Page 60 of 191 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Nice collection!

What are the trades on top? The three that aren't the Apocalypse trades I mean.
    They look like the Road to Onslaught trades.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseLost View Post
    Great collection! I'm really curios about two books standing left from Steranko's Artist edition? What are they?
    Those would be Forces of Nature and Cosmos, a couple of hilariously oversized science books my girlfriend owns that had no home until I made the new shelf. You have no idea how disappointed I was when the Steranko Artist Edition came in and it was still smaller than that Forces of Nature book. For a brief second there I really thought I would have the biggest book in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Y

What are the two books between the humanoids books and Parker martini Ed.
    Those are more or less just some placeholders while I wait for the day that I can snag the two volumes of the Incal that I'm missing and Steranko AE vol.2. The white one is a selection of famous prints from Life Magaizine and the blue one is a visual history of the Harry Potter flicks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    They look like the Road to Onslaught trades.
    Yup! It's Messiah Complex on the top and Road to Onslaught 1 & 2 underneath.
    I'll be getting volume 3 soon. These TPB's mean so much to me because it's the period I started reading comics - between AoA and Onslaught. I was deeply confused yet couldn't wait to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Picturepeeper View Post
    Those would be Forces of Nature and Cosmos, a couple of hilariously oversized science books my girlfriend owns that had no home until I made the new shelf. You have no idea how disappointed I was when the Steranko Artist Edition came in and it was still smaller than that Forces of Nature book. For a brief second there I really thought I would have the biggest book in the house.
    Yeah, they seem unreasonably big! Well, you can always put her science books into shame by buying 23,5x19,5" "Walt and skeezix" collection.

Amazing Member

After reading comics for two years, I've recently started collecting the hardcovers and trades.
    Now that I've discovered deluxe editions and omnibusses, I have a feeling my collection might grow quite a lot in the foreseeable future.
    Just wanted to share what it started with.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    After reading comics for two years, I've recently started collecting the hardcovers and trades.
    Now that I've discovered deluxe editions and omnibusses, I have a feeling my collection might grow quite a lot in the foreseeable future.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

You have interesting storage choices with regard to those lucite(?) shelves and vertical or horizontal orientation. I've never seen those used like that but I'm not sure if I'd choose to store the books vertically resting on their spine like that. It depends on the book.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    You have interesting storage choices with regard to those lucite(?) shelves and vertical or horizontal orientation. I've never seen those used like that but I'm not sure if I'd choose to store the books vertically resting on their spine like that. It depends on the book.
    Well, actually the pictures are sideways.. Don't know how that happened.
    The books are all horizontally placed, although I can understand the confusion with these 'shelves'.

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg
    I am so confused, yet so intrigued by your clear shelf things.
    Does that rotate?
    That is so damn cool.

Can we see more pictures of those?
    I am fascinated.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Amazing Member

Yes it does rotate, I like to think of it as a different take on a spinner rack.
    IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

All-New Member

First post, but I really wanted to share:

Collection.jpg

I work at a Half Price Books, so I'm able to find a lot of cool, out of print stuff for relatively cheap. But I'm still hoping to find the Daredevil Omnibuses eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by cancalyx View Post
    First post, but I really wanted to share:

Collection.jpg

I work at a Half Price Books, so I'm able to find a lot of cool, out of print stuff for relatively cheap. But I'm still hoping to find the Daredevil Omnibuses eventually.
    Lol did Bendis give you the name tag or did you just take it?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Lol did Bendis give you the name tag or did you just take it?
    haha, I forget about that. I got to meet Bendis at a panel a few years back.

(But then I stole his name tag afterwards).
    Last edited by cancalyx; 02-09-2015 at 11:12 PM.