Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Unless she signed to do and withdrew from WW2 at some earlier point, the verb in the sentence in question ("Patty Jenkins resigned for Wonder Woman 2") should just be "signed". You can't re-sign for something until you have signed for it at least once before.
    You can in a poorly written article She's doing it so it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Half the population doesnt watch fox news its average age is like 60+. I think he also meant some like a minority of viewers. Or i hope he did. The same people who get worked up when Fox news says christians are under attack, or there a war on christmas.
    Maybe they are saying that Christians are under attack. But not by black people. lol

About Warner, I just think these guys are nuts. I mean they managed to (wrongly in my opinion) let Zack Snyder direct another movie then just a few months ago, they decided they wanted something else and have Whedon come in and completely change the movie while still keeping the same release date. Either these guys are crazy or they wanted the movie to fail. They got the same cluster as Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 12-10-2017 at 07:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Maybe they are saying that Christians are under attack. But not by black people. lol

About Warner, I just think these guys are nuts. I mean they managed to (wrongly in my opinion) let Zack Snyder direct another movie then just a few months ago, they decided they wanted something else and have Whedon come in and completely change the movie while still keeping the same release date. Either these guys are crazy or they wanted the movie to fail. They got the same cluster as Suicide Squad.
    While I think that WB execs made some mistakes in their decision-making, let's not forget that Snyder's daughter killed herself and that played a role in how the final 6-9 months played out.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    While I think that WB execs made some mistakes in their decision-making, let's not forget that Snyder's daughter killed herself and that played a role in how the final 6-9 months played out.
    I think they had made up their mind. I heard that the movie they had seen in December scared the living Hell out of the executives and they wanted to make changes. The movie was already shot by the time all the unfortunate business happened with his daughter(in the spring I believe?). All the new director had to do was polish a few things. Instead Whedon changed everything. I mean boom.

Astonishing Member

i think the fact that public impression of movies is so based on an aggregate scoring system like rotten tomatoes is problematic. everything is judged as some homogeneous consensus of what's acceptable to be good or bad, when movies are an inherently subjective experience. like if anything, i'm pretty sure a movie that has 99% on rotten tomatoes is probably going to be thoroughly inoffensive and uninteresting.

so i guess here we are, zack snyder makes what, 2 and a half (if you count JL) divisive movies, and the third one ends up getting this rushed polishing hack job at the end. it's like they annoyed the snyder fans and still failed to win over the people who didn't like the previous films. i like to think it's got to count for something that batman v superman was the most successful of the dceu movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    i think the fact that public impression of movies is so based on an aggregate scoring system like rotten tomatoes is problematic. everything is judged as some homogeneous consensus of what's acceptable to be good or bad, when movies are an inherently subjective experience. like if anything, i'm pretty sure a movie that has 99% on rotten tomatoes is probably going to be thoroughly inoffensive and uninteresting.
    Critically acclaimed movies (and art, and books) tend to be more controversial, not less.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/

What went wrong. Batman V Superman. THat was point of no return, IMO. Left a sour taste and divisive movies like that are not a good thing...especially in the superhero/comic book movie realm. It's either Yay or Nay. and BVS was a big Nay for many people. Warner Bros main problem is that they're rushing things, stop rushing and hiring writers that actually are fans of source material. but that's just entirely my take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    What went wrong. Batman V Superman. THat was point of no return, IMO. Left a sour taste and divisive movies like that are not a good thing...especially in the superhero/comic book movie realm. It's either Yay or Nay. and BVS was a big Nay for many people. Warner Bros main problem is that they're rushing things, stop rushing and hiring writers that actually are fans of source material. but that's just entirely my take on things.
    And Suicide Squad compounded things. Two critically panned movies in a row. I was surprised at the reaction Wonder Woman got, but I guess feminist armor and that it was pretty much its own
    movie with no hard connection to the DCEU protected her.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And Suicide Squad compounded things. Two critically panned movies in a row. I was surprised at the reaction Wonder Woman got, but I guess feminist armor and that it was pretty much its own
    I thinks it more the fact that Wonder Woman was a better structured, written, and directed movie than BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    I thinks it more the fact that Wonder Woman was a better structured, written, and directed movie than BvS.
    Yeah. Keep in mind we've seen bad or disappointing feminist movies (Ghostbusters, for example), whereas Wonder Woman was well made *and* feminist.

Funny thing is, Justice League reduced the literal feminist armor to bare more skin, and did the nonsensically more-pointed breasted breast plate (a sword strike there is even worse than normal breast plate from the WW movie!).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Meh.
    Suicide was a movie like the Transformer series: utter crap and critically panned, but people loved it anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post

No im pretty sure the Liberal Media is who they blaim or Obama flip a coin. I didnt bring fox news up somelse did in was just replying to the half the nation watching fox news statment.

WBs does some good stuff so i think the execs are only nuts when dealing with the DCEU. I dont hear non DCEU directors at Wbs compaining about theyre movies getting butchered due to Studio medling. Though im sure it does happen, in just cant recall any.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Marvel keep hiring young writers ppl havent heard of (Except for the directors who wrote theyre own scripts. ;Gunn and the Russos aswell right?) m not ready to blame the writers. Though Snyder wrote or co wrote half the movies in the DCEU But the scripts might have been fine who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by midvillian1322 View Post
    marvel keep hiring young writers ppl havent heard of (except for the directors who wrote theyre own scripts. ;gunn and the russos aswell right?) m not ready to blame the writers. Though snyder wrote or co wrote half the movies in the dceu but the scripts might have been fine who knows.
    martha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    And there it is.