Page 129 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    This has become hands down my favorite thread on this site. Granted I'm still pretty new but I've been looking at all these fantastic collections.......and I wept......Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Its pretty great seeing all these collections. I called my collection "small" in comparison to some of these, but many say mine is sizeable. Its fun just looking at someone else's shelf and seeing what they have, spotting the stories you know.

I just picked up the two volumes of Darwyn Cooke's The Spirit in hardcover with the cutout logo on the dust jacket, still shrink wrapped. I have seen that these eventually get torn to shreds.

Any recommendations on how to prevent this?
    it's all in the reflexes

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePorkChopEx View Post
    I just picked up the two volumes of Darwyn Cooke's The Spirit in hardcover with the cutout logo on the dust jacket, still shrink wrapped. I have seen that these eventually get torn to shreds.

Any recommendations on how to prevent this?
    Fitting an archival Mylar cover to a book's dust jacket

Never done it myself, but I own books that someone has done it with and if I had the money and time I'd put these on everything I own.

All-New Member

Full Collection:
    IMG_0347.jpg

I've been fortunate enough to get quite a few of them signed over the years too. Missing a few things that I slept on and had go out of print on me, but it just makes collecting a bit more fun and gives me the thrill of the hunt to track down the missing items.

Been collecting omnis and absolute editions for about 10 years now and I love doing it but man, moving is a pain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All-New Member

A few other close ups of the remainders:

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

i've updated my shelving since moving, would like to hear your alls feedback. this is just one wall (with me in there for scale). let me know if you have any questions

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    i've updated my shelving since moving, would like to hear your alls feedback. this is just one wall (with me in there for scale). let me know if you have any questions

That looks beautiful. So sleek and clean. Makes me wish I had space for more easels (atm I have to keep most of my AEs in their boxes behind the sofa). It also makes me look forward to getting my own man cave in about two years time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That looks beautiful. So sleek and clean. Makes me wish I had space for more easels (atm I have to keep most of my AEs in their boxes behind the sofa). It also makes me look forward to getting my own man cave in about two years time.
    thanks man. i have my eye on a few more aes but dont know where i would be able to put them. if you come up with a clever solution i may have to steal it

Beautiful dishpan! It is like your own personal comic shop! Really like the lighting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Beautiful dishpan! It is like your own personal comic shop! Really like the lighting as well.
    thank you! the lighting is actually remote controlled. combination of stuff from ikea and amazon.

@Dishpan

Gorgeous collection.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

what's wrong with your face?

but that is a good way to display those artist editions, i wish i hadn't seen them, it's got me thinking, which is never good for my wallet
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 10-03-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Are those shelves custom jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Are those shelves custom jobs?
    the three on the left are all from ikea (i mixed and matched from various years).
    the three on the right are from a local furniture store http://www.belfortfurniture.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    what's wrong with your face?

but that is a good way to display those artist editions, i wish i hadn't seen them, it's got me thinking, which is never good for my wallet
    no dude! just no! it's a frekkin' black hole I went in head first. I just love looking at original art with all the smudges and pencil lines and the inks not just being pitch black. Finally caved in to get one or two and now I just can't stop.
    That said, some artists are a bit too precise (checked a video of Kubert's Tor and you can barely see any pencils he was just so good).

Btw dishpan, really nice collection, all those AE-s are looking really impressive.