Page 115 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2854
    All-New Member

IMG_0561.jpg
    Got to meet Stan Lee last year which was pretty cool too!
    IMG_0571.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Nice. Not that the American versions are ugly, but I always like the interlocking spine art. Wow those Mickeys are for Gottfredson's newspaper strips? I think I wouls prefer that size to the horizontally sized Fantagraphics versions.
    I was first disappointed by Glénat design knowing that Rosa and Barks collection are softcovers books (Fantagaphics edition looks gorgeous), but the good thing is my 7 years old daughter can enjoy them without scaring me to much. They have found a good middle point between collector's book, and children's books.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAdam View Post
    Hello! New to forums, saw some great collections and decided to share my own! I was very lucky to have an amazing father in law who built me some custom bookshelfs so I could sort DC and Marvel, may need him to build some more one day!
    Attachment 34855

I have an obsession with the Absolute Editions, just got the last Transmetropolitan the other day, which makes the collection complete (for now)
    Attachment 34856
    Attachment 34857
    Your father in law has done an amazing job, congrats him for me!

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

heres my collection so far. i got back into comics because of new52 but really only been collecting hardcovers and stuff for a couple months. also idk why the second pic got turned sideways after uploading lol

Heh!

if it wasn't for the tpb's it would have looked like you had stacked the books horizontally! And that you had some giant sized figures on top of the bookhelf!

I never understand people who keep their statues in boxes.

Fantastic Member

Nice collection, but I really wanted to turn the photo or my laptop in a first few minutes

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Heh! if it wasn't for the tpb's it would have looked like you had stacked the books horizontally! And that you had some giant sized figures on top of the bookhelf!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Nice collection, but I really wanted to turn the photo or my laptop in a first few minutes
    thanks! lol yeah not sure how it happened. maybe the pic was too big? its cool though atleast the titles are still readable for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    I never understand people who keep their statues in boxes.
    my apartment is small and that shelf is next to kitchen. so for now i keep everything in their boxes and books in the plastic IST sends them in to avoid damage from oil splashes and all that. plus i have kids so yeah. one day i'll have my own room for all this stuff.. i hope lol

On this French Forum (on the equivalent thread), I have found the ultimate homemade book shelves (of course not the stacked books at the beginning ):

http://www.bdgest.com/forum/photo-de...8190-3340.html

I am officially jealous.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    On this French Forum (on the equivalent thread), I have found the ultimate homemade book shelves (of course not the stacked books at the beginning ):

I am officially jealous.
    All I can say is "Wow". That is impressive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post

I am officially jealous.
    Definitely very nice, but I still prefer painted white or black shelves to the more natural colour. The reason being comic books are so colorful and eclectic, I find it gets too busy when you have natural wood as well. But that's just me.

Mighty Member

Been a while since I've shown my stuff:

http://imgur.com/a/GS6iA

Probably gonna take a break for a few months. Have a big backlog and not too much I'm interested in this summer. Dealing with not having any more shelf space for ths first time as well. Have to solve that puzzle sooner than later, especially because i plan on picking up most of the announced omnis later in the year. I dont want to be the guy with stacks of books piled up all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Probably gonna take a break for a few months. Have a big backlog and not too much I'm interested in this summer. Dealing with not having any more shelf space for ths first time as well. Have to solve that puzzle sooner than later, especially because i plan on picking up most of the announced omnis later in the year. I dont want to be the guy with stacks of books piled up all over the place.
    such a nice and well organized collection, mine is a freakin mess compared to yours with all the different formats and random volumes here and there (every time I plan out a buying schedule I screw it up with an impulse purchase).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    such a nice and well organized collection, mine is a freakin mess compared to yours with all the different formats and random volumes here and there (every time I plan out a buying schedule I screw it up with an impulse purchase).
    Thanks. Lack of space really helps to re focus lol

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Very nice. I should upgrade my old Lucifer trades to those nice looking ones. Shame they were not hardcovers.