Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post

You're the one digging around the internet for out of context "look Superman's faster" pictures from comics you haven't read. I think you're taking this a lot more seriously than I am. I just actually read the comics, pardon me.
    Well, it's a funny thread. Have some fun with it.
    Plus, I'm sure you haven't read every comic I've ever read either. I would've listed the Supes catching Wally title if I knew it and if someone else had titled it. Thanks for giving the series and issue number btw.

You also didn't admit anything.
    Did too. When I said "Time for some Flash-Facts". That's a Flash trademark, usually dropped when one of the Flash family does something incredible.

You said Flash is faster on Earth and Superman is faster in space, which isn't true either. Not that it really matters. Whoever needs to be faster for a particular story is faster. It's almost always Flash by nature of how the characters work but I'm sure there's exceptions out there.
    No I didn't. I think you've confused me for someone else, mate.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The main Flash will always be faster than Superman. The Flash's entire gimmick is that he is the fastest man alive, if there is a person (especially an A-list superhero) who is faster than him, his entire character is made irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The main Flash will always be faster than Superman. The Flash's entire gimmick is that he is the fastest man alive, if there is a person (especially an A-list superhero) who is faster than him, his entire character is made irrelevant.
    And yet the Flash comic and now the TV show, keep introducing evil speedsters who are faster than our hero.

Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar, Godspeed, Black Flash

Title - The Fastest Man Alive!
    Subtitle - Until he's not...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Superman is faster, and has a better range of movement range too.
    The latter is particularly puzzling conclusion seeing as Superman usually travels in straight lines with tons of momentum when speeding. Never struck me as the type who could avoid raindrops in a heavy storm going a thousand miles per hour, unlike the Flash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Well, it's a funny thread. Have some fun with it.
    Plus, I'm sure you haven't read every comic I've ever read either. I would've listed the Supes catching Wally title if I knew it and if someone else had titled it. Thanks for giving the series and issue number btw.

Did too. When I said "Time for some Flash-Facts". That's a Flash trademark, usually dropped when one of the Flash family does something incredible.

No I didn't. I think you've confused me for someone else, mate.
    My mistake, somehow mistook your avatar for someone else's.

Spectacular Member

The Flash for sure, Wally and Barry should always be faster than Supes imo, Chasing bullets through time and whatnot lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinr View Post
    The Flash for sure, Wally and Barry should always be faster than Supes imo, Chasing bullets through time and whatnot lol.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    And yet the Flash comic and now the TV show, keep introducing evil speedsters who are faster than our hero.

Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar, Godspeed, Black Flash

Title - The Fastest Man Alive!
    Subtitle - Until he's not...
    Until they are not at the end of the arc.

All I have to say is, after so many years of the answer to this question being so totally and obviously "the Flash" that it wasn't even worth asking, I love that we've got this thread. I love that "Who's Faster: Superman or Flash" is finally a question worth asking again. I don't know how long the question will remain worth asking; Flash has only one power and Superman has like eight, so it's only fair that Flash be at least a little faster. For the time being though, I'm just going to revel in the fact that for the first time in years, Superman might actually be faster than the Flash. That's actually a possibility again.

For what it's worth, I do think Flash should only be a little faster, none of this "Flash keeps pace with Superman while running backwards and then just takes off" crap. What makes Flash's powers more interesting is all the little Speed Force things Superman just can't do, like sliding his molecules into a different vibrational pattern to slip through a solid object, or the ability to steal or lend speed to another moving object, not the fact that he's so much faster that Superman can be a statue to him. Superman can't do anything like those things, but he should be able to at least almost move as fast as the Flash can.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    All I have to say is, after so many years of the answer to this question being so totally and obviously "the Flash" that it wasn't even worth asking, I love that we've got this thread. I love that "Who's Faster: Superman or Flash" is finally a question worth asking again. I don't know how long the question will remain worth asking; Flash has only one power and Superman has like eight, so it's only fair that Flash be at least a little faster. For the time being though, I'm just going to revel in the fact that for the first time in years, Superman might actually be faster than the Flash. That's actually a possibility again.

For what it's worth, I do think Flash should only be a little faster, none of this "Flash keeps pace with Superman while running backwards and then just takes off" crap. What makes Flash's powers more interesting is all the little Speed Force things Superman just can't do, like sliding his molecules into a different vibrational pattern to slip through a solid object, or the ability to steal or lend speed to another moving object, not the fact that he's so much faster that Superman can be a statue to him. Superman can't do anything like those things, but he should be able to at least almost move as fast as the Flash can.

Fair? Life isn't fair,and the comic hiarchy shouldn't be either.

You are a perfect example of someone using the 1 power argument, but then listing and thinking it's cool that flash does all these extra things.

Flash is more,way more than just running fast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

The answer is pretty obvious. These kinds of threads pop up everywhere. It's not really any different now than it was in years past.

The ability to steal speed is what makes him capable of making Superman look like a statue to him. That happened explicitly in a Flash comic. So the little differences you like creates the big difference you don't like.

I don't get why Superman should almost be as fast as Flash. Why is that? If that was the case, that tiny difference would make situations that require speed make Superman the obvious choice because he has a plethora of other powers he can apply at negligibly less than Flash speed. Superman doesn't need to be almost as good a fighter as Wonder Woman, does he? Or almost as good at making hard light constructs as GL, does he? Flash is significantly and obviously better at his niche. Superman is still super fast when needed but in situations where the utmost speed is necessary then it's important that Superman is a fair step behind Flash lest Superman just fill in for him in these situations.

I like the difference between Superman and the Flash to be similar to the difference between, say, a Baseball player and a thrown baseball. The player can somewhat see and react to the ball and some small percentage of the time maybe get a lick in, but a baseball player can't NEARLY actually move as fast as that thrown baseball.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-30-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Isn't this the thread that ended up getting the DC comic forum cancelled?

I don't know? Has superman ever ran so fast that he traveled back in time and disintegrated into a lighting bolt to become one with the speed force? Or in Wally's case, travel so fast that time became still? If yes, than possibly Superman? but my money is on the Flash.

Do we really need this thread? The answer is obviously Flash, debating is pointless.

my question is how much prep time does batman need to beat superman or flash in a race?

BANNED

Why can't they just have the difference in their speed be that (imo of course) Supermans speed is based in normal physics,and flash is based on the link and usage of the speedforce,which lets him control and manipulate speed or time in some cases,as in speed stealing or time travel,while superman is just insanely fast

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Why can't they just have the difference in their speed be that (imo of course) Supermans speed is based in normal physics,and flash is based on the link and usage of the speedforce,which lets him control and manipulate speed or time in some cases,as in speed stealing or time travel,while superman is just insanely fast
    Logically speaking your words should make all sense. Superman has no access to the speed force. He is just fast. Otoh Flash is fast because he has access to Speed Force. Isn't speed force a kind of energy? You can take away one's speed force. I am not acquainted with the nitty grities of speed force. So, i maybe wrong.

But if Flash can take away someone's speed he is basically a God. No one can defeat him. Enter Darkseid. Make him slow so that he can't move. Then Batman can sucker punch him. Captain Cold. Take away his speed. Why bother running at all?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-01-2017 at 07:51 AM.