Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Pfftt....i highly doubt Batman won't be in the DCEU. Mat Reeves supposedly said, that it's self contained but still within the DCEU. unless they're going to have 2 seperate batman franchises, i highly doubt this rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Its all personal taste. I found 'I, Tonya' to be more enjoyable than JL and thats coming from a movie that you already know the story going in. JL was supposed to be fun, but it just came across as so flat and cheesy that I struggled with it. Acting is not even in question here. Allison Janey will be nominated for awards and Robbie also knocked it out of the park. Hard to compare that to Ezra Miler and Jason Mamoa being the most annoying characters ever to grace the big screen. Apples and oranges I guess.
    I liked them and find porgs and bad ape way more annoying but that's just me.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Director says batman series not part of the dcu and is a stand alone.

Take what this guy says with a grain of salt. I think he also said that the Wonder Woman movie was a disaster in the making lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Director says batman series not part of the dcu and is a stand alone.
    Where does the director say that? Not in the video you posted. All the video talks about is theys, whoever the theys are.

John talks about this rumor also but it's saying "soft reboot" in the rumor.

Any way you slice it, having to reboot in any form--whatever adjective they want to put in front of it to make it sound better than it really is--after two films (I don't count MOS and Wonder Woman, those are by and large stand alone films, BvS and JL are really the only two truly shared universe installments), is pathetic and shows just how much a disaster the undertaking has been.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-16-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I dont think they have decided on what the future of the DCEU is. They guy who was in charge of WB horror diviaion Walter Hamada is now in charge and the rumor is they are currently working out how they go forward. So i dont think anything is set in stone.

Astonishing Member

Soft Rebooting Batman is a no-brainer but I feel it's time for Batman to take a rest for awhile IMO. Batman fatigue has a real chance of happening and I feel it's time for the Dark Knight to take a bit backseat for the time being. I want DC to focus on other characters and give the spotlight to them. If there is any good that came out of Batman and Robin is that it forced the franchise to go into a bit of a lengthy hiatus(I think it was an eight year gap between Batman And Robin and Begins). Shazam and Wonder Woman, and Aquaman should be the main leaders of the DCEU going forward. Revitalize the brand using them.

DC has commit themselves to making household names instead of just making due with only household names. they can't rely on Batman and Superman forever. They have to branch out and try some different characters. Marvel made characters once thought to be B-listers outgross DC's A-list characters for petes sakes.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-18-2018 at 09:40 AM.

WB has no interest in taking the time to do any of that though. This was made apparent years ago when they squashed Superman's sequel to force BvS, which failed spectacularly in large part due to that complete lack of build-up. They wanted a completed movieverse "Right now", unwilling to take the time to build it properly. I have no confidence there's even the slightest thought of doing that now. A "soft reboot" is just a quick band-aid trying to cover a symptom, without even remotely addressing the root cause.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    WB has no interest in taking the time to do any of that though. This was made apparent years ago when they squashed Superman's sequel to force BvS, which failed spectacularly in large part due to that complete lack of build-up. They wanted a completed movieverse "Right now", unwilling to take the time to build it properly. I have no confidence there's even the slightest thought of doing that now. A "soft reboot" is just a quick band-aid trying to cover a symptom, without even remotely addressing the root cause.
    You don't know that though. Isn't the whole point of bringing in new management to not do things the way they have always done it? Otherwise what's the point?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Well Jumanji surpassed JL. Who would have thought?

So much hear say, so whatever lol. On another note I REALLY love Spider-man homecoming and i thought it was the only good marvel film that came out this year. Having said that i'm not sure about how i feel about that writing team heading Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    So much hear say, so whatever lol. On another note I REALLY love Spider-man homecoming and i thought it was the only good marvel film that came out this year. Having said that i'm not sure about how i feel about that writing team heading Flashpoint.
    You didn't like Thor?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You didn't like Thor?
    Hell nah, **** that movie. I mean WTF was that ****?? lol