Page 97 of 191 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2854

Essex County is one of the best comics ever, althought I'm reading Electra omni right now and Miller just killed it. For this moment I think it's the best thing which has come out from Marvel, even better than Ennis ' Punisher. Yes, even that. Maybe even the best graphic novel I've read....

Donno, Essex county was definitely good but not as good as I expected to be. Maybe because of the art.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Essex County is one of the best comics ever, althought I'm reading Electra omni right now and Miller just killed it. For this moment I think it's the best thing which has come out from Marvel, even better than Ennis ' Punisher. Yes, even that. Maybe even the best graphic novel I've read....
    o_O Hyperbole much? lol
    Last edited by awayne83; 10-02-2015 at 06:02 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'm a huge Miller fan and LOVED his Daredevil stuff but I just couldn't get through his Elektra stuff. I don't know why exactly but it just bored me.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    o_O Hyperbole much? lol
    Sorry, I know I do it too often.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm a huge Miller fan and LOVED his Daredevil stuff but I just couldn't get through his Elektra stuff. I don't know why exactly but it just bored me.
    I find it difficult to understand: art is fantastic, amazing and astonishing and story itself is just great but it might be me: I dig complicated stuff with many narrations, points of view, when story jumps from one character to another and reader should use brain more often than while reading 'normal' superhero stuff. Loved all those voices talking to each other on the same page, Garret's stream of conciousness, Electra's in his head, then Beast's influence. Of course it's built on cliches: president is Nixon-like figure with red button for nukes, Wind is pretty much Kennedy in disguise but again best stories are built on cliches, nothing wrong with that.

Maybe ending is rushed a bit, I would like to read one more chapter but yeah, it's great. Best comics I've read. Here, I said it. Can't imagine people's reaction when it was published back in 80's, for me is so fresh and different from what we usually get from Marvel, when I was reading I felt I had contact with something big, with true art, with somebody's vision... I know, it's lot of crap and only opinion but though I might share it with you guys. Buy this book when it gets reprint. It's better than Punisher Max and I've praised Ennis run for long time.

Mighty Member

Sorry, I know I do it too often.
    Just poking fun at you While I've never read the stuff myself (not a huge fun of older material) I'm always glad to hear when someone comes across something special that really resonates with them. I think coming across those kind of stories is what keeps us all going in this hobby, honestly.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    i see a bunch of you have Essex County in your collections. i read today that a nice new hardcover is on the way (relevant to this thread)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/...tion-december/

ive never read it but i think i want that edition for my collection. can you tell me if you think ill like it?

i LOVE sweet tooth.

i *like* trillium, underwater welder, green arrow, futures end.

i didnt care for animal man, frankenstein\shade, justice league dark\united, constantine, teen titans earth one.

thanks in advance
    Essex County is a masterpiece. Buy it and enjoy what comics can truly achieve.

And yeah...Born Again cannot be heaped with enough praise. Ever. Probably greatest superhero story of all time IMO and I think Elektra is close to it so I think your opinion is awesome!
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 10-03-2015 at 05:14 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Ok here we go, an update pic of my collection.

I have some other X-Men OHCs, X-Men trades and Cosmic trades but they're being borrowed atm.

And lastly my Inhumans xD

Sorry for all the posts. damn 3 pic limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post

Oh. My. God. This is unbelievable.