Page 13 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Wow! Nice collection Martin.
    What's that big book with the smoking guy on this pic? I like that cover:
    http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/...pspnapkgko.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Wow! Nice collection Martin.
    What's that big book with the smoking guy on this pic? I like that cover:
    http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/...pspnapkgko.jpg
    Thx. That's the Dutch slipcase edition for Hector Umbra. It's published in English by Blank Slate books. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hector-Umbra...s=hector+umbra
    =====
    Munich, present day. Master DJ Osaka Best has disappeared, mysteriously vanishing in a flash of blinding light during the climax of his set at Robot Mitchum nightclub. Enter, Hector Umbra—Osaka’s best friend and artist-turned-detective—to solve the mystery of a lifetime.

61 hours, seven packs of cigarettes and countless phone calls later, Hector springs into action, turning over every dirty stone in Munich on the hunt for the displaced DJ. It soon transpires that all is not as it seems, and our hard-boiled painterly protagonist finds himself embroiled in a plot involving religious freaks, villainous Elvis impersonators, aliens and even the dead themselves.

The first of German creator Uli Oesterle’s long-form works to appear in English, Hector Umbra combines sci-fi, occult, noir and clubland influences in one explosive narrative. With a visual style reminiscent of Mike Mignola, English-speaking readers of all varieties are sure to fall in love with Oesterle’s work.

“Uli Oesterle is a genius and a fountain of inspiration” – Mike Mignola, author of Hellboy
    =====
    Here's a trailer for the German edition.

Thanks, it looks cool, I like the artstyle and the story seems like something I would like too.
    It's a shame that the english edition is not oversized.
    Last edited by Balakin; 06-22-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Fantastic Member

Very nice set up Dern really like the back lighting . And the framed comics on wall .

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Thx. That's the Dutch slipcase edition for Hector Umbra. It's published in English by Blank Slate books. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hector-Umbra...s=hector+umbra
    =====
    Munich, present day. Master DJ Osaka Best has disappeared, mysteriously vanishing in a flash of blinding light during the climax of his set at Robot Mitchum nightclub. Enter, Hector Umbra—Osaka’s best friend and artist-turned-detective—to solve the mystery of a lifetime.

61 hours, seven packs of cigarettes and countless phone calls later, Hector springs into action, turning over every dirty stone in Munich on the hunt for the displaced DJ. It soon transpires that all is not as it seems, and our hard-boiled painterly protagonist finds himself embroiled in a plot involving religious freaks, villainous Elvis impersonators, aliens and even the dead themselves.

The first of German creator Uli Oesterle’s long-form works to appear in English, Hector Umbra combines sci-fi, occult, noir and clubland influences in one explosive narrative. With a visual style reminiscent of Mike Mignola, English-speaking readers of all varieties are sure to fall in love with Oesterle’s work.

“Uli Oesterle is a genius and a fountain of inspiration” – Mike Mignola, author of Hellboy
    =====
    Here's a trailer for the German edition.

Looks awesome. Where can you get rhe Dutch one?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Wow Martin that's a lot of book very nice . How long you been collecting? Look very organized . I might have to convert to trays the display so much nicer than a box of comics .

OMW, Martin. That looks like my collection in about 50 years, and then some! My eyes are watering and my mouth is drooling. Beautiful.

P.S: Not a Marvel fan?
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Looks awesome. Where can you get rhe Dutch one?
    It's published by Silvester. Pretty sure the box-set is gone, but they're clearing the set of three for 15€ http://www.silvesterstrips.nl/strips...ctor-compleet/

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Wow Martin that's a lot of book very nice . How long you been collecting? Look very organized . I might have to convert to trays the display so much nicer than a box of comics .
    Thx. Been collecting 4 years I think. I love to organise stuff and I know what you mean about those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    OMW, Martin. That looks like my collection in about 50 years, and then some! My eyes are watering and my mouth is drooling. Beautiful.

P.S: Not a Marvel fan?
    That obvious eh? The funniest thing about my Marvel shelf is that I only bought those omnibuses and the PunisherMax books and the rest were for free. seriously though I have nothing against Marvel, but they only do superhero stories. I enjoyed DC superhero stories and never had the urge to delve into the MU. For starters I wouldn't even know here to start and tbh I can't be bothered to find out. Too much of a hassle. I really prefer one shots and stories with an end, so I read less and less superhero stories overall these days.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    It's published by Silvester. Pretty sure the box-set is gone, but they're clearing the set of three for 15€ http://www.silvesterstrips.nl/strips...ctor-compleet/

Thx. Been collecting 4 years I think. I love to organise stuff and I know what you mean about those boxes.

That obvious eh? The funniest thing about my Marvel shelf is that I only bought those omnibuses and the PunisherMax books and the rest were for free. seriously though I have nothing against Marvel, but they only do superhero stories. I enjoyed DC superhero stories and never had the urge to delve into the MU. For starters I wouldn't even know here to start and tbh I can't be bothered to find out. Too much of a hassle. I really prefer one shots and stories with an end, so I read less and less superhero stories overall these days.
    Thanks! Will look into it.

I know what you mean with superhero stuff. But then of course sometimes a gem comes out of Marvel which makes it worth while for me. Books like Superior foes of spider-man (praying for OHC...), Thunderbolts by Ellis, Nextwave etc. are amongst my favorite books.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Impressive Martin.
    Indeed; after looking at those pics, my face looked like Batroc's in your avatar.

Here's around 90% of my collection. I have another two shelves taken up by Vertigo titles like Y the Last Man, American Vampire, Preacher and Fables, plus some backlog sitting around (DMZ, Fear Agent Vol. 2, Invisibles Omnibus) that I didn't take pics of. I've been collecting since late 2011 now.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    DSC00359.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    Here's around 90% of my collection. I have another two shelves taken up by Vertigo titles like Y the Last Man, American Vampire, Preacher and Fables, plus some backlog sitting around (DMZ, Fear Agent Vol. 2, Invisibles Omnibus) that I didn't take pics of. I've been collecting since late 2011 now.

2.jpg
    that's the first I've seen of Big Damn Sin City. Looks cool, I want!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Default My Book Shelf

Made a Book Shelf Last week. Please check the images below.

IMG_1308.jpgIMG_1302.jpgIMG_1303.jpg

- Suresh

Fantastic Member

Very nice Sureshbabu . Looking good

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    Here is my bookcase I recently set up. it was the last Expedit Ikea had. I'm already running out of room on it. I am extremely picky about what I keep in my collection, so I've probably sold an additional bookcase worth of stuff that I deemed unworthy.

It is backlit with two sets of color changing LED strips that I have wired to the light switch. They also illuminate the drawers on the bottom, which I'll soon have to get rid of because I can't stop buying books. I still have a JSA Omnibus to squeeze in there.

The walls are decked out with Afterlife With Archie, but I switch them out with whatever. I love framing comics and displaying them, and they're sprinkled throughout my place. That's a Francavilla zombie Batman commission chilling out over there by my art desk. Not pictured is my actual reading chair with a lamp and additional shelving. The LEDs, art desk light, and reading lamp are all on the same circuit.

Attachment 4354
    Attachment 4355
    Attachment 4356

While taking these pictures for you fine folks, I discovered there's a water leak in the corner. Building maintenance will most likely need to replace the base boards, so all that stuff I talked about up there? Yeah, I'm probably gonna need to move it.
    How did you get the Sixth Gun Vol I to fit on an Expedit shelf? It's currently the only book I own that doesn't fit properly in the cube.