Page 33 of 191 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Got my books out of storage and onto the Kallax. Still in weird groupings, but happy to have them out of boxes.

Is that two copies of Uncanny X-Force and Secret Warriors? lol

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Is that two copies of Uncanny X-Force and Secret Warriors? lol
    And 2 Fear Agent vol 1 LE
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    And 2 Fear Agent vol 1 LE
    It's so damn good, you need two of them!

Amazing Member

@sebelo2 , Bienvenido!! It's nice to have another Spanish guy around here. Your collection is......awesome, impressive,spectacular....congratulations!!

@deltasun Definitely I like the way Omnibus, Absolutes and other oversized editions fits in these Ikea shelves,and of course.....much more better than in boxes!!!

Bienhallado Ru1880. And thanks, it's cost me money, time, sweat...and the occasional discussion with my wife :P

I have had my kallax shelf for a month now and noticed it is about twice as deep as an omnibus. How do you guys space out your books from the back?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I have had my kallax shelf for a month now and noticed it is about twice as deep as an omnibus. How do you guys space out your books from the back?
    I pull them out so that the spines all line up.
    I read that you should leave some space between the book and the wall so that the air circulates and they don't get mouldy.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I pull them out so that the spines all line up.
    I read that you should leave some space between the book and the wall so that the air circulates and they don't get mouldy.
    Do you use a placeholder to keep the equidistant?

Edit: also is there something I could use as a placeholder to keep the books up when I don't have enough for a while shelf?
    Last edited by Legion564; 11-20-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

You mean a bookend?

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    You mean a bookend?
    Yeah that lol. Also I wanted something to put in the back so is there a back bookend? Since we're supposed to give them room from the back of the shelf.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Some late Torpedo's original French albums published in the late eighties by Glénat in its Comics USA line (yes, don't tell me ..) have been colorized (by Evelyne Tranié, and her work is quite good in my opinion). Here are some pictures of the "Complete" Torpedo in one 690 pages volume, and volume 7 of the original collection.
    Attachment 13217

Attachment 13218

Attachment 13219
    Looked into it, and ordered it from Amazon DE for 28€, it just arrived and what a bargain at that price! The book itself looks very good, can't wait to start reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Yeah that lol. Also I wanted something to put in the back so is there a back bookend? Since we're supposed to give them room from the back of the shelf.
    I would imagine you just find a placement you want for your books and line them all up level to that. Unless you plan to try two rows and need to be more precise with placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Looked into it, and ordered it from Amazon DE for 28€, it just arrived and what a bargain at that price! The book itself looks very good, can't wait to start reading!
    Yes, same publisher's price in France, that's why I couldn't pass on it also!

Fantastic Member

Very nice deltasun

My collection is EVERYWHERE because I am reading a bit from a lot of my books right now.

I have a book case in my living room that was moved from our office, and I haven't gotten a chance to really organize everything.
    My singles are in long boxes, and the series I'm currently reading from are pulled and placed on shelves so that I have easy access to them. From the shelves that my current singles reads are on, I pull about 4 issues from those series, and transfer them to my night stand next to my bed, so I can read them. So, I have a pile of TPBs, GNs, and singles on top on my night stand.
    It sounds sloppy, but I know where everything is.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."