All-New Member

Default Some questions about current Aquaman continuity and Atlanteans

So, I ve been reading Aquaman rebirth and I REALLY like it.

This said I got some questions about the origins of his powers and... well, his powers:

How much faster stronger and more durable than the average atlantean is he and why? In theory being half human would make him less of those things, although granted he can be in land indefinetely (I assume atlanteans cant, right?)

Also... nope, I think thats all, but I would love it if some references are given. I am just really curious, cause we got an idea of how super he is to a human, but I wonder how super he is to an atlantean, is he just like a really really trained atlantean? as if, like if he was atlantean "batman" level of peak performance, or is he meta human level strong fast and durable for ATLANTEAN standards?

I think Aquaman is generally regarded as a Metahuman among normal Atlanteans, so he's stronger, more durable, and faster in water then most normal Atlanteans or baseline humans, on-top of his telepathy which no one else has.

All-New Member

I think so too, but I havent seen anything specific as I d like . As far as I ve read (which ISNT a lot, but is at least most of whats been launched on his specific title since rebirth) it could be he is to the regular atlantean what batman is to the regular human in terms of athleticism. But I *really* dont know.

I would really like to know how he compares to regular atlanteans in current continuity.

Also I saw some wiki saying atlanteans in general have telepahty but only among themselves and not with animals or something the like. I dont know if that was some previous continuity or what

All-New Member

I would like to know this too, and also how come Aqualad/Tempest has eye lasers? I don't understand Atlantean powers...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I've been reading Aquaman since N52 and its mindboggling that I just accepted and never questioned him because he's a superhero. Wow. That's dumb!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder Wolfe View Post
    I would like to know this too, and also how come Aqualad/Tempest has eye lasers? I don't understand Atlantean powers...
    I think that has to do with his training in the mystic arts. He was a student of magic before he left Atlantis.

Amazing Member

If you’re looking for a few more books cheap comiXology is having a huge DC Black Friday sale that started today with some Aquaman titles included

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    So, I ve been reading Aquaman rebirth and I REALLY like it.

This said I got some questions about the origins of his powers and... well, his powers:

How much faster stronger and more durable than the average atlantean is he and why? In theory being half human would make him less of those things, although granted he can be in land indefinetely (I assume atlanteans cant, right?)

Also... nope, I think thats all, but I would love it if some references are given. I am just really curious, cause we got an idea of how super he is to a human, but I wonder how super he is to an atlantean, is he just like a really really trained atlantean? as if, like if he was atlantean "batman" level of peak performance, or is he meta human level strong fast and durable for ATLANTEAN standards?
    Well, he's definitely much faster and stronger. In Johns run, he had other Atlanteans wonder how he was able to move so fast. Also, Scavenger was explaining to Aquaman that he was as different to Atlanteans as they were to humans. So, Johns was setting up a bit of a mystery why he was so different than the normal atlanteans.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    Well, he's definitely much faster and stronger. In Johns run, he had other Atlanteans wonder how he was able to move so fast. Also, Scavenger was explaining to Aquaman that he was as different to Atlanteans as they were to humans. So, Johns was setting up a bit of a mystery why he was so different than the normal atlanteans.
    You remember which comic had that? thatīd be awesome to check. I wish they retook the solving of this mystery.

All-New Member

Useful stuff, I just wished the one of him being stronger than general atlanteans showed something Batman couldnt do with regular humans around him. :s

BANNED

Useful stuff, I just wished the one of him being stronger than general atlanteans showed something Batman couldnt do with regular humans around him. :s
    Well he has feats that put him way past several Atlanteans combined. Batman at most has the strength of 2 or 3 men I'd say. Whereas Aquaman I don't think a hundred Atlanteans would equate to him lifting a city block or pushing a section of the trench down.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Well he has feats that put him way past several Atlanteans combined. Batman at most has the strength of 2 or 3 men I'd say. Whereas Aquaman I don't think a hundred Atlanteans would equate to him lifting a city block or pushing a section of the trench down.
    The thing is I have no idea how strong atlanteans in general are. I mean, all of em still move in extreme depths, so they are still insanely strong and durable, right?

I am not saying he isnt, I am just saying I wish I coulf have *any* idea of the difference in strength between em. I just dont know how or where, and I do find it kinda strange this isnt reflected somewhere.
    Last edited by Bobman; 11-24-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: typos

Spectacular Member

You remember which comic had that? thatīd be awesome to check. I wish they retook the solving of this mystery.
    Sorry took so long to get back to you, but the issue was Aquaman 21 from the New 52...

Aquaman speeds off...

Atlantean soldier1: How can he move so fast?
    Atlantean soldier2: He's not like us
    Tula: No. he's not.

Later in same issue...
    Aquaman: You cut open an Atlantean and stitched them back up, why?
    Scavenger: I'm full of curiosity. I wanted to see how different they are compared to us. And maybe you already know this, but they're as different under that skin from you as they are from me.

So, Aquaman is something more, but the why is still a mystery.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 11-25-2017 at 11:33 PM.