Page 142 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I am in Glasgow for a research project all summer, so I only have what I have bought here - the Tardis is an alarm clock :P

I have some stuff at home too, mostly pops and a clockwork man figurine plus a weeping angel statue. Plus some books.
    I'm not gonna lie the dog picture is my favourite in this line up Although I love me some Girl in the fireplace too!
    Btw if you want to boost your collection a bit check out B&M and Home bargains, maybe Boots. I got a 3.75" Angel from Boots for like £2 once and B&M currently has 3 different 3 figure packs going on. Also B&M usually have DC Animated and DC Designer series figures and box sets (Ross JLA and TDKR). I got a Jae Lee Superman, my friend got a Capullo 2Face and talon and I got a couple of animated figures too.

Haha, she is my favourite part too! What I really want, is a Tardis walk in wardrobe. I will definitely check out B&M since I am back in Dundee for the weekend, I love me some WA figurines
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I am in Glasgow for a research project all summer, so I only have what I have bought here - the Tardis is an alarm clock :P

I have some stuff at home too, mostly pops and a clockwork man figurine plus a weeping angel statue. Plus some books.
    Cool! Aww, you have a cute dog! Hey Enigma, do you have any cool pics of Glasgow? I've been to England, Wales and Ireland, but not Scotland yet. Are there any amazing sites? I'm more into old buildings, architecture and things like that. Modern stuff I don't really care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The Shadow changed a lot throughout the years and I think the movie interpretation was pretty faithful to the most recurring depictions. I mean LOOK AT HIM! He looks just like he did on the old pulp covers. The movie itself was a solid romp but unfortunately they had to cut the ending short because most of the set was destroyed in an earthquake (IIRC).
    With a 30 second googleing I think you can find the audiofiles I'm pretty confident that they are public domain now since they are from the late 30s early 40s. But listening to those old cassettes, that could be a kick if you can find a player. Might worth putting out a message on social media see if any of your nearby friends have one lying around.
    Yeah, the movie did an amazing job of making him look just like those old pulp covers. There used to be a guy that had ALL of the Shadow radio shows available for free download on his website and I started downloading them, but about a third of the way through, he decided he couldn't keep up with the site or something, so I wasn't able to get them all. This was back around 2001-2002 or so. And then my computer that had the audio files broke and I lost them forever. That was really disappointing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazingly, I actually don't haha There is loads here though. There are quite a few castles, lots of dungeons/prisons. Glasgow is quite famous for its architecture and art, so there are loads of galleries etc. Strangely, one of the famous sites in Glasgow is this statue of (I think) Wellington, about 50 feet from my flat. People kept putting the cone back every time it was taken down, so now its just kind of left there, its become a tradition I guess. Yesterday somebody had managed to put a woolen Power Rangers mask on him too

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gl...kH9rFvA6NuR9M:
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

LOL!! That is too funny!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So here goes: my new 'library' has finally been finished. It's actually the first room at our new place that's completely done (gotta have priorities)
    LJ this room is amazing, full stop. Going with white shelves and the special lights was such a smart way to brighten up the reading area. Damn man!

I wish I had the space within my cubbies to turn some books sideways with the front cover facing out like that, it really makes a big difference. How soon until you fill up all this? =)

Thanks for sharing it!

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

started collecting since about february this year and just filled my first shelf(top shelf) wont be long before im needing another bookshelf next to this.
    IMG_1319.jpgIMG_1320.jpgIMG_1321.jpg

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

IMG_1322.jpg and the bottom shelfs

Much approval!

Amazing Member

The best finds I ever found were on these few websites years ago, man. This guy was selling the Camelot Cover of Captain Britain's Omnibus for like $50 brand new. I almost didn't believe it until I called and asked them. Low and behold, he did own it and it was in brand new condition not even a blemish. This was around the time that it was literally going out of print. And getting increasingly harder to find. I really lucked out with that one. Then I went to some comic shop in the middle of fucksville, and I found The first X-Men Omnibus by Lee and Kirby for half off and it was brand new behind a glass case. I asked the dude if I was dreaming and he said no, that's the price. So like a crazy man, I said "Pull that motherfucker out, I'm buying it right now!" In the same week, my friend John at his local comic shop was having a huge get together, so like I looked behind the glass case and I saw the 2nd X-Men Omnibus completing the set with the ultra rare George Tuska cover. He gave me the book for like $75, it was a great deal. Then I went somewhere in Miami where I would work, and I seen this old run down book shop and they were selling both Fantastic Four's by John Byrne the Omnibuses still brand new in cellophane and in mint condition for only $50, I'm telling you, the shit you can find out there is insane.

Then my friend John called me again and he just got from some private collector's stuff. I looked in the glass case and he had Thor by Walter Simonson's Omnibus as well as Thor by JMS the Micheal Turner Variant. I bought both at the same time for like, $120. That was a hell of a deal. Then online once, I was looking for some stuff. And this one guy was selling his New Teen Titan's Omnibus set. So like I spoke to him and we met in person, super nice guy. I got all 3 books brand new for $100. Then I met another guy's mom who was selling most of his stuff and I asked her if we could meet so she agreed to that. The dude was present and offered me a peak into his collection. He was going to war so he offered me anything I want. He had the first 2 Thor Omnibuses the first was the Oliver Coipel Variant and the second was the standard Esad Ribic cover. But, I jumped on that quick, he gave me both for $100. And he threw in the first X-Men Jim Lee Omnibus for only $35. All books were brand new in cellophane. Then another day I went to this other run down shit-shop, and I found NYX-X-23 the Billy Tan Variant which is super rare. It was brand new and they sold me the book for only $10. It's amazing what you can find out there, all you have to do is look when you go out. I got tons of stories like these, too many.

All-New Member

Mostly Dark Horse, Image, Vertigo and Independents. Not a huge fan of the Big Two.

All-New Member

I'm not sure why all the pictures are blurry.

Oh Jesus, so beautiful. Why does everybody have an amazing bookcase for storing their children? I had no room. Anybody care to swap accommodation?

Also, I completely appreciate your lack of enthusiasm for the Big Two. I do read DC/Marvel stuff, as I expected I would when I got into comics, but actually most of what I read is also not from them. It is a kind of presumption... What are the Y: The Last Man? I have the 5 deluxe editions, are they some other edition?

Mighty Member

^they're the Absolute editions

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by briar View Post
    Mostly Dark Horse, Image, Vertigo and Independents. Not a huge fan of the Big Two.

Awesome collection! Are my eyes deceiving me or do you have multiple Usagi Saga HC's Vol. 1's?