Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Yes. My main problem is the clones. They already have their own book, those spots could’ve been given to someone else. And I don’t want this book to get dragged into Weapon X nonsense seeing as their book is written by Taylor too.
    Last edited by Luckystar.; 11-20-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Dang, he writes that too?! He's like the new Chris Claremont lol or... Bendis. What is that 3 X-Men books?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Dang, he writes that too?! He's like the new Chris Claremont lol or... Bendis. What is that 3 X-Men books?
    I meant All New Wolverine. Sorry edited it to make it clear. Haha

Spectacular Member

Funny enough the only character in Red I don't like is Jean, so I am looking forward to it.

It was a huge mistake to market Red based on the roster - which isn't by itself going to cause anyone other than X-23 fans to buy the book. Instead they needed to market it based on a premise or some other hook that makes the book seem interesting. Otherwise the entire decision to add the book to your pull list is based on whether you like the characters or want to see those characters together on a team (which few people do).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think it's perfect, but the only one member of this team that disappoints me is Gentle - and to a much lesser extent Kurt.

I'm more excited for this lineup than I was for Gold because I like seeing a fresh, new lineup of characters that often haven't gotten the opportunity to interact together so new dynamics can be made. Gentle is the weirdest of the New X-Men kids to get a chance at becoming an X-Man, and especially in a team with Namor... but that's kind of what makes him work, that promise that what Namor did to Wakanda is going to have to be addressed. The thing that has me down about Nightcrawler is that he's playing double duty, when I'd prefer if he was just on one team. Laura being off of a team at the start of RessurXion was weird, and I'm excited to see what her dynamic with Jean becomes. Gabby is sort of Laura's hanger-on, and that's fine. In the 90's we had Jubilee after all. Namor respects Jean, and actually feels like one of the most natural choices for this team as a result of that, and I definitely do NOT think he and Jean will be shipped. Trinary is exciting because we don't often see new mutant characters that last so for all intents and purposes if she does then it's fantastic. Lastly, we have Rogue or Gambit, and at this point the chances of it being either of them are great.

These are all characters who have not often interacted with Jean, or with each other, and that's what excites me. It's time for fresh new dynamics. There's also nothing saying that Jean won't interact with any other characters in guest spots, which she almost certainly will, and then there's that whole pesky mini-series leading up to her return where she will absolutely be interacting with her friends...

Also: keep normal Logan as far away from this book as they can.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It's fine. Definitely some different characters in the line-up, which is nice. I'd have preferred someone else to Namor honestly though. Just never cared much for him. I'll give it a shot, despite my lack of enthusiasm.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't see the problem with Taylor bringing in characters he's already familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't see the problem with Taylor bringing in characters he's already familiar with.
    I suspect the concern is that said characters may get an unbalanced amount of screen time. Of course, we'll have to wait and see what actually transpires.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I got this from Jean's appreciation thread. This pretty much covers it, what people think about this team. Not sure which one is more funny, Emma's or Jeen's quotes. Although Sinister quote is funny too, but the other two takes the cake.

Thanks Juan678 for the pic.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

That's pretty funny.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I got this from Jean's appreciation thread. This pretty much covers it, what people think about this team. Not sure which one is more funny, Emma's or Jeen's quotes. Although Sinister quote is funny too, but the other two takes the cake.

One of the more creative ways to express an opinion I've seen.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

That's awesome.

I mean, is there some kind of community liaison or does Marvel just pull stuff out of their butts and then whine when sales slump? Time and time and time again, guys just listen to the community and stop trying to shove things we don't want down our throats. sweet mercy.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    Funny enough the only character in Red I don't like is Jean, so I am looking forward to it.
    You're insaaaaaaaaane.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post

Gotta be honest, pretty much sums up my feelings. IMO Taylor could’ve done a better job in balancing the cast with known X-characters and unknowns that he wants to build up.

And, yes, I realize there are only two unknowns there. Three if you count Gabby (meaning in terms of general public knowledge of the character). Plus Namor, who is known but not typically associated with the X-men.

So three known quantities: Jean, Nightcrawler, Laura

Three unknowns: Gentle, Gabby, Tri-whatever

One known non-X-character: Namor
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-21-2017 at 10:26 AM.