Page 138 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2854
    Fantastic Member

I don't worry about alphabetizing at all. I just group sets of volumes together and arrange by volume number. Other than that it's just how everything best fits on the available space...

BANNED

I just have 23 Omnibuses so far. If i reach to the crazy amount of 50 or something someday, i will start to arrange my omnibuses according to years in which they were published originally from early to latest to have a somewhat more accurate reading order.
    Last edited by Batarang; 04-02-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I'm more concerned now with keeping the spines as uniform as possible. The classic spines get sorted first, then the black spines with graphics / drawn logos, then by color. Same for OHC. This is only for the Marvel books tho. Pretty much everything else gets organized by publisher, then "loosely" alphabetized.
    Doesn't this get annoying when you actually want to read something though? It would be all over the place. Unless you're strictly collecting for display and not reading them...

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Doesn't this get annoying when you actually want to read something though? It would be all over the place. Unless you're strictly collecting for display and not reading them...
    I keep a separate shelf / reading table for books I'm in the process of reading, and it's not like I don't know which book to read next. That's one of the reasons I belong to this forum after all

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I just have 23 Omnibuses so far. If i reach to the crazy amount of 50 or something someday, i will start to arrange my omnibuses according to years in which they were published originally from early to latest to have a somewhat more accurate reading order.
    "Just 23" ???
    You do realize that 23 Omnibuses is A LOT of books. If your house was on fire you'd only be able to save 20 % of them (+\-) if you only had one trip.

Incredible Member

All those methods sound good to me. It's great hearing about how people organize their stuff. I only recently increased my omnibus collection by 20%. One of the latest was Doom Patrol and I've realized that is too big of a book. I think those 1000+ page books are too big for my baby-sized hands lol.

BANNED

"Just 23" ???
    You do realize that 23 Omnibuses is A LOT of books. If your house was on fire you'd only be able to save 20 % of them (+\-) if you only had one trip.
    I hope i won't have a fire in my apartment or the ones after this one like ever... :/

I keep a separate shelf / reading table for books I'm in the process of reading, and it's not like I don't know which book to read next. That's one of the reasons I belong to this forum after all
    Fair enough. I used to order them quite similarly to you...but lately I've come to really appreciate the diversified look of omnis, hcs, trades etc all thrown together for the purpose of character or author chronology.

Incredible Member

The wife made me move a book case so I decided to finally put together my X-Men OHC shelf. image.jpg Had to do some other reorganizing to make it work and I almost have an organization strategy now. But only almost.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I hope i won't have a fire in my apartment or the ones after this one like ever... :/

Sorry, bad analogy. Just pointing out that 23 Omnibuses is not a small amount of books. I wish you good fortune with your expanding collection

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    The wife made me move a book case so I decided to finally put together my X-Men OHC shelf. image.jpg Had to do some other reorganizing to make it work and I almost have an organization strategy now. But only almost.
    Awesome collection!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Awesome!

Can you take a bigger photo? Im also collecting x-men hardcovers and I see a lot of HC that I cant read the text on it. Thanks!!

Incredible Member

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkham83 View Post
    Awesome!

Can you take a bigger photo? Im also collecting x-men hardcovers and I see a lot of HC that I cant read the text on it. Thanks!!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

I love seeing everyone's collections. Lots of great stuff. I enjoy seeing the different titles people have, various bookshelf and how much people collect. I remember when I first got into comics and all I had was half a row of random comics books on a shelf I got from my closet, which I placed on the ground. I was living by myself at the time and had no furniture whatsoever.

I wanted to update my pics with my collection. I have a Kallas bookshelf. I recently reorganized my books by book style (softcover, regular hardcover, oversized hardcover and absolutes) then alphabetical. After the absolutes I placed my non DC books. I had trouble whether or not to include them with the other categories. I think it's been about a year since I last posted my collection. Hope you enjoy.

IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg