Page 112 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2854
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post

Love me some Hellboy!! Awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

WOW! I've always wanted to get that Planet Hulk statue. Wish I had more $$$
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Love the apocalypse statue! And while the books like that would also drive me crazy, I like it's uniqueness from others, which all tend to have the same look.

My wife strongly implied for me to sell my statues, as I am "an adult now."

It's even more confusing as she bought me a number of them...

All-New Member

Thanks all the kind words! In addition to collecting statues and comics, I also have a massive blu ray library and just started getting into the world of vinyl. Thankfully I have the space to support these hobbies, would like to get nicer displays like pedestals for some pieces eventually as you can tell some of them are sitting atop their brown shipping boxes.

Anyways, my favorite piece would be the custom Magneto. Why Sideshow hasn't produced a 1/4 scale Magneto boggles my mind, he is easily my favorite Marvel character.

Thanks all the kind words! In addition to collecting statues and comics, I also have a massive blu ray library and just started getting into the world of vinyl. Thankfully I have the space to support these hobbies, would like to get nicer displays like pedestals for some pieces eventually as you can tell some of them are sitting atop their brown shipping boxes.

Anyways, my favorite piece would be the custom Magneto. Why Sideshow hasn't produced a 1/4 scale Magneto boggles my mind, he is easily my favorite Marvel character.
    Awesome collection. Do you have multiple copies of Big Damn Sin City or were the pictures you posted taken at different times when the book was in a different area of your shelf?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TGW View Post
    Awesome collection. Do you have multiple copies of Big Damn Sin City or were the pictures you posted taken at different times when the book was in a different area of your shelf?
    I actually do have two copies. One copy came with a scratch on the back cover so I bought a replacement from a different retailer. Didn't bother to return the first copy though, as I know it's a book I'll re-read, and could always give/sell to a friend.

I actually do have two copies. One copy came with a scratch on the back cover so I bought a replacement from a different retailer. Didn't bother to return the first copy though, as I know it's a book I'll re-read, and could always give/sell to a friend.
    Yeah it's an awesome omnibus and was priced cheap too, so it can't hurt to have two.

Off topic, but what are your thoughts on 4k Blu Ray? I have the launch samsung player, but it's junk compared to my Oppo. It also doesn't help that all the launch titles are garbage, and there is no way I am upgrading 1200+ titles.

MrStayPuft that is by far one of the most impressive collections I've seen! I also like your approach of placing your books in chronological order. Having all the omnibus together certainly looks nice, but I think I will give this a go too since it's probably the most pragmatic approach. Another interesting way of sorting books is by author or artist. Obviously this wouldn't apply to all books, but for the bigger writers/artists, like say Alan Moore for example..it looks pretty nice having all their stuff grouped together.

One hell of a collection there, MrStayPuft. So glad I'm only into comics. I've been tempted by statues and especially by LEGOs (Why did they have to start their LEGO Ideas line?), but so far I've been able to resist.

That gun is a piece of art.

BANNED

wow.... wow wow wow... MrStayPuft, you have an amazing collection... i'm especialy jealous of all the image stuff you have. Just amazing... I really want to get in to some of those image books but Batman mostly drains my budget. and statues... just wow... you must have spent a fortune on them. I have a bunch of sideshows myself... but i quitted callecting statue, too expensive.

All-New Member

Very nice collection there bro and your statues collection is awesome. I'm planning on getting just a couple statues in the near future than call it quits so I can still buy books. lol

Wow just wow collection/room you got there. As to 4k I believe as we get closer to end of year which is when discs will be rolling out regular. Most launch players aren't the best from now on moving forward you"ll see samsung and everybody else release better versions with all kinks worked out. If I remember correctly it didn't take to long to get nice blue ray player with decent price compared to big bulky expensive launch ones. Anyways love collection please post updates if you can thanks.