Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

TBH i would LOVE a Flashpoint movie, the cartoon was awesomely dark but hopeful. Hving said that i don't want a Flashpoint rebooting the DCEU right now. I would rather see Grodd, and Captain Boomerang.

Mighty Member

I am thinking someone like a young John Wesley Shipp. He was perfect as Barry Allen/Flash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The trick would have been to find a Flash storyline that would be interesting enough but not used yet on the TV show on the CW. Maybe something involving Grodd (the new Planet of the Apes trilogy has perfected simian motion capture CGI to an artform). Flashpoint is the only really well-known Flash storyline as far as I'm aware. Maybe it should have been saved if the DCEU had reached a Phase 2 conclusion and used the reboot button to fix up continuity problems or adjust the universe for future plans. Out of character works best when there's a in-character to compare it to, and doing an out of character storyline so soon doesn't really help. Plus, will Henry Cavill slim down for Project Superman? At least Aquaman will have good reason for being a douche.
    On the other hand, from a character perspective, a young inexperienced Barry Allen impulsively making the decision to f#ck the timeline and create Flashpoint actually makes perfect sense - even more so than a veteran Barry Allen doing that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    On the other hand, from a character perspective, a young inexperienced Barry Allen impulsively making the decision to f#ck the timeline and create Flashpoint actually makes perfect sense - even more so than a veteran Barry Allen doing that.
    True. Justice League was his first experience of combat, and it'd be more believable him wanting him mother more as a rookie than as a veteran (he's obsessed with solving her murder at this point). I wouldn't mind if the Flashpoint wound up being some interaction between Barry and Thawne as they both exit the speed force, rather than just Barry changing history and causing a ripple effect to everyone else. Even Barry pushing Thawne out of the way at a crucial moment could shatter the timeline into its Flashpoint condition. Maybe even an accident to show Barry just how powerful he really is.

Oh yes, he tries pushing his limits, goes into the timestream and panicking, thinks of his mother which draws him to the day she was murdered. Unlike the comic and the animated film he doesn't know any better, or indeed know of his time travel ability. The whole thing is a wake-up call for him to mature as a character.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 11-21-2017 at 11:39 PM.

I would start in WW2 with the JSA.

You recast everybody.

You have your Batman movie being in the 40s, that would rock all kind of ass. (would case Jon Hamm) It feels like characters like these are meant for this time period.

You do a Superman movie called "Man of Tommorow" also set in the 40s based on the best Superman story I've ever read, a novel called "This is Superman!"

Then in the JSA movie, you have an invasion from space from (often silly menace) Starro and CIA agent Alan Scott(Aaron Eckhart) wants to put a team together and he finds Batman and Superman and WW. The movie would be similar to the comics "Golden Age" and "New Frontier" where you find the secrets of the DCU and all the aliens that have come in contact with Earth. Alan Scott could also start the other teams like the Losers and the Challengers of the Unknown and Task Force X/Suicide Squad. Then in the middle of the movie, Scott finds a special lantern, becomes the first Green Lantern of Earth.

You transform a silly concept like Starro and made him serious and dangerous like it affects the psyche of everyone on Earth. Bad people becomes a little more bad and crazier, etc...

And then if you want to go forward in time and eras for other movies down the line, you could by having these characters pass the torch to others (like from Scott to Hal Jordan) or you could do like John Byrne did with DC Generations where have Bruce Wayne take Ras Al Gul on his offer, take his place and use the pitts to become immortal. Superman goes into the Phantom Zone to reappear later, etc...

This way you could little by little use all the characters and versions of characters of every eras. You start with the JSA then you jump into the 50s with the JLA, then the Teen Titans, then the Titans could become the new JLA, etc...But tell it in a realistic manner like James Robinson's Golden Age. Like give a reason why the JSA went away and why it needed to have a JLA, etc...

Get rid of Joker’s forehead tattoo. That’s basically it.

I'm not a Flashpoint expert but is it a story a non comic person would get?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    I'm not a Flashpoint expert but is it a story a non comic person would get?
    Easily explained, sure. The concept of Time travel and resetting the time line was the storyline for Back to the Future 2. Which is considered the worst of that trilogy.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Most people seem to be expecting Flashpoint to be a way to recast Batman, and possibly other characters. Others are hoping it wipes out the DCEU movies they don't like (mostly Suicide Squad and BvS, and now by the looks of it, JL).

What are you expecting as the outcome of Flashpoint?

Personally, I'm hoping for a 'soft reboot' of sorts. One that acknowledges that the major events of the previous movies still occurred (the Kryptonian invasion, Superman dying at Doomsday's hands and then returning to life, the Justice League being formed etc.) while allowing for recastings as well as changes in characterization, where warranted.

One of the things they should do, if Batman is being recast with a younger actor, is to de-age him somewhat. A Batman who is older and more experienced than Superman isn't a bad idea, but Ben Affleck's Batman who's a 20 year veteran at a time when other heroes are just emerging is perhaps taking it a little far.
    Having already introduced Flashpoint/SpeedForce/Time Travel far too early in the TV series only to lay clumsy ground work for the Crisis wrap up possibly in Season 5, I say let's move on to something new and different. First of all remove Johns from any oversight or involvement in the project and go with a major Grodd story line or even better a major new Rogues story. Even better chuck all the previous baggage and come up with something brand new! It can be done folks! We don't have to sit through storylines based on moldy old comics from 75 years ago.

I think it's ridiculous that they want the first Flash movie out of the gate to be Flashpoint. That should be a second or third movie, and it would be the perfect way to recast various actors whose contracts are up/wants out.

Think Flashpoint is more of Flash is the reason all of this happened...