Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Pages came apart in sections from the binding. I’m sure I’m overthinking it. I’ll follow the advice given on breaking them in. Thanks for all the suggestions! This place is a wealth of knowledge.
    Sounds like you had an unfortunate first time experience. Some of the new DC omnibus editions feel excellent in regards to binding. I do have some big ones I store on their side or I use the felt trick which I read in some forum thread once.

I have the first two UXM volumes, and they were both fine
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

When I read one of the big books I'll put it on a soft pillow with a bit of a "valley" formed in the middle for the spine so that the book is supported well and doesn't fully lay flat. There's not really any issue with gutter loss in any of the books with sewn bindings so they don't have to be stretched open flat...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I have the first two UXM volumes, and they were both fine
    Nice!! I’m getting them asap.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Sounds like you had an unfortunate first time experience. Some of the new DC omnibus editions feel excellent in regards to binding. I do have some big ones I store on their side or I use the felt trick which I read in some forum thread once.
    What’s the felt trick?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    What’s the felt trick?
    I simply bought sheets of hard felt at an arts and crafts store and cut them to fit under the block of pages. One complaint on the big books is how the heavy pages will sag down a lot when storing vertically on the shelf due to the weight potentially long term causing damage. The felt keeps this from happening. I only do this for books like green lantern etc. And the large books do tend to really sag down. Its cheap and easy.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 11-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I simply bought sheets of hard felt at an arts and crafts store and cut them to fit under the block of pages. One complaint on the big books is how the heavy pages will sag down a lot when storing vertically on the shelf due to the weight potentially long term causing damage. The felt keeps this from happening. I only do this for books like green lantern etc. And the large books do tend to really sag down. Its cheap and easy.
    Took me a minute to visualize what you meant. Very neat tip. I’ll try it out when I get my UCXM omnis. Thanks!