, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Logan or old man Logan) would have been lame. If there's one thing that teen Jean did, was develop new connections with new people for Jean. Such as teen Jean taking Namor's advice, her reaching out to Thor, Strange, and the Scarlet Witch, etc. I love Namor as a character and as an X-Men.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It's good that it's not what you expected. Putting Jean together with the same people that everyone always associates her with (Storm, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Logan or old man Logan) would have been lame. If there's one thing that teen Jean did, was develop new connections with new people for Jean. Such as teen Jean taking Namor's advice, her reaching out to Thor, Strange, and the Scarlet Witch, etc. I love Namor as a character and as an X-Men.
    but she didn't interact with them (storm, logan, etc) for 14 years of course people prefer her with the people who missed her for so long. instead she comes with people she has nothing to do or barely knows

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Ideally, IMO, in this day & age... one team should be headed by Cyke & Rogue, a second by Jean & Wolverine, and another by Storm & Gambit. My suggestions for filling out the balance of each:

Blue: Cyke, Rogue, Iceman, Psylocke, Bishop, Polaris, & Sunfire

Red: Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Dazzler, Banshee, & Frenzy

Gold: Storm, Gambit, Colossus, Emma, Havok, Northstar, & Longshot

Holdin' up the fort @ headquarters, w/recurring appearances across all 3 team titles: Beast, Forge, Sage, CeCe Reyes, & Danger

Also, Moonstar & Magik leadin' NM, Cable & Domino XF, Kitty, Rachel, & Jubilee a GX/NX hybrid, and maybe MadroX & whoever the Factor.
    Where do you see Charles fitting in all this? Also are the bolded basically your ships? If not why those particular pairing? I doubt Cyke and Rogue would work well together at this point. Jean and Logan are both a little too hot headed, without anyone to ground them... I could see Storm and Gambit working out ok though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Where do you see Charles fitting in all this? Also are the bolded basically your ships? If not why those particular pairing? I doubt Cyke and Rogue would work well together at this point. Jean and Logan are both a little too hot headed, without anyone to ground them... I could see Storm and Gambit working out ok though.
    Oh my gosh, I didn't even give ole Chuck OR Mags a first thought, let alone a second one. So yeah, completely forgot 'bout him. Well then, I guess he's responsible for the teams & how members are allocated, lol. Mags would be hovering in the background, doing his thing, trying to eXert influence over events & position Mutants for a better future. The "Prof", me, used 4 criteria in the decision making: powers, personality, popularity (awareness, w/fans+consumers), & past relationships. For the latter, esp. major romantical ones, lol. Charles has come to the conclusion that former (or current) lovers shouldn't serve on the same team anymore, for obvious reasons. So no, none of the bolded pairings are ships. Well, beyond the friend-ship kind, that is.

I just decided those 6 were the biggest names, and how could you split them into leadership pairs that were sorta new & different, using the criteria. Jean & Logan have decided to move on, instead of carrying a torch any longer, realizing it just wasn't meant to be. It was already decided her, Ororo, & Scott would be the main leaders, so figuring out where to place the other 3, was key. After that, just pulled from listed names accordingly & did the same, using the 4 criteria. Scott & Anna Marie not seein' eye-to-eye from time to time, Jean & Logan tryin' to keep their heated emotional responses to a minimum, Remy gettin' on Ororo's last good nerve w/his endless shenanigans... these things are reasons TO put them together, IMO, 'cause it makes for entertaining stories & memorable character moments.

Rogue's with Cyke 'cause she won't back down from him, and stands her ground. Wolvie's there to balance PhoeniX's approach, to be the counter, and push her past her comfort zone if necessary. Same goes for Gambit with Storm, as those boys are less morally encumbered, than the ladies they're serving with. In many ways, for all 3 pairings, it's just a yin-yang thing.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    You feel me on this?!
    Pretty sure about 90% of people feel you. It's funny if you critique this, someone responds with "give it chance" or something along those lines, as if you're not planning to read it. People are not obligated to withhold judgment on a product presented to them for sale. It's part of marketing on the manufacturer. If they put out something that causes divisiveness, that is their fault and their problem. Just go look at Justice League. WB fumbled the marketing on it. If i didnt read comics and watch the animated series, I'd have no idea what that movie was about. They were so focused on not spoiling the movie, they didn't give enough information to grab audiences, unlike Marvel who does a great job of building up to each film. Even an oddball, familiarly removed, movie like GotG had a tracks laid out in front of it and narrative woven within it. It's about the presentation and this book so far is dropping the ball. If it were me, I'd at least let the story of her coming back play out, utilize and introduce these characters within that story and then premier this cover. There simply isnt enough here for me to care too much about it. But Marvel really likes making that "splash". I'm planning on reading it, but what about the fans that aren't on message boards? They do exist, people who read but don't frequent sites like this, I mean.

The only real attraction for this book at face value is Jean, which is why I'm sure they designed her wearing something inspired by probably her most famous costume. Yes, the 90's costume is more famous than her Phoenix costume, not among comic readers but the rest of the freaking world thanks to the millions upon millions that watched the show. Problem, 99% of those folk probably have never set foot into a comic store... so this effort was in vain lol. In short, yes, it's great to experiment with new concepts and line-ups but in a climate where readership is dropping and your fans are asking "where is ______" because editorial can't seem to get past six or seven of the same characters plus a version (or two) of Wolverine; it may have been a better move to utilize other known quatities such as; Bishop, Psylock, Angel, Gambit, Northstar, Iceman, Havok, Frenzy, Sunfire, Forge, Hellion, Mercury, Surge, Rockslide, Armor, Forge, Sage, Magma, Moonstar, Boom Boom, Dazzler, Cecelia, Dust, Mimic, Magik, M, X-Man, Lifeguard, Thunderbird (Neal) or any number more, especially some that may have more to contribute in terms of interacting with Jean. Hell, Sabretooth has more reason to be here than most of them lol. Not saying Tom Taylor can't do that, I'm just saying right out of the box this thing is probably going to be exposition heavy. The only person she has history with is Nightcrawler, which means we have to sit through a whoooole lot of "I know you don't know me, but this is how it is..." or "I'm not that person" speeches. That, or they are going to treat her like a living legend and just mindlessly follow her lead. Again, neither is too bad, just probably not what a lot of people are looking forward to. I'm still going to read, but they definitely could have packaged this better in terms of raw mass appeal.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-20-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I like that it's a mix of generations....it's just a lot of odd choices. Hopefully it makes more sense when it launches.