Page 78 of 191 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Yeah, the Billy line will sag. Gotta go with the Kallax.
    The wider billys will sag but the thin (40cm) ones are fine, I have 13 of them and all of them have held up fine. I prefer the billy because you can adjust the shelves which helps if you have a bunch of smaller books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Cool, thanks. It says you have to anchor the shelves to a wall. Is this a necessity or are they just being safe?
    Always anchor your shelves to the wall, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Always anchor your shelves to the wall, just to be safe.
    I'm renting my flat and can't do that (or can, just don't want to pay for the freaking wall) and constantly checking my new shelves and try to arrange the heavier book towards the bottom, as much a I can. Nightmare.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Cool, thanks. It says you have to anchor the shelves to a wall. Is this a necessity or are they just being safe?
    It depends how you arrange them. I have *leans back and counts* 9 bookcases in my room and I've pretty much wedged them in so tightly, they couldn't fall forward even if I tried to force them.

But with general shelves, it's unlikely they'll fall over unless you've made them disproportionately top heavy.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've had one large Billy Bookcase for a year now and am happy with it. One shelf shows some minimal sag but the rest don't and I believe it's cause I placed heavier books closer to the walls and thinner/lighter ones in the center. I just got my second Billy two weeks ago.
    I also anchored mine to the wall, better safe than sorry. I own and don't rent though so I get those with that issue. Would suck to lose your deposit over that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Can anyone recommend some decent book ends?

I want to balance some books on top of a book case, to add additional weight to stop the threat of it falling forward, but am worried the books may tumble to the sides.

As they are omnibus volumes, they will be pretty sturdy stood on their ends, but still, a decent set of bookends would make sense and make me feel more secure
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Can anyone recommend some decent book ends?

I want to balance some books on top of a book case, to add additional weight to stop the threat of it falling forward, but am worried the books may tumble to the sides.

As they are omnibus volumes, they will be pretty sturdy stood on their ends, but still, a decent set of bookends would make sense and make me feel more secure
    If you ebay '1 Pair Heavy Duty Metal Bookends HxWxD 140x125x140mm Black' those are what I bought and I use them for trades and omnibuses. They've very sturdy and a good size. And they're pretty discreet and you could even cover them with a dust jacket or something if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Leaguer52 View Post
    I'm definitely missing the good stuff.
    Hey Reddit buddy!
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yup, that was me. I just met with my contractor and the guy doing all our kitchen cabinets and builtins. I gave him a lot of specs. But the most important were the following requirements:
    Hey. Glad too read you're being very thorough. Hope it works out well and I look forward to seeing the final product.

EDIT: Oh, and great collections being posted. I just love DickGrayson's custom binded collection. I remember when he first shared some pics of them. Some of the nicest designs you'll ever see.
    Last edited by danmar85; 05-29-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Just being safe. What I've always done with my bookcases (and I did with my Kallax) is fold a sheet of paper as small as I can make it and wedge one under each side front. It's felt pretty secure this way. I have carpet, btw, and would have to see how much it tilts back if I do it on hardwood floors.

This is late but Hey Legion!

Found this on the BDGest French comics site. These are extremely limited, barely official, home made boxset/slipcase/collected edition (professionally "home made"). Amazing craftsmanship:
    http://www.bdgest.com/galerie?IdUser...&Serie=&Ordre=
    Last edited by vark; 06-03-2015 at 03:54 AM.

All-New Member

After lurking and admiring so many great collections, i finally got myself a new shelf today and arranged it. Have to do some rearranging when my orders arrive (absolute long halloween, echo HC, colossal conan, the rest of casanova and fables...).

Started collecting april 2014 with Y the last man, being my very first comic, I'll get those absolutes coming soon.

Any advice on "books to read" or arranging them is very much appreciated. I know i'm lacking in Marvel books, tried some, but not my thing

95% of my books have been read, stuff that i don't like, i sell to buy better ones

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by BluB; 06-03-2015 at 08:06 AM.

All-New Member

And my last shelf image.jpg

you have done a pretty good job as it is. Congrats!