View Poll Results: What would be your 2nd X-woman solo movie?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

48 33.57%
  • Psylocke

11 7.69%
  • Rogue

29 20.28%
  • Kitty

5 3.50%
  • Dazzler

21 14.69%
  • Emma Frost

14 9.79%
  • other

15 10.49%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What in the Wide Wide World of Sports are you even rambling about? I've said nothing of the sort regarding X's film treatment. Comics? Yes, because they gave her the Wolverine name and then shoved her into a corner in favor of the Old Man, but that doesn't have a frelling thing to do with the films.
    that's not true. one of the reason you don't want fox to sell to marvel is because you fear she will not have her movie made and will fall back to not being shown in movies.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Okay, people. We're all X-Fans here. Everyone has their own opinions and we're allowed to disagree in a healthy debate and discussion. I don't think there's any need to insult and make assumptions back and forth. Let's keep it on topic without all of the negativity.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What in the Wide Wide World of Sports are you even rambling about? I've said nothing of the sort regarding X's film treatment. Comics? Yes, because they gave her the Wolverine name and then shoved her into a corner in favor of the Old Man, but that doesn't have a frelling thing to do with the films.
    Then instead of bitching about Storm fans who have been treated like crap, then maybe don't gang up on them. Why does that even upset you when the X-movies have been so kind to Laura? Storm fans aren't the only ones who complain. ALL fanbases here complain. Why target Storm? What is it about a powerful black female getting the recognition she deserves so threatening to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I'm starting to like Laura less and less knowing how her fans seem to look down on other X-women... Yuck.

Storm! For sure, and since the Laura fans seem to be dissing her. Let me remind yall that Laura is NOTHING compared to Storm. Storm is original. Laura is not. She is like the 50th clone of Logan (Storm is truly original), AND her whole angry little girls schtick? Umm, there's tons of "angry little girls" that did that schtick before Laura ever did.
    Personally, I think at the end of the day, nothing in fiction is truly "original" (after centuries of storytelling, everything has to have been done at least once), so the question is more of if the current remix does a good job of it on its own terms. Some do, some don't, and mileage will vary on which is which.

I also try to be careful about letting fan behavior affect the material itself, which can be hard. Case in point, I've always been big into the Star Wars tie-ins. After Disney bought LucasFilm and the tie-ins started over, a lot of fans who liked the older batch of books and didn't want them rebooted began speaking out online in favor of their position on social media and whatnot with varying degrees of organization. Fair enough, however a lot of them went over the line, making nuisances of themselves at best, and spamming and harassing other web users at the worst (up to the point of some factions threatening to spoil upcoming movies for everyone).

The upshot, as someone who had a foot in both the old and new camps, I've found myself having a lot less interest and enjoyment out of the older books because of that. Nothing about the books themselves changed, but listening to constant negativity from people on behalf of those materials did negatively affect something I'd liked. Moral of the story, I think, a piece of material is separate from the the people who talk about it and we should try to remember that as best as possible.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Of all the X-Men, Storm could probably hold her own series of solo movies easier than any other X-character save possibly Wolverine. Even if Marvel is unwilling to truly explore the story potential of Storm's background, I don't see why the movie people simply can't read her back story/ancestral history and come up with plots based on that. They could literally even create villains for her to fight or simply pull from existing Marvel villains. She doesn't have to be limited to X-Men villains either.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I voted Dazzler, mainly because she is my favorite comic character ever, but her graphic novel Dazzler: The Movie is soooo ready for an adaptation for film. It is timely, it is relevant, and it is marketable AF. The story line of the cost of fame, the trying to be true to yourself, all of it resonates with our society now more than it did when it originally came out.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Okay, people. We're all X-Fans here. Everyone has their own opinions and we're allowed to disagree in a healthy debate and discussion. I don't think there's any need to insult and make assumptions back and forth. Let's keep it on topic without all of the negativity.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Of all the X-Men, Storm could probably hold her own series of solo movies easier than any other X-character save possibly Wolverine. Even if Marvel is unwilling to truly explore the story potential of Storm's background, I don't see why the movie people simply can't read her back story/ancestral history and come up with plots based on that. They could literally even create villains for her to fight or simply pull from existing Marvel villains. She doesn't have to be limited to X-Men villains either.
    Hmm. While I wasn't a part of the aforementioned "Storm vs. X-23" argument, personally Storm isn't a character I've ever been able to get into and can really do without, while X-23 is one of my all-time favorite X-Men characters.

However, when you put it like that, I could see how a Storm movie could be interesting. While it might be hard to do one in the current X-Men series (the way Apocalypse set a different backstory for her), a totally new take could do something. I mean, if nothing else, you got a mutant who, instead of being hated and feared, was worshiped as a deity. How does that affect her growing up and sense of self? How does she adjust when she finds the rest of the world is different? That could be some interesting character stuff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Petty Storm fans? The only one that sounds petty is YOU.

Storm was even more iconic than Wonder Woman before the FOX deal.

And no Laura's not iconic. Iconic character have earned that title after decades of stories. Laura came at a time when X-comics aren't even that popular anymore. her book would've been cancelled already if she wasn't co-opting the Wolverine name. What a strong female. Can't even stand by her own and instead needs to ride a MAN's coattails to gain relevance.

Instead of showing gratitude that Laura was treated wonderfully in Logan and now has her own solo movie coming, yet you're instead bitching about how she hasn't gotten enough when every X-woman outside Mystique has been treated like crap. So excuse us for being "petty" and not acting like Laura is the greatest x-woman ever.

If you think Storm fans are petty due to the way she's treated, then you probably think minorities are petty when they complain about police brutality. You're probably a "white feminist" like Lena Dunham.
    I adore you.

I voted Dazzler.

Imagine a superhero musical!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I voted Dazzler.

Imagine a superhero musical!
    With Storm in it being played by Halle Berry, but when she sings, it's going to be Celine Dion's voice.

Toni Braxton voicing as Storm would be awesome too!
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-21-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Lol there are new level of pettiness in this thread.

I think Magik would be good for a solo if done right it could do very well. At the risk of annoying the rather rabid storm fan base I don't think her solo would work right now, fox don't seem to know how to present the character in an appealing way.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I think these characters work better in teams. The problem with the movies so far is that they've only been about Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Wolverine. X3 focused on Jean I suppose.

If they did an X-Men Gold or Blue team movie with 5 characters max, they can focus on each one better and have a team dynamic that works. I don't see a Storm solo movie being that interesting. I'd much rather see Storm as the leader of a team movie though. We've never seen Cyclops or Storm leading a team. They've only had like 3 lines max in every movie they've been in and were written to be less important than Wolverine. I get that Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine are important, but their story has been beaten to death. Wolverine's scene in Apocalypse was unnecessary. Especially because they claimed it wasn't ties to any of his movies, which was weird because it's the same actor... We're going to see Magneto and Charles be the protagoni$ts for obvious reasons.

Maybe New Mutants will work since it's leaving Xavier and Wolverine behind, and focusing on a smaller team. They might pull a Killer Croc on someone though.

Ultimate Member

Dazzler has the benefit of having been a solo lead. It may have only lasted four years, but that's a pretty good run for an X-lady!

BANNED

Itd be great to see an xwomen movie.