Page 24 of 191 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Dark Horse have 2 oversized HCs of Blacksad available, in English. Very nice books. Looks about the same size as that slipcase set.
    That slipcase is absolute sized so it's quite a bit larger than the Dark horse editions

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    That slipcase is absolute sized so it's quite a bit larger than the Dark horse editions
    Yes it is That said though the Dark Horse books are very nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Ok, thanks, heard good words about it, will add to my wishlist on Amazon. It's 200 item long now.....
    Better move it to the top. Comics don't get a lot better than Blacksad!

Well, here we go, a small collection from A! I started collecting about 2 years ago, after lurking around for a year or so, you guys inspired me a lot (thanks for that). I took a 6 month break in between due to financial situations. It's a very small collection (especially comparing to you guys), but it's growing slowly but steady! As you can probably notice I am a huge Batman fan, haha. I intend to finish my personal bat-wish-list before I continue to explore Marvel.

I am still in the midst of collecting the absolute classics. Currently reading and collecting Grant Morrisons Batman run. Other than that, I am a huge Amalgam fan, although the stories aren't of the best quality, I just love the whole idea behind them. Sames goes for all the JLA/Avengers crossovers. I have most of them collected in singles. As for Marvel, the only noteworthy things are the OOP Dark Phoenix Saga and the oversized HC Civil War.

foto milio 986.jpg foto milio 987.jpg
    Last edited by Batmil; 08-31-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

Ah we all had to start some where . . Some times wish I had stopped where you are at now . Just past the 5500 mark in comics . Might have to start clearing out old for new . But crap the hunt is always fun . Maybe stop at 6000 .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Ah we all had to start some where . . Some times wish I had stopped where you are at now . Just past the 5500 mark in comics . Might have to start clearing out old for new . But crap the hunt is always fun . Maybe stop at 6000 .
    Ha, I was thinking the same as you the other day John, I don't collect singles but if you add up the issues I have in trades etc it totals right around 5-6 thousand, I told myself hitting the 10,000 mark will make a good collection and I can totally cool it off and enjoy actually reading some of it. But it didn't take long before I was thinking yeah but if I keep going in ten years I could have 50,000 and have a really GREAT collection lol.

Seriously it would be interesting to see what I could fit into this small flat, I guesstimated that I could probably max out at around 25k total before I run out of places to put new shelves, that's if I ditch the 800 strong (already down from 2000) novel collection. So that figure has to last me the rest of my collecting life as my back can't take moving all these books to a new place.

But I think Batmil is a more discerning collector than either of us, if he's managed to keep his collection to books he really wants and will enjoy he's doing better than I am. I think I must have a hundred trades/ohc that I look at and think just why on earth did I buy that?.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Ha, I was thinking the same as you the other day John, I don't collect singles but if you add up the issues I have in trades etc it totals right around 5-6 thousand, I told myself hitting the 10,000 mark will make a good collection and I can totally cool it off and enjoy actually reading some of it. But it didn't take long before I was thinking yeah but if I keep going in ten years I could have 50,000 and have a really GREAT collection lol.

Seriously it would be interesting to see what I could fit into this small flat, I guesstimated that I could probably max out at around 25k total before I run out of places to put new shelves, that's if I ditch the 800 strong (already down from 2000) novel collection. So that figure has to last me the rest of my collecting life as my back can't take moving all these books to a new place.

But I think Batmil is a more discerning collector than either of us, if he's managed to keep his collection to books he really wants and will enjoy he's doing better than I am. I think I must have a hundred trades/ohc that I look at and think just why on earth did I buy that?.
    Haha, I guess that's easy to do when starting out. I also have some random trades that I bought because I saw that people here liked em and considered them classics while I myself didn't find them so great. I just love to see my collection grow, also, as weird as it may sound, but organising (for example bagging and boarding singles and stuff) my comics is a really relaxing activity.

I am jealous of your big collection though! Just walking around and randomly picking something to read seems so awesome. I know all my comics inside out, I'd like to get to the point where my collection suprises me.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

[/URL]
    What is that edition of Fatale? HC?

Fantastic Member

Ok, seems it's my turn being new here and all. I'm really proud about Library Sets of Sin City, cost me lots of money though. Wanna get Punisher Max vol. 4, but price is ridicolous, at least 200 quid! As you can see I don't have that much, but really got that bug now and think I'd move on from games -used to be my big hobby for years - to comics. Just need some money.

You can find some polish comics in my collection - I'm from Poland but live in London - and would recommend Thorgal, comic of my childhood. Szninkiel is good too. If there are people from Poland here - or polish speaking - please message me. Ok, it's show don't tell thread and I keep writing...

Hey that Guido Crepax dude looks pretty cool. Can you tell me anything about him? What are my prospects for getting something by him in English?

That Crepax book is also available in English, but it went out of print a while ago. There is also a companion volume containing "Bianca" & "Venus in Furs".

Crepax is awesome, but he definitely isn't for everybody

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Hey that Guido Crepax dude looks pretty cool. Can you tell me anything about him? What are my prospects for getting something by him in English?

Yes, as @aaltomuoto said, it's not for everybody. It's B&W, hardcover, very different style from what you usually see. Lots o sex, nudity, depravity, adult content, brutality but that's not suprise when you think about original stories this book was based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    What is that edition of Fatale? HC?
    It is first volume HC, no word about second one. Very easy to find.

Fantastic Member

Hello guys, what do you do for defending your comic books from sunlight? I live in a small flat so my shells are standing straight opposite window. It's like 6 meters from window to the books. Of course, my curtains are closed during the morning and most part of day, but anyway... Maybe there are some protective transparent covers for HCs? Thanks for your advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Hello guys, what do you do for defending your comic books from sunlight? I live in a small flat so my shells are standing straight opposite window. It's like 6 meters from window to the books. Of course, my curtains are closed during the morning and most part of day, but anyway... Maybe there are some protective transparent covers for HCs? Thanks for your advices.
    UV resistant nets, hanging inside the window frame. They obscure the view, so people can't see in your windows but if you have a nice view from your window you will lose it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    UV resistant nets, hanging inside the window frame. They obscure the view, so people can't see in your windows but if you have a nice view from your window you will lose it.
    Thanks for the option! But I have a nice view from 17th floor (

p.s. just googled about that kind of windows frames - that looks OK for me. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Roland1580; 09-07-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Sideshow Superman arrived today amazing they do such good work.

image (26).jpg