Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I meant on here and comic circles not the GA. And yea if your a big Barry Allen fan you might care alot. I didnt mind flash though in the movie. Wasnt my favorite but i liked him.

Can anybody tell me why he runs like hes speed skating? Its such a ugly technique for someone running. And this isnt Ezras fault he was clearly directed to run with the form of a speed skater. That i didnt like
    What i feel is this is Flash having fun. Just prior to it he was informing his Dad that he found a proper job. His father felt proud and happy. So he was feeling happy and ran like that intentionally. I think it was meant to be funny as it is a bit weird. Look at his facial expressions. He is kidding. Haven't you ever felt like let me walk or run in a different or funny way just to have fun. If not perhaps i am the weird one.

Prior to that scene he was running as he runs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Actually your wrong. It took a 60 percent drop from last weekend which is more than any comic book movie this year, and more than suicide squad in its third weekend which had horrible drops itself. So no its not an expected drop. Projections for Thor were 25 to 26 million this weekend. It made 21 million. A 60 percent drop. Suicide squad which had horrible reviews had less of a drop in its third weekend. So no its not expected.
    It really isn't a bad drop. Thor was expectedly manhandled by the Justice League. And if you compare it to SS's third weekend drop, it's main competition was the Sausage Party, not exactly JL competition so yeah the drops were much bigger.

The opening weekend for the JL is more of a concern than Thor's third weekend drop off. Projections were in the 110M. I thought JL had a shot at 500M when WW finished with 412M. This is bad for such a big tentpole movie.

Astonishing Member

Thor came in over projections early, i dont think disney is upset right now. They had to know JL was gonna get them week 3 and then they are droppong theyre big animated movie the next week. None of this can be a surprise to them. And i dont have time to look at drops and predict Thors final totals but i assume it will atleast be pushing 800m worldwide. Its only 60m away.

Thor has overachieved IMO. Thought it would be lucky to get to 250M domestically but it looks like it will finish 280M+. That's great for MCU's weaker franchise.

Mighty Member

Actually your wrong. It took a 60 percent drop from last weekend which is more than any comic book movie this year, and more than suicide squad in its third weekend which had horrible drops itself. So no its not an expected drop. Projections for Thor were 25 to 26 million this weekend. It made 21 million. A 60 percent drop. Suicide squad which had horrible reviews had less of a drop in its third weekend. So no its not expected.

It's drop was inflated last weekend because the previous one's drop was softened by Veteran's day. Holidays have an impact.

BANNED

Holy Crap ok here we go- Weekend Three Logan- 53 percent drop
    Weekend Three GOTG2- 46 percent drop
    Weekend Three Wonder Woman- 29 percent drop
    Weekend Three Spider man -49 percent drop
    Weekend Three Thor- 62 percent drop

Now if you want to keep on stating that the drop is normal for a blockbuster I am going to keep on posting facts to you. The Drop for Thor was massive. More than any comic book movie this year. And actually much much more. What drives me nuts about when I try to post facts I get general statements. I don't care what you say these are numbers right from Box office mojo. Now you can say its all normal and whatever. But not for the other comic book movies this year.
    Not really. Numbers aren't "facts". Numbers are numbers. Ask Benjamin Disraeli, because he had a famous quote that's applicable here. If you wanted factual information you would also bring up that none of those other movies saw a major release within the same genre and a much-anticipated family movie for competition in the 3rd week. Coincidentally, most of the movie sites that you can get those numbers from actually do break down situations like that, because for numbers to equate to "facts" you have to have proper context. So is it a big drop? Sure. But, then again, not unreasonably so under the circumstances. At any rate I'm not sure why a 3rd week dropoff outranks stumbling out of the gate like JL did... seems like burying the lede to me.

I am talking this year.
    Why? Is this year the only year we've had superhero movies? Is this the first year you started watching them?

Holy Crap ok here we go- Weekend Three Logan- 53 percent drop
    Weekend Three GOTG2- 46 percent drop
    Weekend Three Wonder Woman- 29 percent drop
    Weekend Three Spider man -49 percent drop
    Weekend Three Thor- 62 percent drop

Now if you want to keep on stating that the drop is normal for a blockbuster I am going to keep on posting facts to you. The Drop for Thor was massive. More than any comic book movie this year. And actually much much more. What drives me nuts about when I try to post facts I get general statements. I don't care what you say these are numbers right from Box office mojo. Now you can say its all normal and whatever. But not for the other comic book movies this year.
    I'd guess they aren't putting much thought into if that drop was "Normal".

They are laughing while they count that extra twenty-two million from the first week.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-21-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Let alone what the drop for Justice League is going to look like by the third week.

I got to see the movie yesterday. It was okay. Not great, but okay. I can understand tepid word of mouth, though---the CGI was horrible, and I'm not talking about things where you might have to cut them some slack, like Steppenwolf's face, I mean things like the backgrounds. Even freaking Kansas looked incredibly fake. And the editing was as choppy if not even choppier than the theatrical cut of BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Not really. Numbers aren't "facts". Numbers are numbers. Ask Benjamin Disraeli, because he had a famous quote that's applicable here. If you wanted factual information you would also bring up that none of those other movies saw a major release within the same genre and a much-anticipated family movie for competition in the 3rd week. Coincidentally, most of the movie sites that you can get those numbers from actually do break down situations like that, because for numbers to equate to "facts" you have to have proper context. So is it a big drop? Sure. But, then again, not unreasonably so under the circumstances. At any rate I'm not sure why a 3rd week dropoff outranks stumbling out of the gate like JL did... seems like burying the lede to me.
    Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at in an earlier post. Because Thor already tripled it's budget, it would still be a financial success even if it didn't draw a dime in its third week. So in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter much how it performed.

But for Justice League it's VERY important to perform well it's first week. If it doesn't that becomes the narrative and it will kill the momentum of the preceeding weeks. DC will basically have to spend the rest of the movies time in theaters trying to but a poo site spin on the negative news cycle.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Can anybody tell me why [The Flash] runs like hes speed skating? Its such a ugly technique for someone running. And this isnt Ezras fault he was clearly directed to run with the form of a speed skater. That i didnt like
    Probably just to distinguish him from speedsters we've seen before. And it also is a funny way of incorporating Barry being a competitive ice dancer.
    Hm. That would, however, be a nifty way to illustrate Johnny/Jessie Quick's superspeed in a way that distinguishes them from The Flash. Particularly since JQ can fly, it might be a good idea to illustrate they've got more going on than leg muscles and speed force. But, I digress...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    ...the CGI was horrible, and I'm not talking about things where you might have to cut them some slack, like Steppenwolf's face, I mean things like the backgrounds. Even freaking Kansas looked incredibly fake...
    One has to wonder if a production actually gets all the value out of the CGI capacity it buys for a given project. "We're paying X-ity Skillion for this, use it!" As is so often the case, less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One has to wonder if a production actually gets all the value out of the CGI capacity it buys for a given project. "We're paying X-ity Skillion for this, use it!" As is so often the case, less is more.
    If a lot of the poor cgi stuff was from the reshoots, I can imagine it being a bit more rushed.

Maybe the lesson is to try and not rely on reshoots as much as they have. All movies to SOME reshoots, but it seems to be an issue with DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let alone what the drop for Justice League is going to look like by the third week.
    I was going to wait to see it in week three, but now i don’t think i should anymore.