Page 176 of 179 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2672
  1. #2626
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    I need one of these really big Kallax... I just have 2x4s, they don't look as epic :P

  2. #2627
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Good stuff Graphic Autist.

    I'm not a collector of figurines but the GL figurine breaks the monotony of the three GL by Geoff Johns Omnibus spines.

  3. #2628
    Amazing Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Nice! We share a lot of the same books in our collections. There are a few I've missed out on that are now OOP that make your shelves look more complete than mine!

  4. #2629
    Spectacular Member T.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156

    Default



    My collection.

    About 3 months ago I set out to purge my shelf of unwanted books, and update the ones I really wanted to hardcover format. I also created a list of books I'd been meaning to buy or knew I wanted to have in my collection.

    All in all it was about $2,000 worth of sales and purchases to get my shelf looking like it does now. I'm really happy with everything on there (with a few caveats-- It's very likely a few nostalgic hangers-on like Absolute Authority Vol. 2 and Ultimate Power won't make the cut within coming months). Now I've got a limited monthly budget to ensure I'm only buying books I love, rather than buying for completeness or obligation or any other reason.

    My only paperbacks are now those on the top left shelf-- Usagi, Jack Staff, Kane, COPRA, American Born Chinese, Dogby Walks Again, Pluto, and the Super Spy Lost Dossier.

    Everything else is hardcover, including several rather rare items that took some time to track down for a decent price: Matt Kindt's Super Spy, Understanding Comics, and Zot! (Numbered edition signed by Scott McCloud). There's also ONE book on the shelf that was originally a softcover but I turned it into a hardcover using a spare outer cover from a damaged copy of LOEG: The Black Dossier. You can spot it if you look close...
    Last edited by T.D.; 06-07-2019 at 06:40 AM.

  5. #2630
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    Attachment 83140

    My collection.

    About 3 months ago I set out to purge my shelf of unwanted books, and update the ones I really wanted to hardcover format. I also created a list of books I'd been meaning to buy or knew I wanted to have in my collection.

    All in all it was about $2,000 worth of sales and purchases to get my shelf looking like it does now. I'm really happy with everything on there (with a few caveats-- It's very likely a few nostalgic hangers-on like Absolute Authority Vol. 2 and Ultimate Power won't make the cut within coming months). Now I've got a limited monthly budget to ensure I'm only buying books I love, rather than buying for completeness or obligation or any other reason.

    My only paperbacks are now those on the top left shelf-- Usagi, Jack Staff, Kane, COPRA, American Born Chinese, Dogby Walks Again, Pluto, and the Super Spy Lost Dossier.

    Everything else is hardcover, including several rather rare items that took some time to track down for a decent price: Matt Kindt's Super Spy, Understanding Comics, and Zot! (Numbered edition signed by Scott McCloud). There's also ONE book on the shelf that was originally a softcover but I turned it into a hardcover using a spare outer cover from a damaged copy of LOEG: The Black Dossier. You can spot it if you look close...
    Very nice collection. You're obviously a fan of Daredevil, Grant Morrison, Jack Kirby and the Ultimate Universe. Are those DD Bendis OHCs without their dust jackets? I can't quite make them out.

  6. #2631
    Spectacular Member T.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Very nice collection. You're obviously a fan of Daredevil, Grant Morrison, Jack Kirby and the Ultimate Universe. Are those DD Bendis OHCs without their dust jackets? I can't quite make them out.
    Yes indeed! I also have the Smith/Quesada/Mack hardcover in there as well. I just strongly dislike those dustjackets with their bland white-on-black typography (not to mention the infamous Vol. 2 spine that doesn't match), so I'm displaying them like this for now. I have intentions on designing custom dust covers; I just haven't gotten around to it yet, plus I also plan to update to the Omnis when they get reprinted next year.

  7. #2632
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    216

    Default

    It's been a while, so here's the collection as of today:

    Left.jpg
    Right.jpg
    Indie.jpg

  8. #2633
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    It's been a while, so here's the collection as of today:

    Left.jpg
    Right.jpg
    Indie.jpg


    I'm so envious of the all of those empty cubes. I'd kill for empty cubes to fill up with new stuff.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    “We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  9. #2634
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post


    I'm so envious of the all of those empty cubes. I'd kill for empty cubes to fill up with new stuff.
    Thanks - I will move to a different house in the Fall and my senior management has given approval to replace the 4x4 Kallax in the third picture with a 5x5. So I'll get some more cubes that I can fill. But after that, that's it

  10. #2635
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    It's been a while, so here's the collection as of today:

    Left.jpg
    Right.jpg
    Indie.jpg
    Very nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Thanks - I will move to a different house in the Fall and my senior management has given approval to replace the 4x4 Kallax in the third picture with a 5x5. So I'll get some more cubes that I can fill. But after that, that's it
    That's what you think now but.....

  11. #2636
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Very nice!



    That's what you think now but.....
    One victory at a time

  12. #2637
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Tell your senior management that I'm happy to remove the drugs from your house and store them in my library, should it be required...

  13. #2638
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Tell your senior management that I'm happy to remove the drugs from your house and store them in my library, should it be required...
    Hahaha, will do

  14. #2639
    Amazing Member bomaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    75

    Default

    June purchases so far, mostly older books.

    IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg

  15. #2640
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post

    My collection.

    About 3 months ago I set out to purge my shelf of unwanted books, and update the ones I really wanted to hardcover format. I also created a list of books I'd been meaning to buy or knew I wanted to have in my collection.

    All in all it was about $2,000 worth of sales and purchases to get my shelf looking like it does now. I'm really happy with everything on there (with a few caveats-- It's very likely a few nostalgic hangers-on like Absolute Authority Vol. 2 and Ultimate Power won't make the cut within coming months). Now I've got a limited monthly budget to ensure I'm only buying books I love, rather than buying for completeness or obligation or any other reason.

    My only paperbacks are now those on the top left shelf-- Usagi, Jack Staff, Kane, COPRA, American Born Chinese, Dogby Walks Again, Pluto, and the Super Spy Lost Dossier.

    Everything else is hardcover, including several rather rare items that took some time to track down for a decent price: Matt Kindt's Super Spy, Understanding Comics, and Zot! (Numbered edition signed by Scott McCloud). There's also ONE book on the shelf that was originally a softcover but I turned it into a hardcover using a spare outer cover from a damaged copy of LOEG: The Black Dossier. You can spot it if you look close...
    Is that Dark Knight Returns the Absolute edition? Never seen that one before. Also that Doom Patrol by Morrison is huge, been pondering getting that.

    Nice collection, thanks for the pics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •