Page 14 of 191 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    How did you get the Sixth Gun Vol I to fit on an Expedit shelf? It's currently the only book I own that doesn't fit properly in the cube.
    Yeah, this was a pain. I basically just inserted it diagonally and then squeezed it in. I don't know how I'm gonna get it out!

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Long time reader first time poster. I was inspired by many of the wonderful people in this community to start reading comics again after 7 years of being away. Here are some of my recent purchases from instocktrades, amazon, and ebay. Hopefully one day I will be able to show as many books as you guys , but slowly i will get there. If there are any suggestions to what I should read next please let me know.
    CB211E22-BCAB-46E8-85D8-EB5A6D7B00E7_zpsy1zejjkw.jpg
    38F104F7-A177-4665-ABD0-32F9F30F3F97_zps8cvvp2rp.jpg
    74E5FE63-5443-4697-8A77-C4D9D5556046_zpsyn4pbwwj.jpg

Last one

I'm really glad to have found this community to help guide me in the comic book maze!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    Long time reader first time poster. I was inspired by many of the wonderful people in this community to start reading comics again after 7 years of being away. Here are some of my recent purchases from instocktrades, amazon, and ebay. Hopefully one day I will be able to show as many books as you guys , but slowly i will get there. If there are any suggestions to what I should read next please let me know.
    Nice books, welcome back! For suggestions, the Dark horse Library editions (especially Fear agent and Hellboy) and Colossal hc's (Big damn Sin city and Colossal Conan). And many more. What's your story taste?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

That is a HUGE haul! I look forward to hearing from you next year when youre done reading all that

Eeeyikes! I'm about to put up pics of my collection and I log-in to see this! Crazy start to your library. Happy reading.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Wow! You came back big time No suggestion where to start, maybe not Sandman or the Invisibles, it can be frustrating going through 1500-2000 pages when you know you have so many books yet to be read.
    Maybe LoEG or Flex Mentallo or Y the last man.
    Last edited by Balakin; 06-28-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    That is a HUGE haul! I look forward to hearing from you next year when youre done reading all that
    I know right lol. I got a little carried away with the mega sale on instocktrades. I'm used to ordering things on amazon and discovered this site because of this forum and couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone
    Eeeyikes! I'm about to put up pics of my collection and I log-in to see this! Crazy start to your library. Happy reading.
    Thank you. I have more in boxes that i have been gathering throughout the year. I will post when I put my shelves together.
    Last edited by Whenitmatters; 06-28-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Nice books, welcome back! For suggestions, the Dark horse Library editions (especially Fear agent and Hellboy) and Colossal hc's (Big damn Sin city and Colossal Conan). And many more. What's your story taste?
    thanks for the suggestions will look into it. As far as my reading preference i will read just about anything that has a strong story and complex characters.

Hi guys, it's been a long time coming, but I finally decided to unpack my collection, since I decided I wanted to weed out certain books I would never miss (I'll be giving some to my nephew, and offering the rest to whoever wants them among friends/family). If you recall, I said that I prefer not having my books on display, since I don't want kids who aren't old enough going through them without my supervision.

A reminder that I mostly buy trades (for the simple reason that they're cheaper, and therefore allows me to buy more per month). Hardcovers maybe for classics or longer runs, but not for a mildly-intriguing 6-issue tpb that I'll finish in one night.

First up is the few comic-book related items.

0.jpg

I purchased 'The Silver Age of DC Comics' thinking it was a compilation of the greatest Silver Age stories, but it's an encyclopedia of some sort by Taschen which I decided to keep anyway. Watchmen is the only Absolute I own (so far). Loved the story until the movie came out. The movie has an ending which I think may be superior to the source material (sacrilege!)

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The Superman Golden Age Omnibus, Avengers Omnibus and Death Note collection taught me one big lesson: NEVER buy a large collection unless you’re absolutely sure you’re gonna read it right to the end.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Some cheap Indian reprints which I used to find in local supermarkets for about $2.5 for 5 issues (during the early days of my collecting).

11.jpg

Some arbitrary things I may pick up from store clearances.

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    Watchmen is the only Absolute I own (so far). Loved the story until the movie came out. The movie has an ending which I think may be superior to the source material (sacrilege!)
    Agreed! I actually saw the movie first and the way they incorporated Dr Manhatten's powers (the only supernatural element in the movie) into the ending felt so... cohesive, and tragically ironic. Then when I read the book the 'master plan' just seemed so silly and otherworldly. I mean... really?
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 09-27-2014 at 03:45 PM.