Page 156 of 191 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2854
    Extraordinary Member

Genuine question here. How do you guys afford these? I'm sure you all have good jobs and all, but as a student, I find your collections fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Genuine question here. How do you guys afford these? I'm sure you all have good jobs and all, but as a student, I find your collections fascinating.
    My collection actually eats into part of my (retirement) funds as I plan to read them during my retirement...

I hope these books lasts till I'm old n frail :x

I sell a lot of books, what I have on shelves is probably about a quarter of what I would have if I’d of kept everything (and that doesn’t include the 1000’s of floppies I had) and although I lose on most books I sell at least I make some back that I can buy new books with (plus I do have good job)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Why thank you Balakin, too many messy collections on here for my liking
    One of them is mine

I have an okay wage but I live cheap and barely have a social life although I'm trying to change that now. Have too many comics but since I'm single I wasn't really paying attention to anythig else (don't get me wrong I don't live in a cave but I felt like i had to improve it a bit )

Incredible Member

I used to collect guitars and amps. Graphic novels even in bulk are not as expensive. I started havig kids so no more space for even more guitars and amps. When I was a student I certainly would not have been able to collect like I did after I graduated but I was also focused on other things in those days.

soooooo.....
    Today should be the day when I usually post my monthly haul pic with an unhealthy amount of unread material but the weirdest thing happened: I have not bought a single comic book in the last month! This is pretty big for me because, if I want to be honest with myself, I might have a slight addiction problem (but it's fine, I've proved that I can stop and I will try hard not to fall back).
    But instead of buying comics I've spent some money and effort to make my small flat a bit more presentable, so here it is!
    Sadly I've had no energy left to change the hodge-podge nature of my collection. I've moved everything 3 times (!!!) last year from room to room so decided to leave them like this for now, until I got some inspiration and spare time to do it (not gonna be any time soon).
    The books and figures are in two separate rooms because I don't want to leave the bedroom, where I spend a lot of time, without the fun stuff (perks of the single life, I put my guff wherever I want to put it).

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a very nice collection Balakin and tonnes of HC's! I'm not sure what you mean though, I think it's very tidy and organised.

On a side note, I too was spending a little too much on comics to distract myself and have pulled back to a couple books a month.
    thanks! What I mean by not organised is, for example: the 2 volumes of the NTT omnibus being in different rooms

Nice collections Hellboydce and Balakin!

Mighty Member

Nooo!!! Atomic Robo upside down! My eyes!!

Seriously tho, nice collection.

ahaha, oops, I don't know how that happened

Show-off!
    Seriously, what a great collection, Balakin. So much great stuff there. Didn't know you had that many AEs. Nice! Oh, and why only the Prentice Rip Kirbys? The good stuff are the Raymond ones.

It's also always great to see people branch out: superhero books, Manga, classic comic strips etc. etc.