Page 114 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2854

Yeah nice collection Vark, I really appreciate the focus on creators. I used to organise my collection like this too...and will most likely end up going back to this as my tastes refine.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Nice collection!! I am curious why some of the Alan Moore titles appear to be "upside down". Perhaps that is how spines are in Europe, to be read bottom to top and not top to bottom?

And good job on the shelves. They look perfect.

zoom on the upper part, French patrimonial collected editions, Alann Moore and Josh Whedon sections, and Glénat Disney collection.

Attachment 34804

Attachment 34805

Attachment 34806
    So jealous of all the Franquin AEs. You even got Idees Noires, which goes for silly money right now.

And glad to see that your Asterix collection also still does not spell the name out completely. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
    Nice collection!! I am curious why some of the Alan Moore titles appear to be "upside down". Perhaps that is how spines are in Europe, to be read bottom to top and not top to bottom?
    Yep, they are. At least in France and Germany. No idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yep, they are. At least in France and Germany. No idea why.
    You are both right, French books have spines usually oriented to be read by tilting the head to the left, but it can be the other way around (Dupuis editor's books shows both orientations on my shelf for Lucky Luke and Spirou). US or UK book spines seem to be always oriented the same way. My Absolute V, storyteller, LOEG century and Watchmen Graphitti Designs were just upside down

This made me curious so I tried to find an explanation. There isn't really one that explains why France, Italy, Germany etc. have spines (mostly) labelled from bottom to top while Anglo-Saxon countries have it the other way round. But while the latter makes it easier to read spines when books lie horizontally, the former is more helpful when books are stored vertically since you can read the spine and see the cover (when pulling a book out) without having to tilt your head to the other side.

All-New Member

1460638614516.jpg

A little disorganized

Incredible Member

zoom on the upper part, French patrimonial collected editions, Alann Moore and Josh Whedon sections, and Glénat Disney collection.

Attachment 34804

Attachment 34805

Attachment 34806
    Nice collection Vark! Its nice to see another person with some Smurf books, I hope Papercutz finishes their anthology collection here in 'merica. What is in the Disney books? I really like the spine design collections.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Nice collection Vark! Its nice to see another person with some Smurf books, I hope Papercutz finishes their anthology collection here in 'merica. What is in the Disney books? I really like the spine design collections.
    From left to right we have the Don Rosa Scrooge collection (aka Picsou 6 volumes), the Donald Carl Barks collection (it will be 24 volumes), and the Mickey Gottfredson (12 volumes).

Quote Originally Posted by cancalyx View Post
    1460638614516.jpg

A little disorganized
    Nice Cancalyx! What have you framed on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    the former is more helpful when books are stored vertically since you can read the spine and see the cover (when pulling a book out) without having to tilt your head to the other side.
    Going to my local library in a few this morning, I can tell you that this makes sense!

All-New Member

Nice Cancalyx! What have you framed on the left?
    I get comic spreads framed & signed by the writers (and artists if possible). Those are Batman #0 Robin back-up by Tynion, Runaways #18 by Vaughan, YA #1 by Gillen, and DD #24 by Waid ("Try the Red One.") I also have a Defenders (Fraction), Pretty Deadly, Thor (Aaron), and FF (Hickman - 'to me, my galactus!")

Incredible Member

From left to right we have the Don Rosa Scrooge collection (aka Picsou 6 volumes), the Donald Carl Barks collection (it will be 24 volumes), and the Mickey Gottfredson (12 volumes).
    Nice. Not that the American versions are ugly, but I always like the interlocking spine art. Wow those Mickeys are for Gottfredson's newspaper strips? I think I wouls prefer that size to the horizontally sized Fantagraphics versions.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cancalyx View Post
    I get comic spreads framed & signed by the writers (and artists if possible). Those are Batman #0 Robin back-up by Tynion, Runaways #18 by Vaughan, YA #1 by Gillen, and DD #24 by Waid ("Try the Red One.") I also have a Defenders (Fraction), Pretty Deadly, Thor (Aaron), and FF (Hickman - 'to me, my galactus!")
    Oh man, that Hickman scene gives me goosebumps whenever I read it. When ever someone tells me they're reading that run, I get soo excited knowing they're (eventually) gonna get to that scene. I'm smiling just typing about it.

All-New Member

Hello! New to forums, saw some great collections and decided to share my own! I was very lucky to have an amazing father in law who built me some custom bookshelfs so I could sort DC and Marvel, may need him to build some more one day!
    IMG_0550.jpg

I have an obsession with the Absolute Editions, just got the last Transmetropolitan the other day, which makes the collection complete (for now)
    IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    Last edited by SickAdam; 04-16-2016 at 05:42 PM.