Page 183 of 191 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Buffy is awesome. I've seen every episode about 5 times, read the books over and over. Whedon is brilliant.
    I have most of the library editions but I am missing some and now they are impossible to get.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Doing well, thank you sir! Looks like you are doing good yourself.
    That's good. Yep, everything is great here. How long has it been since you moved? I forget.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    I have most of the library editions but I am missing some and now they are impossible to get.
    That last tpb that DH put out is OOP and really hard to find. I'm glad I bought it when it came out. It's selling for almost $100. Or was. Had I known it was going to skyrocket in value, I would have bought 5 of them. Lol!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Hey, Whovian. That collection of yours is fantastic.

Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm both hugely impressed and slightly jealous . Keep up the good work.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Hey, Whovian. That collection of yours is fantastic.

Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm both hugely impressed and slightly jealous . Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Willie, I appreciate it

Spectacular Member

07B33ECF-AA49-44CA-A952-37374A2F36B3.jpg

Here is a picture of a decent chunk of my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    07B33ECF-AA49-44CA-A952-37374A2F36B3.jpg

Here is a picture of a decent chunk of my collection
    Love the built in book shelves. Any chance of up close pics of your books?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

@The Whovian, Impressive collection in particular Batman and I see you're a big fan of our Man Without Fear. No Marvel Knights Omnibus?

@Nab432, looks like a great collection. Any close-up pics

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    @The Whovian, Impressive collection in particular Batman and I see you're a big fan of our Man Without Fear. No Marvel Knights Omnibus?
    Thanks Raffi. Yeah, I'm a huge DD fan. I don't have that book yet because I have the singles and I don't love the run as much as I do the regular DD stuff. I've debated on whether or not to get it. Maybe someday.

Having had a request to post some pictures of my own shelves, here they are:

Somewhere earlier in this thread are my shelves from the peak of my collection, before I sold most of it and moved overseas. I’m now down to one 5X5 kallax which holds what comics I and my wife kept, along with books, DVDs, CDs, records, etc. Comic-wise the stuff I held onto were books that had sentimental value, were big favorites (Rucka and Fraction’s stuff in particular, Love & Rockets), or binds that contained material that is uncollected and difficult to track down (Ostrander’s Spectre, O’Neil’s Question).

Here are some close-ups of the comics:

Hey Grayson, love your books and the layout. I see some sweet custom binds there.

Love it! I can't quite make it out, especially as I'm in need of a new prescription for my glasses What are two WW books? One looks like Jimenez, but it doesn't look like the Jimenez omnibus that I have.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey Grayson, love your books and the layout. I see some sweet custom binds there.
    Thank you sir! And yep, it’s about half and half.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Love it! I can't quite make it out, especially as I'm in need of a new prescription for my glasses What are two WW books? One looks like Jimenez, but it doesn't look like the Jimenez omnibus that I have.
    There are actually four Wonder Woman hardcovers, all custom binds done before DC (shockingly) released official versions of half of them: one each by Jimenez and Simone, and two volumes of Rucka’s (first) run. All four are signed by the writers as well, which was part of why I held onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Thank you sir! And yep, it’s about half and half.

There are actually four Wonder Woman hardcovers, all custom binds done before DC (shockingly) released official versions of half of them: one each by Jimenez and Simone, and two volumes of Rucka’s (first) run. All four are signed by the writers as well, which was part of why I held onto them.
    Ah, it hurts inside. I loved Simone's run, no contents in the omnibus though which was annoying, I also like having that.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”