View Poll Results: What would be your 2nd X-woman solo movie?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

48 33.57%
  • Psylocke

11 7.69%
  • Rogue

29 20.28%
  • Kitty

5 3.50%
  • Dazzler

21 14.69%
  • Emma Frost

14 9.79%
  • other

15 10.49%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Psylocke....it would fulfill that Wolverine-esque void in the MUX.

I love Storm, but I can't see a 2 hour movie with her that didn't feel forced and badly written.

Mighty Member

I would vote for Illyana and base the movie on the Magik mini-series which means it could also include alternate versions of Ororo, Kitty and Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I would vote for Illyana and base the movie on the Magik mini-series which means it could also include alternate versions of Ororo, Kitty and Kurt.
    I'm down for this.

I want Psylocke
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Not many fit for a solo film as the majority of X-Men work best in the context of a team. Having a solo film is very different than a solo comic as well. The best contender for your question, in my opinion, would be Dazzler. Other great candidates would be:

• Psylocke: If exploring her origins with S.T.R.I.K.E. and the Otherworld.
    • X-23: It's pretty self-explanatory.
    • Magik: She could have an extreme level of a magic/Limbo-based film.
    • Emma Frost: Based off her origin solo series by Karl Bollers.
    • Domino: A top choice if they wanted a female action movie.

I don't believe a Storm solo would do well at all. Though, you then have a group of female characters who would work best as the primary leading character of a team movie.

• Storm: To really showcase who she is as a leader-- would work well with having flashbacks to her origins.
    • Rogue: Using plotlines from the time she headlined Legacy-- she can headline a team of younger mutants being their mentor.
    • Jean Grey: Point of view of the new kid in school/on the team.
    • Kitty Pryde: Same as Jean Grey ^.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

A Domino spin off from Deadpool 2 and X-Force would be interesting

Superhero musical is one of the last sub-genres left for Fox to explore in the X-Verse, so you know what that means!

BANNED

I'm starting to like Laura less and less knowing how her fans seem to look down on other X-women... Yuck.

Storm! For sure, and since the Laura fans seem to be dissing her. Let me remind yall that Laura is NOTHING compared to Storm. Storm is original. Laura is not. She is like the 50th clone of Logan (Storm is truly original), AND her whole angry little girls schtick? Umm, there's tons of "angry little girls" that did that schtick before Laura ever did.

Other movies:

Mystique, Destiny and Rogue should get one. Have the brotherhood led by her. And since we can't get Carol in this movie, I nominate Monet as the hero whose powers Rogue absorbs. At the end, Rogue joins Xavier. Destiny dies in the end causing Rogue to split from Mystique. Mystique would go back into the shadows as an outsider.

Now out of left field: Dazzler! Since the niche movies seem to be the rage for the FOX universe, a famous mutant popstar Dazzler being kidnapped by Mojo to entertain his planet could be wacky enough of a movie it'd be a hit.

Or maybe a female villain movie? The Hellfire ladies like Selene and Maddie, and of course Emma. They'd all work together but only Emma would be an anti-hero.
    Last edited by Calaigah; 11-20-2017 at 12:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Storm! For sure, and since the Laura fans seem to be dissing her. Let me remind yall that Laura is NOTHING compared to Storm. Storm is original. Laura is not. She is like the 50th clone of Logan (Storm is truly original), AND her whole angry little girls schtick? Umm, there's tons of "angry little girls" that did that schtick before Laura ever did.
    Consider it turnabout for this, which came up on the Multiple Man movie thread, with snide remarks from petty Storm fans throwing shade about "not deserving" a movie because she's not "iconic."
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-20-2017 at 12:18 PM.

I mean, I haven't really read the rest of this thread, but I personally didn't form my opinion that way. I never really try to look at these things like "who deserves it more." I base it on the character itself rather than the character in comparison to others. I don't know why it has to be Laura vs. Ororo or Madrox vs. Ororo, etc.

I think Ororo works best in a team and I do think we should get a movie in which she is the utmost prominent leading character on a team of X-Men. Laura is someone who can work well on her own. You have to take in consideration both popularity and story potential. For example, I think Hope Summers' story has the potential to be an amazing movie, but she no where near cuts it when you look at her popularity. Ororo has the power and popularity, but I think her story is better suited leading a team. And if you want to see her go solo, her origins would work well in some sort of short film type of medium.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

am suprised no one has said Kitty Pryde.

she was always Marvel's answer to Batgirl.

it make sense Whedon is directing a movie batgirl since whedon loved kitty.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What's not to make sense? Not every character works as a solo act, and the majority of the X-Men only work in the team context. The only character on that list who has sustained a solo series past a dozen issues has been Alison.
    Because the OP simply asks who deserves a solo movie. All of what you mentioned is irrelevant because as long as the movie has a good story and an audience that wants to see that story then it can and will succeed. Moreover, the population of people who purchase comics pale in comparison to those who would pay to watch a movie so pointing to comics and the characters who have solos as an indication as to how they may or may not succeed on the silver screen is nonsensical.

Consider it turnabout for this, which came up on the Multiple Man movie thread, with snide remarks from petty Storm fans throwing shade about "not deserving" a movie because she's not "iconic."
    Oh my I didn't know my comments carried so much weight around here. Tehehehe (^_^) If you are going to reference a conversation we had in another thread then at the very least quote me correctly. I didn't say she didn't deserve a solo movie because she wasn't iconic. What I said is that I personally don't think another solo movie should be devoted to Wolverine and his derivatives seeing that his impact to the Xmen line has saturated the movies for nearly 20 years. I then went on to say that they are far more popular characters that should be given a shot at one ( I referred to Wolverine-girl as B-list at best). Lastly, you kept mentioning I wanted to see a Storm solo and was upset because Wolverine-girl has a solo in the works which was also not true. I never said I wanted a Storm focused solo by Fox as they have demonstrated quite well they cannot do the character justice, especially after they bastardized her origins by having her worship Mystique and needing Apocalypse to "transition to Storm" as Singer put it. The only way I would want one is if Marvel owned the rights to the Xmen and they did a complete recast of the character. So if you are going to be upset about things I have said previously at least quote me accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I mean, I haven't really read the rest of this thread, but I personally didn't form my opinion that way. I never really try to look at these things like "who deserves it more." I base it on the character itself rather than the character in comparison to others. I don't know why it has to be Laura vs. Ororo or Madrox vs. Ororo, etc.

I think Ororo works best in a team and I do think we should get a movie in which she is the utmost prominent leading character on a team of X-Men. Laura is someone who can work well on her own. You have to take in consideration both popularity and story potential. For example, I think Hope Summers' story has the potential to be an amazing movie, but she no where near cuts it when you look at her popularity. Ororo has the power and popularity, but I think her story is better suited leading a team. And if you want to see her go solo, her origins would work well in some sort of short film type of medium.
    Why does Ororo work best on team? Is that simply because she has been on one for the large portion of her existence? I actually think the contrary is true. Often times Ororo is written down and in an incompetent fashion when she is on a team as to not overshadow the other team members. In fact, many fans of the character have called for her to leave the Xmen for this very reason. The only reason she works "best" in a team is because that is all she has been given and the times she is written as a solo character instead of the writers creatively working to make new stories and rogues for her they call upon stories of the past that have been done over and over again, such as recently in her first solo book. One of the nice things about her upcoming solo is that the writer for this book isn't afraid to flesh out her story and explore things creatively that actually makes sense to her character (such as having her support the citizens of Harlem during her downtown during the Outback stories.) The only things that limits a character to what they can or can't do or what works best for them is the author/writer behind the character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Petty Storm fans? The only one that sounds petty is YOU.

Storm was even more iconic than Wonder Woman before the FOX deal.

And no Laura's not iconic. Iconic character have earned that title after decades of stories. Laura came at a time when X-comics aren't even that popular anymore. her book would've been cancelled already if she wasn't co-opting the Wolverine name. What a strong female. Can't even stand by her own and instead needs to ride a MAN's coattails to gain relevance.

Instead of showing gratitude that Laura was treated wonderfully in Logan and now has her own solo movie coming, yet you're instead bitching about how she hasn't gotten enough when every X-woman outside Mystique has been treated like crap. So excuse us for being "petty" and not acting like Laura is the greatest x-woman ever.

If you think Storm fans are petty due to the way she's treated, then you probably think minorities are petty when they complain about police brutality. You're probably a "white feminist" like Lena Dunham.
    Last edited by Calaigah; 11-20-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

And no Laura's not iconic. Iconic character have earned that title after decades of stories. Laura came at a time when X-comics aren't even that popular anymore. her book would've been cancelled already if she wasn't co-opting the Wolverine name. What a strong female. Can't even stand by her own and instead needs to ride a MAN's coattails to gain relevance.

Instead of showing gratitude that Laura was treated wonderfully in Logan and now has her own solo movie coming, yet you're instead bitching about how she hasn't gotten enough when every X-woman outside Mystique has been treated like crap. So excuse us for being "petty" and not acting like Laura is the greatest x-woman ever.

If you think Storm fans are petty due to the way she's treated, then you probably think minorities are petty when they complain about police brutality. You're probably a "white feminist" like Lena Dunham.
    i see no lies in this post!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

And no Laura's not iconic. Iconic character have earned that title after decades of stories. Laura came at a time when X-comics aren't even that popular anymore. her book would've been cancelled already if she wasn't co-opting the Wolverine name.

If you think Storm fans are petty due to the way she's treated, then you probably think minorities are petty when they complain about police brutality.
    What in the Wide Wide World of Sports are you even rambling about? I've said nothing of the sort regarding X's film treatment. Comics? Yes, because they gave her the Wolverine name and then shoved her into a corner in favor of the Old Man, but that doesn't have a frelling thing to do with the films.