Page 128 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2854
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that is a very handsome collection. I don't think I've ever seen the spines of these new Doom Patrol trades and weirdly I actually prefer their look to the omnibus. That makes me think ....
    I'm actually a pretty big fan of the new fatter trades DC and Vertigo have been putting out. I'd of course prefer Deluxe Editions but I understand that not every series can be printed in every format. Overall I find Omnibus collections a bit too unwieldy for me but I can't deny the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    I'm actually a pretty big fan of the new fatter trades DC and Vertigo have been putting out. I'd of course prefer Deluxe Editions but I understand that not every series can be printed in every format. Overall I find Omnibus collections a bit too unwieldy for me but I can't deny the quality.
    not sure about the quality in case of these big omnis though. I have a feeling that both Invisibles and DP could fall apart after a few readings (and I'm planning to read them a few times over the years).

not sure about the quality in case of these big omnis though. I have a feeling that both Invisibles and DP could fall apart after a few readings (and I'm planning to read them a few times over the years).
    I may get those doom patrol trades, never actually read it, is it typical Morrison? I quite like these new dc trades, nice and thick.

What is northlanders? Vikings?
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 09-13-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Nice collection! You seem to be heavily into Indie comics. And that's not a bad thing. I love those Starman omnis. If I didn't have the singles to bind, I would have them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I may get those doom patrol trades, never actually read it, is it typical Morrison? I quite like these new dc trades, nice and thick.

it's more plot driven than say Invisibles, the weirdness comes from the characters, they are heavily influenced by art styles like dada, there is some random stuff with the villains which can cause some headscratching and the Flex Mentallo stuff was over the top stupid (I mean awesome) but the narrative is pretty straight forward.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yup! It was an anthology series by Brian Wood and various artists. Each arc tells a new story (although he revisits a character once or twice in later arcs). For the new fatter trades Vertigo is splitting the series up geographically - the first volume has stories set in the English Isles (or the Anglo-Saxon Saga), and thew next two volumes will be The Icelandic Saga and then The European Saga.

If you're a fan of Wood I'd definitely check it out.

Spectacular Member

I've never actually seen either the Doom Patrol or Animal Man omnis in person, but I hope they hold up. The only omni I have is the House of Secrets one and it feels sturdy enough to me. Looking to eventually get the iZombie and Sleeper omnis, but lasting quality will be a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Nice collection! You seem to be heavily into Indie comics. And that's not a bad thing. I love those Starman omnis. If I didn't have the singles to bind, I would have them.
    Yup! I tend to like stories with definite ends, and while I do love a good many capes comics, the open ended nature makes the notion of collecting them in any serious way a bit overwhelming to me. I just don't have the time and money to really spend on that rabbit hole. But kudos to those who do - there are some gorgeous books out there.

I've never actually seen either the Doom Patrol or Animal Man omnis in person, but I hope they hold up. The only omni I have is the House of Secrets one and it feels sturdy enough to me. Looking to eventually get the iZombie and Sleeper omnis, but lasting quality will be a consideration.
    Invisibles and Doom Patrol are twice as thick as House of Secrets, IZombie or Animal Man. They have like over 1500 pages, it's madness.
    While I only have Sleeper in trades the omnibus has the reputation of being one of the best, most well built DC omnibuses. Izombie and Animal Man seem sturdy enough, I have those and really like them, wouldn't change them to trades.

Yup! It was an anthology series by Brian Wood and various artists. Each arc tells a new story (although he revisits a character once or twice in later arcs). For the new fatter trades Vertigo is splitting the series up geographically - the first volume has stories set in the English Isles (or the Anglo-Saxon Saga), and thew next two volumes will be The Icelandic Saga and then The European Saga.

If you're a fan of Wood I'd definitely check it out.
    DMZ bored me but I am a fan of Viking stuff so I may give it a go

Yup! I tend to like stories with definite ends, and while I do love a good many capes comics, the open ended nature makes the notion of collecting them in any serious way a bit overwhelming to me. I just don't have the time and money to really spend on that rabbit hole. But kudos to those who do - there are some gorgeous books out there.
    Which I why I always preferred vertigo stuff over regular DC stuff, I like to have a finish, which is why I could never really get into marvel seriously, as nothing that happens ever really matters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    As of today, my collection looks like this.

Attachment 27038

Attachment 27039

But since I decided to sell all my regular trades and hardcovers, and focus only on deluxe editions, this is what it will look like after the rest is gone.

Attachment 27040

Looks a bit empty..
    So, almost one year later and I seem to not have made as much progress as I would have imagined.
    But slowly getting there

IMG_4720.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    So, almost one year later and I seem to not have made as much progress as I would have imagined.
    But slowly getting there

IMG_4720.jpg
    Nice touch with the singles displayed matching the statues.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

As you can see I love the Marvel Essentials.

003b.jpg

These ones, about half my collection, are here beside me at the computer.

(sorted by year)

This has become hands down my favorite thread on this site. Granted I'm still pretty new but I've been looking at all these fantastic collections.......and I wept......Thanks for the inspiration!!

Fantastic Member

that is a very handsome collection. I don't think I've ever seen the spines of these new Doom Patrol trades and weirdly I actually prefer their look to the omnibus. That makes me think ....
    haha, same here! man, this dp omni is such an unwieldy animal...