Page 150 of 191 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    How's that smoke/ashes?
    It's great! I had been on Alex De Campi's kickstarter project when she was trying to put together funding for Ashes. I had enjoyed Smoke so signed up. The hardcover she was planning to issue sounded great, but then Dark Horse came in and offered to publish it, so instead everyone on the kickstarter got a numbered slipcase version. The binding is nice and tight, and it just feels lovely and solid in your hands.
    The stories are good, and actually I'd like to revisit them now that you've made me remember it!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    This section starts with more Marvel UK stuff then moves on to one of my obsessions. I decided a while ago (don't ask - I don't know why) that I was going to collect the whole of the Marvel Graphic Novel line. These were European-sized GNs, nearly always original material.

The whole list is here:
    http://www.boomvavavoom.com/gnlist.html

and here:

http://comicsbulletin.com/definitive...c-novels-list/

Obviously once I realised that there were DC ones too I started trying to collect them as well. It's a little harder though, as they don't seem to have had a massive UK release.

I'm still missing a couple of Moebius ones, because I'm not prepared to spend stupid money, and hunting things down for a decent price is part of the thrill. Also, those books seem to alternate between Epic printings, Titan Books, and Moebius 1/2 is by Graphitti, and Moebius 0 is by Dark Horse. I also still need to get Conan the Rogue, Conan: The Ravagers Out of Time, Wolverine: Bloody Choices and The Punisher: Return to Big Nothing.

Attachment 58475

Always good to see some Captain Britain in a collection.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    I wish!

Yeah, it's that one with occasional glossy illustrations. The edition I have is 1990!
    Didn't know about that edition. Just saw the dust jacket and it looked like the original. Yeah I was going to say "WOW!!" if it was first edition
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

The first picture is three layers deep, just more fantasy, politics, and misc books. Then on top of the wardrobe is a couple of longs and a short full of my floppies.

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I'm including my figurines and stuff too. Also, I am slowly converting my TWD from compendiums to HCs, as and when I find them for a good deal.

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Ooh - you have that Charley's War set? Are they good?

I've only got the "Book 1 and 2" TPBs that Titan did, but had fancied picking up those HCs.

I actually haven't read any of them yet, but they £4.99 each, so I grabbed them knowing that I wanted them at some point

Haha, good policy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Batman and Batfamily TPBs/HCs, Superman etc.
    Nice collection Lago! I must be the ONLY Batman HC/Trade collector that doesn't own any of the "No Man's Land" books, am I missing out? The storyline just never interested me. Nice to see you bag your books like I do...LOL! Golden age bags fit a lot of the standard trades quite well.

***duplicate post***

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post

Nice HUGE collection of books! I see you have "Batman From the 30's to the 70's" on your shelf, that book has a lot of childhood memories for me and I just recently purchased a nice copy off of eBay.