Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    When I speak of racism, I speak of institutional racism.
    Your word choice was too vague then.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Your word choice was too vague then.
    In the post HsssH was responding, I had already referred to it as institutional and systemic forms of prejudice, so when I followed up on that I was using racism as shorthand for the comprehensive definition of racism, rather than the casual one.

I'll go edit the post so there's no confusion.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    When I speak of racism, I speak of institutional racism.
    A myth:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPXTWJhnYM

Did you actually research this, or are you just repeating what you heard without actual statistics?

There is personal racism, because some individual people can be pieces of ****. But as far as institutions, that's not true, quite the contrary. I assume you've heard of affirmative action. Research the discrimination asian students experience, for example, in order to give an advantage toother minority students, such as black.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/u...americans.html
    Last edited by GodofBoredom; 11-22-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ed Benes would draw Granny Goodness smoking hot on par with Wonder Woman.

Lol! Very true.

I don't think its an insult but more of an oversight similar to Zootopia or the X-men. Those properties do say something about prejudice but it misses the mark due to the metaphor not always working or craft issues or trends etc. So if you are of the mind that Superman could still say something relevant about xenophobia than its worth putting that out there and telling that story.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't think its an insult but more of an oversight similar to Zootopia or the X-men. Those properties do say something about prejudice but it misses the mark due to the metaphor not always working or craft issues or trends etc. So if you are of the mind that Superman could still say something relevant about xenophobia than its worth putting that out there and telling that story.
    Well one thing people attempting morality plays often mess up on is forgetting the adage "when everyone is special no one is." part of where it fell flat on Zootopia is that you have an entire zoo worth of differences in characters. It makes it so that to have groups they already have to be rather broadly accepting to start with.