Page 131 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2854

I think I may have to spend the weekend rearranging my omnibus and larger books so that they lie flat... I'm getting paranoid now!

Fantastic Member

yeah y'know, I used to shelve them vertically but I started to notice the bigger books (particularly the Marvels with the thinner paper) were developing some substantial bows and waveyness. I just can't be bothered to do the little postit note support blocks and such so I read up on book storage and quite a few libraries and such recommend shelving larger volumes stacked horizontally - with the caveat that they not be stacked too high. I started doing that and I've found over the past few motnhs that all the bows and waves are gone. The books are all perfectly flat and straight...and I don't see any signs of any damage to the spines. I rotate the stacks every few weeks to keep the bottom books from taking all the weight for too long though.

The Stand omni stays where it is on the bottom though. That crappy binding is already shot! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I think I may have to spend the weekend rearranging my omnibus and larger books so that they lie flat
    I have never thought about it really, as the Marvel Omnibus volumes I have look 'proper' when stored vertically and just look odd in photos when people lay them flat. However, I might upset my OCD and give it a go at the weekend too if it really is better for the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I have never thought about it really, as the Marvel Omnibus volumes I have look 'proper' when stored vertically and just look odd in photos when people lay them flat. However, I might upset my OCD and give it a go at the weekend too if it really is better for the books.
    I lay all my comics flat. And I also switch them with the spine so they don't rest on the spine of the book below. Years ago an old collector told me this. In that way they don't hang in their spine.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I lay all my comics flat. And I also switch them with the spine so they don't rest on the spine of the book below. Years ago an old collector told me this. In that way they don't hang in their spine.
    Oh man! More things to worry about!

All-New Member

I'm seriously considering buying some cheap wooden planks and cutting and sanding them down so they can fit between the shelf and the pages of the book. Sure, it'd be a bit overboard, but I'd rather that than the inconvenience and general annoyance of stacking them horizontally on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by stm858 View Post
    I'm seriously considering buying some cheap wooden planks and cutting and sanding them down so they can fit between the shelf and the pages of the book. Sure, it'd be a bit overboard, but I'd rather that than the inconvenience and general annoyance of stacking them horizontally on top of each other.
    Sometimes I'll cut out strips of cardboard and slip it in under, whenever I remember to do so. Hopefully its better than doing nothing.

Amazing Member

I did a video tour of my basement. Some of my collected editions are down there among my figures.

Last edited by evilomar; 11-30-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    I did a video tour of my basement. Some of my collected editions are down there among my figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCx68nuVhNI
    Nice toy collection. I had to sell most of my toys. I have a few and I still collect some, but for the most part I sold them in favour of fleshing out my comics collection. I don't know how you can afford to do both. Even when I was collecting toys I had to limit myself to certain types or brand; In the end, I had to chose comics over the toys, haha.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCx68nuVhNI
    Dude... If that's what you keep in the basement WTF is upstairs...
    I noticed with Apocalypse War on the shelf this is a pretty recent production, and you said you don't believe they will do a hardcover Akira; however https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbr.c...?client=safari this has been talked about over in the manga thread. Just in case you missed it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Dude... If that's what you keep in the basement WTF is upstairs...
    I noticed with Apocalypse War on the shelf this is a pretty recent production, and you said you don't believe they will do a hardcover Akira; however https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbr.c...?client=safari this has been talked about over in the manga thread. Just in case you missed it.
    LOL I keep it normal upstairs. For the muggles. My Hardcover collections are in my office other than that, upstairs looks like a boring normal house. It is pretty recent, we recorded this the week before Thanksgiving. Yeah, I had heard about the HCs next year, but I was talking about the Epic colored Akira. I would love a collected edition of those books. Thank you for watching the video.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Nice toy collection. I had to sell most of my toys. I have a few and I still collect some, but for the most part I sold them in favour of fleshing out my comics collection. I don't know how you can afford to do both. Even when I was collecting toys I had to limit myself to certain types or brand; In the end, I had to chose comics over the toys, haha.
    I don't know how I can do both hobbies either and then there is videogames. I always joke about these things being myself and my wife's retirement one day.

Fantastic Member

DSC00515.JPG Just added few books to spinner rack .

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    DSC00515.JPG Just added few books to spinner rack .
    Seeing that spinner rack brings back lots of memories.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I've only gotten back into collecting comics in the past year, so my collection is still pretty small. Nothing to really show off. But I really enjoy this thread and seeing everyone else's collections. Inspiring!