Page 141 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2854
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

You can probably guess which Doctor is my favorite by looking at my collection.

I have some things that are still packed away or unable to currently display, but that's most of it. How about you? I'd love to see your stuff.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 07-31-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Whovian, wow, it's a DW shrine! i am completely awestruck.
    beautiful.

Fantastic Member

Look upon my shelves and be fearful!

and my bedside table...

I really need to get more shelf space! yeesh...

Those BPRD HC's are the one thing missing from my collection. Dang, I wish I had those. Nice collection zevious!

Wow, Beautiful! I love the DW monsters print. I'm particularly fond of those bookends They might just be better than my Portal bookends haha

I'm glad to hear that the back is better, back pain is a pain, so debilitating.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

You should see my Doctor Who collection. So many books and hundreds of CDs.

The Whovian: Wow! And I thought I have a somewhat excessive DW collection to go along with my comics but it pales in comparison to yours. (comics is still my main thing).
    Hope your back will be in top shape soon!

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    Whovian, wow, it's a DW shrine! i am completely awestruck.
    beautiful.
    Thanks zaboraviti!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Wow, Beautiful! I love the DW monsters print. I'm particularly fond of those bookends They might just be better than my Portal bookends haha

I'm glad to hear that the back is better, back pain is a pain, so debilitating.
    Thanks Enigma. My back acts up every now and then, but this last time was the worst ever. Show your Who collection!

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    You should see my Doctor Who collection. So many books and hundreds of CDs.
    Yes! Show us! I love seeing everyone's collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The Whovian: Wow! And I thought I have a somewhat excessive DW collection to go along with my comics but it pales in comparison to yours. (comics is still my main thing).
    Hope your back will be in top shape soon!
    Thanks, I appreciate that. Yeah, comics is my main source of reading material and a big part of my collection, but Who is as well. It's hard to get everything I want. Can you show your collection? I would love to see it.

BTW Balakin, I've been meaning to ask you, are you a big fan of The Shadow too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that. Yeah, comics is my main source of reading material and a big part of my collection, but Who is as well. It's hard to get everything I want. Can you show your collection? I would love to see it.

BTW Balakin, I've been meaning to ask you, are you a big fan of The Shadow too?
    Yeah I love the Shadow and a bunch of other pulp guys like the Phantom, Zorro, The Rocketeer (I know technically just an homage but still), Doc Savage, Tarzan, Flash Gordon etc. But probably the Shadow is my favourite character (The Rocketeer is my favourite movie though) and he is criminally under represented in every way: decent comics, collected editions, movies, merchandise. Even the Phantom has a pop and Doc has a pseudo omnibus (although I really wish for a Doc savage pop and a Phantom omnibus too).

Here are some quick pics of my DW stuff scattered across the room, I will reorganise everything soon when my flatmate moves out and I will have the whole flat for myself.
    This is the majority with a couple of 3.75" figures not shown in front of the AEs (cause the table is a mess atm). The 10th and 11th sonics are the remotes (fun fact: I don't own a tv) and the 8th one is an RB replicas springloaded replica. Also Ace and Clara are hiding behind River and Donna.

Toy sonics, I need to relocate them cause they aren't as prominently displayed as I would want it atm but I can't find the exact coat hangers and I need an extra one for the 12th Doctor one so I need to figure out some other display.

And some unopened stuff that I will open up as soon as I can figure it out where to put them. But I might leave the Brick figures like this, it looks neat.

Sweet! You have a LOT of cool stuff! I like the Shadow too, but I didn't get into him until the movie came out. I know a lot of fans don't like that movie, but I love it. I also have a collection of six of the Shadow old radio audios on cassettes.

Sweet! You have a LOT of cool stuff! I like the Shadow too, but I didn't get into him until the movie came out. I know a lot of fans don't like that movie, but I love it. I also have a collection of six of the Shadow old radio audios on cassettes.
    I got into the shadow with the movie too when I was a kid. The first season of the audiodramas with Welles were really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I got into the shadow with the movie too when I was a kid. The first season of the audiodramas with Welles were really good!
    So you liked it too? I think newer fans liked it but the old fans didn't. You won't believe this, but I bought those cassettes off of Ebay about 15 years ago and I've never listened to them.

When I went to listen to them, I found out that my cassette player was broke (hadn't used it in years) and I didn't want to buy a new cassette player just to listen to them so I started looking for a used one at garage sales. Never found one and just sort of dropped it.

They're still packed away in my basement. Now you got me excited to listen to them, but I could probably just find the audio version for sale on download or DVD.

I am in Glasgow for a research project all summer, so I only have what I have bought here - the Tardis is an alarm clock :P

I have some stuff at home too, mostly pops and a clockwork man figurine plus a weeping angel statue. Plus some books.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

So you liked it too? I think newer fans liked it but the old fans didn't. You won't believe this, but I bought those cassettes off of Ebay about 15 years ago and I've never listened to them.

When I went to listen to them, I found out that my cassette player was broke (hadn't used it in years) and I didn't want to buy a new cassette player just to listen to them so I started looking for a used one at garage sales. Never found one and just sort of dropped it.

They're still packed away in my basement. Now you got me excited to listen to them, but I could probably just find the audio version for sale on download or DVD.
    The Shadow changed a lot throughout the years and I think the movie interpretation was pretty faithful to the most recurring depictions. I mean LOOK AT HIM! He looks just like he did on the old pulp covers. The movie itself was a solid romp but unfortunately they had to cut the ending short because most of the set was destroyed in an earthquake (IIRC).
    With a 30 second googleing I think you can find the audiofiles I'm pretty confident that they are public domain now since they are from the late 30s early 40s. But listening to those old cassettes, that could be a kick if you can find a player. Might worth putting out a message on social media see if any of your nearby friends have one lying around.