Page 186 of 191 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2854

and some other things like Megos & Micronauts...

e5ODTUh.jpg

and movies & tv....

there's lots more art I am not posting, but if anyone is interested I can post a link to a fuller pictorial tour of the room.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

That's a really great setup MRP. How long did that collection take to build up?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a really great setup MRP. How long did that collection take to build up?
    I had been collecting seriously since high school, so mid-80s. However, in 2003 I moved halfway across the country and sold off a large chunk of stuff to make the move easier (and to pay for the move and our wedding). From 2003-2007 a little bit of stuff was accumulated, but not much. From 2007-2012 I took a five year hiatus from comics in general (not the first time I took an extended break). I got back in slowly in 2012, and it picked up a little more steam as time passed, so the bulk of the stuff has been in the last 8 years, but there's some stuff from all the way back to the beginning. I am always curating the collection though, and purge stuff I no longer want, and use the funds to get stuff I do. My goal is never to have more than I can display/use/read, so getting the room finished and stuff on display helps to define the parameters more clearly, and I know how much room I have to grow, which allows me to prioritize when I am at shows, etc.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic MRP, a beautiful little slice of the world for you to retreat to!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Loved seeing it! You've got a good mix there. The Usagi Yojimbo and Del Rey Robert E. Howard stuff caught my eye.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    and some other things like Megos & Micronauts...

e5ODTUh.jpg

and movies & tv....

there's lots more art I am not posting, but if anyone is interested I can post a link to a fuller pictorial tour of the room.

-M
    Wow, very cool set up and collection. Are those original art pieces? I couldn’t quite make them out.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Wow, very cool set up and collection. Are those original art pieces? I couldn’t quite make them out.
    Not sure which you were asking about so...Conan was the mass market Conan poster from Marvel. Rise of the Black Panther was the store promo poster for the mini. The black and white Doctor Strange stuff are plates from the Michael Golden Doctor Strange Portfolio put out by SalQ Productions in 1983. The Universal Mosters stuff is done by a former studiomate, Kevin Adkins, who has done some stuff for a couple rpg companies and some self-published comics. The Karza piece was a poster sized print of his store variant cover for the IDW Micronats #1 done for Bell Book & Comics outside Dayton, Ohio available exclusively from Stuart and sold only to those who bought the store variant. Hope that answers your question.

There are some original art pieces in the room, just not in the pics you quoted...

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-27-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Not sur ewhich you were asking about so...Conan was the mass market Conan poster from Marvel. Rise of the Black Panther was the store promo poster for the mini. The black and white Doctor Strange stuff are plates from the Michael Golden Doctor Strange Portfolio put out by SalQ Productions in 1983. The Universal Mosters stuff is done by a former studiomate, Kevin Adkins, who has done some stuff for a couple rpg companies and some self-published comics. The Karza piece was a poster sized print of his store variant cover for the IDW Micronats #1 done for Bell Book & Comics outside Dayton, Ohio available exclusively from Stuart and sold only to those who bought the store variant. Hope that answers your question.

There are some original art pieces in the room, just not in the pics you quoted...

-M
    It was the black and white Strange pieces. Cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Nice collection!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

@MRP, some cool stuff there.

All-New Member

Recently had a tidy up of the partwork shelves and squared the books up to the front of the units, reckon I've got about a year of space left. Still organising a home for other stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by waaaaghlord View Post
    Recently had a tidy up of the partwork shelves and squared the books up to the front of the units, reckon I've got about a year of space left. Still organising a home for other stuff.
    Could you describe your collection a little bit. I'm not familiar with runs that have so many connected spines.

Could you describe your collection a little bit. I'm not familiar with runs that have so many connected spines.
    At least some of the books, like the DC Eaglemoss Collection to the right, are exclusive to the UK. I have a few of those myself.

Very impressive collection btw, looks great on the shelf with all those connected images!

All-New Member

Yeah, no problem. These are partworks collections published by either Hachette or Eaglemoss as fortnightly periodicals. Main units the top 2 rows are the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection that's been running since 2012, number 220 comes out this week and then we're into a further 30 book extension to what was originally going to be a 60 book run. Below that is a Deadpool set, the All Killer No Filler Collection about halfway through an 80 book run. Next row down and intruding into the DC shelves is the Marvel's Mightiest Heroes set, complete at 130 books. With those rather than having a rough chronology running through them like the larger Marvel set each book focuses on a given character or team with a main storyline and either a first appearance or pivotal early issue in the back. Next Down is Transformers, Definitive G1. Extended from 80 to 100 books and due to end at the end of the year. Misses a few things, one UK Marvel issue that must have gotten lost in the editorial shuffle, last few Dreamwave titles that have never been available for reprint given the circumstances surrounding the company's collapse and some of the IDW crossover material, New Avengers, Hearts of Steel 2 and Visionaries, but otherwise complete up to the opening arcs of the new post Unicron continuity. 2000AD collection below that, almost up to the original 80 books and with the contents of another 30 just announced. Only a handful of Dredd and some of the other strips either miss initial issues which were from Starlord rather than 2000AD or cut off an odd story arc where the page count would have been too big for one book but not enough for two or skip over some less well received middle years stuff (Friday era Rogue Trooper or the Strontium Dogs years without Johnny Alpha) but otherwise have pretty much complete runs of the longer running strips, especially the Pat Mills stuff. Extension is largely more recent and more self contained stuff, of which there's been some in the initial 80 but mainly the classics. Bottom shelf is Judge Dredd in volumes organised thematically rather than chronologically like the Case Files, stories years apart dealing with recurring characters groups or themes will be grouped together. Dredd is the only other finished run at 90 books. All those have been Hachette. DC shelves from Eaglemoss have DC collection specials on top, subscription exclusives, quarterly additional books and a handful of webstore exclusives, first 120 main books are below that. Emphasis here is Crisis through Flashpoint and like the Mightiest Heroes they have an older back up story in the back. Bottom two shelves are Legend of Batman, similar set up with the specials but here the main books run more or less chronologically and go into the New 52 runs of Batman, Detective and Batman and Robin. Both DC and Batman have about a year left to run with currently announced numbers. No room for them on these shelves but there's also an Eaglemoss Star Trek collection upstairs, I'm currently at about 100 books there, given that they are generally a lower page count than other sets common thinking is that if they manage to collect everything available they'll top out at around 160 books. The Star Trek recently went weekly rather than fortnightly, possibly a combination of a drop off in sales and a limit to how long they'll have the license for.

Worth noting that everything is in hardbacks with sewn binding. With all the regular books at around £10 UK, Eaglemoss prices trending up a touch over the course of the runs and specials with a higher page count about twice the cost, these work out surprisingly cheap for well built books.
    Last edited by waaaaghlord; 06-07-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Thank you for the breakdown, it really puts in perspective how big that collection truely is. It looks great.