Page 173 of 191 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2854
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Enigma, Foxy, thanks for sharing. Nice looking collections.
    Thank you

It's getting time for a new book shelf.
    I have no idea why they are sideways!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 02-16-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It's getting time for a new book shelf.
    I have no idea why they are sideways!
    love the spinner rack!

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Almost a year after my last collection update here is the current, streamlined one!
    Went on a huge sales binge, took off everything from the shelves that "didn't spark joy" (yupp, that's right) or made me wonder "why do I have 6 volumes of this thing, but I still don't have Transmetropolitan or Unwritten"?
    I still have multiple bags of figures and a huge pile of books in the bedroom that needs to be sold or donated. Reevaluated my life a bit, put all the fun stuff in the living room, organised it the way I wanted it, have plenty more space for new stuff and only buying books I can take off from the shelf any day and enjoy it from cover to cover (I will probably sell more later but for now this felt just about right).

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Almost a year after my last collection update here is the current, streamlined one!
    Looks great!

Question from a fellow musician (electric guitar): do you have the feeling that the book shelves help to reduce the volume level heard outside the room? I will hopefully move into a different house where my guitar setup and my books will be in the same room and was wondering about this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    If your entire collection is all killer no filler and it's still as nice as that, that's a really cool set up. The display and guitars look great.
    thanks! the only filler stuff should be the books I haven't read yet but I kept them because I know the writer or the premise just seems like my cuppa.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Looks great!

Question from a fellow musician (electric guitar): do you have the feeling that the book shelves help to reduce the volume level heard outside the room? I will hopefully move into a different house where my guitar setup and my books will be in the same room and was wondering about this.

Thanks
    never thought about that, probably they help a little, but I mostly practice with a Vox Amplug which is very convenient (more so than plugging headphones into a practice amp) so I don't really bother the neighbours.
    But you can always use egg cartons if you are worried. If you put them on the wall behind the shelves they won't be even noticeable and ugly .

Looks delicious
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Nice, Balakin!!

Very nice! Well done.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    never thought about that, probably they help a little, but I mostly practice with a Vox Amplug which is very convenient (more so than plugging headphones into a practice amp) so I don't really bother the neighbours.
    But you can always use egg cartons if you are worried. If you put them on the wall behind the shelves they won't be even noticeable and ugly .
    Good idea!

thanks guys!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Very nice layout Balakin. I respect the cutting down. I may need to do this at some point

Beautiful set up, Balakin.

And I like the Music Man and Fender Precision-type bass guitars. Luckily you play four-strings, otherwise I‘d worry about especially the statues and figurines falling off the shelves
    Last edited by LordJulius; 02-19-2019 at 12:16 PM.