Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Reeve Superman can make statues/inanimate clones of himself (Superman 2). Not to mention he can flat out teleport (Superman 2 again).

Perhaps it was because he was in the Fortress at the time but Reeves Supes had all sort of weird abilities beyond normal Superman powers.

I think all these "exotic" abilities give Reeves Superman an edge of Cavman.

According to intent/the script, Chris' Superman got those weird powers in Superman 2 due to using Kryptonian tech, but it was never explained IN the actual movie so you can take it as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Reeve Superman(who is the same as Routh) survived nukes on at least two occasions, so I wanted be too sure about Caville Superman being more durable.
    When was this? In Superman, he threw a missile into space. Superman 2 started with that missile freeing the Phantom Zone people, and that's it. Superman 3 had him running from surface to air missiles and then get hit and KOed by an experimental missile (MX) with no designation but that was obviously based on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASALM and obviously wasn't nuclear given that it didn't do anything else. In Superman 4, he threw all the nukes into the sun so he didn't get hit by one there.

The one who can defeat Zod without breaking too much of Metropolis easily wins this one.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Didn’t Reeves Superman push the Moon?
    I honestly believe the Richard Donner Christopher Reeve version of Superman to be some kind of LSD-ish silverage plot device, let's see his powers > > he can take the 'S' off his chest and chuck it trapping superpowered people with a giant plastic net or force field, he has mind wiped Lois using some telepathy plot, he used some super atomic manipulation vision to restore a destroyed Mt Rushmore, he can also make copies or exact illusion duplicates of himself to fool 4 people, 3 Kryptionans who have super sense and Lois are all fooled by his illusions, he can also fly so fast he zips around the world multiple times in a fraction of a second, spinning the Earth backwards and restoring people back to life just in case anyone died

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    I honestly believe the Richard Donner Christopher Reeve version of Superman to be some kind of LSD-ish silverage plot device, let's see his powers > > he can take the 'S' off his chest and chuck it trapping superpowered people with a giant plastic net or force field, he has mind wiped Lois using some telepathy plot, he used some super atomic manipulation vision to restore a destroyed Mt Rushmore, he can also make copies or exact illusion duplicates of himself to fool 4 people, 3 Kryptionans who have super sense and Lois are all fooled by his illusions, he can also fly so fast he zips around the world multiple times in a fraction of a second, spinning the Earth backwards and restoring people back to life just in case anyone died
    Don't forget his "Repair Great Wall of China Vision".

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    DCEU should have a speed and durability edge on anything Routherman did. But has utter garbage strength in comparison. He may be able to win if he uses his advantages and plays keep away. Cause Routherman would absurdly overpower him.

But that's only if you look strictly at Superman Returns for feats. Add in Reeves stuff (they were the same huh?) and I don't know. Can't remember that stuff :P
    The thing is that a lot of the Reeve/ Routh stuff seems more quantifiable.

Lifting an island or surviving a missile or faster than light travel speed for Reeve and overall movement speed speed for Routh.

Not necessarily sure which is faster or more durable though Routh and Reeve win the strength contest.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    This guy calculates him as the fastest speedster on movie screen ... Fox Quicksilver just ranking behind Donner/Reeve

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The thing is that a lot of the Reeve/ Routh stuff seems more quantifiable.

Lifting an island or surviving a missile or faster than light travel speed for Reeve and overall movement speed speed for Routh.

Not necessarily sure which is faster or more durable though Routh and Reeve win the strength contest.
    I more or less see them as the same character.

I mean, what kind of Superman lifts a continent made of Kryptonite after getting shived by said Kryptonite.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post

Record: Returns Supes is the Reeves one. They was going to be a sequel in which Zod and conshow up. ( As in Returns timeline after Superman1 Roth went to space to find Krypton, dead. So the evil Kryptonians were not yet released in new time line, but are there.)

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    This guy calculates him as the fastest speedster on movie screen ... Fox Quicksilver just ranking behind Donner/Reeve

He made a boo boo, Reeves Supes was flying orbits around Earth that had circumferences well larger than Earth's circumference meaning his calc is actually too slow and Supes was almost certainly well beyond light speed at his peak

Amazing Member

I think in general the consensus is Routh/Rotten Superman is NON-CANON for Reeve and Donner Supes
    They are 2 SEPARATE Supermen

1Bryan Singer wanted to make 300 million CGI marlon brando continuation, fans did not really accept this verse and canon and WB themselves see the universe as non canon

2This universe was dark and did not have any of the upbeat messages of the original Superman movies, also Reeve had silver age cartoonish powers like being in 3 or 4 places at once, repair the Great Wall of China molecular vision etc. He also never displayed invulnerability to kryptonite unlike brandon routh Superman

3 The tone and mood was too dark and gritty and it financially flopped unlike the original Superman movie

4 Superman was a deadbeat dad, knocked up Lois and left the Westworld/Cyclops guy raise his kids

5 Pedophile child molesting Kevin Spacey vs Gene Hackman Lex Luthor
    Last edited by GammaRayThrill; 12-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaRayThrill View Post
    I think in general the consensus is Routh/Rotten Superman is NON-CANON for Reeve and Donner Supes
    Nah, there was enough references and the like for us to know Routh and Reeves Supermen are one in the same.

1Bryan Singer wanted to make 300 million CGI marlon brando continuation, fans did not really accept this verse and canon and WB themselves see the universe as non canon
    None of this is even true, not once was it ever stated that it isn't part of the same verse.

2This universe was dark and did not have any of the upbeat messages of the original Superman movies,
    That has nothing to do with anything? Change of tone doesn't mean different verse.

also Reeve had silver age cartoonish powers like being in 3 or 4 places at once,
    That had something to do with the fortress of solitude iirc.

repair the Great Wall of China molecular vision etc. He also never displayed invulnerability to kryptonite unlike brandon routh Superman
    All versions of Superman get stronger over time, just because he was weaker to kryptonite in the past doesn't mean he wouldn't be more resistant to it later.

3 The tone and mood was too dark and gritty and it financially flopped unlike the original Superman movie

4 Superman was a deadbeat dad, knocked up Lois and left the Westworld/Cyclops guy raise his kids

5 Pedophile child molesting Kevin Spacey vs Gene Hackman Lex Luthor
    Change of tone means nothing when it comes to continuity, nor does any of this really. Carol Danvers essentially changed from being compassionate, to becoming one of the biggest assholes in the MU. She is rude for the sake of being rude, and cold as **** in the arctic. Doesn't change the fact that she is still(unfortunately)Carol Danvers. Routh Supes being a bit different doesn't mean he isn't Reeves Supes.
    Last edited by Cody; 12-12-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

It's actually pretty warm up here right now 40°F
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan