Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian View Post
    There were people clapping in my theater during the final battle in BvS

There are a lot of simple people out there. Especially the general movie going public. That's why we get a slew of those shitty Transformers movies.

Dangle something shiny in front of them and watch them react.

Fanboys are going to react positively to whatever they hold dear to them, no matter how bad the product truly is.
    None of that changes the value of their money.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    None of that changes the value of their money.

Who said it did?

Money is money is money.

If Justice League makes big bank at the theaters, I'm sure DC/WB will keep farting these movies out with slapshot quality and the DCEU will continue on this trek.

I'd just personally like something much better.

BANNED

Who said it did?

Money is money is money.

If Justice League makes big bank at the theaters, I'm sure DC/WB will keep farting these movies out with slapshot quality and the DCEU will continue on this trek.

I'd just personally like something much better.
    Your point (to me) is difficult to grasp. You seem to be saying:

"Look how shitty the Transformers movies are and people pay all kinds of money for them!"

"Look how shitty DCEU movies are and people won't pay any money for them!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Your point (to me) is difficult to grasp. You seem to be saying:

"Look how shitty the Transformers movies are and people pay all kinds of money for them!"

"Look how shitty DCEU movies are and people won't pay any money for them!"
    People have been paying money for DC movies, that's why Warner Bros keeps slapping them out.

But if the early numbers for JL's opening weekend are any indication, maybe people are starting to wise up to this crap just a little. You're not going to repeatedly hand me a **** sandwich and expect me to keep scarfing it down.

I had zero interest in seeing it, only went to a cheap matinee because my youngest wanted to go. Wasn't going to be some kind of prick and tell him "No, sorry. I can't contribute to the box office numbers of these terrible DCEU movies". It pretty much ended up being exactly what I expected and he didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it either.

If the movie falters a bit at the box office, maybe it will finally give WB the motivation it needs to toss guys like Zack Snyder on the trash heap and essentially start fresh.

BANNED

People have been paying money for DC movies, that's why Warner Bros keeps slapping them out.
    But, other than WW, they haven't been paying a lot of money for them. Not what WB expects anyway. They just keep going forward telling themselves that the next one will be different. Except for WW, that's not held up.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 11-19-2017 at 04:25 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

If the movie falters a bit at the box office, maybe it will finally give WB the motivation it needs to toss guys like Zack Snyder on the trash heap and essentially start fresh.
    Or give up making DC superhero movies forever...or at least for such a long time that none of us will live long enough to see the next batch of them.

Why is NOBODY worried about this? Is it GUARANTEED that WB is going to learn the *right* lessons from the box office disappointment? What if the end result is NO MORE DC MOVIES EVER?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

But, other than WW, they haven't been paying a lot of money for them. Not what WB expects anyway. They just keep going forward telling themselves that the next one will be different. Except for WW, that's held up.

Batman v Superman grossed around $870 million worldwide.

Suicide Squad grossed around $750 million worldwide.

They've under performed when stacked up against Marvel heavyweights like The Avengers and Civil War, but otherwise they've been right on par with the other Marvel movies, even topping many of them.

Though I agree that WB has nutty expectations

BANNED

Or give up making DC superhero movies forever...or at least for such a long time that none of us will live long enough to see the next batch of them.

Why is NOBODY worried about this? Is it GUARANTEED that WB is going to learn the *right* lessons from the box office disappointment? What if the end result is NO MORE DC MOVIES EVER?
    There's been a couple of good Superman movies 40 years ago, and a couple of good Batman movies 8 years ago. If the current crop is the best they can do, I'm cool with no more until a different executive team comes in.

But given Wonder Woman (I didn't like it but clearly I'm a tiny minority) I don't think there's a risk that there won't be more. I also, frankly, expect Aquaman to be a success, and Flash is probably the next DCEU movie that I would go seek. He seemed the only character worth seeing.

BANNED

That's never happening

Maybe a 4-5 year break, but do you honestly believe we'll never see another Batman film adaptation? Another Wonder Woman with how acclaimed Gadot's portrayal has been?

They'd honestly be better off just abandoning this idea of a "shared cinematic universe" so desperately trying to compete with Marvel, and just focus on making good standalone films.

This whole DCEU thing was thrown together in a slapdick manner from the start with no real thought or planning put into it.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmm well I guess it's time to face facts. It's really possible DC heroes have peaked and their best days are behind them. They've been making Superman movies since the late 70s,Batman since the late 80s and dominated when Marvel wasn't even in the running. Everything has it's time, that being said I don't think the movie was great or bad. I'd put it in the realm of entertaining popcorn.

I think a lot of people might have had the same perspective I had, hold off on going to see it opening weekend and wait for word of mouth from friends/critics. DC's burned people with shitty movies, and Wonder Woman being good wasn't going to instantly change DC's reputation.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hmmm well I guess it's time to face facts. It's really possible DC heroes have peaked and their best days are behind them. They've been making Superman movies since the late 70s,Batman since the late 80s and dominated when Marvel wasn't even in the running. Everything has it's time, that being said I don't think the movie was great or bad. I'd put it in the realm of entertaining popcorn.
    I think this would be a more likely argument if wonder Woman hadn't been such phenomenal success.

It had to happen eventually.

DC were lucky that MoS, B v S and Suicide Squad were mediocre movies yet at the same time being huge box office successes. Critics hated these movies yet the public didn't care, they went to see them in drove.

But with Justice League it's as if people woke up from the drunken wild night and realised holly crap these movies sucks. And didn't have the taste for that brand of super-hero movie anymore(regardless if JL was good or not).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    It had to happen eventually.

DC were lucky that MoS, B v S and Suicide Squad were mediocre movies yet at the same time being huge box office successes. Critics hated these movies yet the public didn't care, they went to see them in drove.
    Reminder that these movies were not huge box office successes. They did just well enough to justify making another one. I suspect JL will, as well. This movie isn't likely to change the game, just continue the game.

The difference is, perhaps, a preconceived notion that Justice League being Justice League, they could put anything on the screen and it would do extraordinary, which does not seem to be born out so far.

Extraordinary Member

I think this would be a more likely argument if wonder Woman hadn't been such phenomenal success.
    That's good for WW but if this movie bombs that's a wrap for an expanded dcu. There's not gonna be a Flash or Aquaman movie.