Page 157 of 191 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Show-off!
    Seriously, what a great collection, Balakin. So much great stuff there. Didn't know you had that many AEs. Nice! Oh, and why only the Prentice Rip Kirbys? The good stuff are the Raymond ones.

It's also always great to see people branch out: superhero books, Manga, classic comic strips etc. etc.
    thanks! I like to have a taste of everything that seems up my alley.
    I've started with the Prentice volumes because one of them was cheap and thought I would get those then the rest but gods know when I'll be able to read all so I've just stopped and focused on series I know I can read any day. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it but older comics require more effort to read than, say, Lucifer, Scott Pilgrim or New X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    soooooo.....
    Today should be the day when I usually post my monthly haul pic with an unhealthy amount of unread material but the weirdest thing happened: I have not bought a single comic book in the last month! This is pretty big for me because, if I want to be honest with myself, I might have a slight addiction problem (but it's fine, I've proved that I can stop and I will try hard not to fall back).
    But instead of buying comics I've spent some money and effort to make my small flat a bit more presentable, so here it is!
    Sadly I've had no energy left to change the hodge-podge nature of my collection. I've moved everything 3 times (!!!) last year from room to room so decided to leave them like this for now, until I got some inspiration and spare time to do it (not gonna be any time soon).
    Very nice! Are you seriously planning to cut back a bit? I reached that decision a while back, I’ll only ever have enough books to fill the shelves I have now, so that may mean, selling some again, I’ll keep getting absolutes, HB stuff and valiant, but thankfully a lot of series have ended or are ending (fables, invincible, Chew, Hellraiser, maybe even the Valiant stuff) and it’s kind of a relief (man, I wish the walking dead would end)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Very nice! Are you seriously planning to cut back a bit? I reached that decision a while back, I’ll only ever have enough books to fill the shelves I have now, so that may mean, selling some again, I’ll keep getting absolutes, HB stuff and valiant, but thankfully a lot of series have ended or are ending (fables, invincible, Chew, Hellraiser, maybe even the Valiant stuff) and it’s kind of a relief (man, I wish the walking dead would end)
    yeah I'm trying to cut back, as I said, didn't buy anything for a whole month, which for me is a record. Almost had the same with action figures but an auction just ended on ebay with some stuff that are pretty rare in the UK (or on the market) so I had to go for that.
    But I don't feel like the floodgate has opened (happened before). I have no comics purchases planned right now other than the latest Valiant deluxe (still not in a hurry) and there is one figure that I'm waiting on to reach the country but I've basically sort of preordered that before my diet
    So so far so good. Not planning a sale though, I still have space to fill up.

Spectacular Member

Awesome collection Balakin (as expected) !!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Balakin! Very impressive collection!

thanks guys!

So happy to see the Disney comics. So many collections don't have them and the carl barks and don rosa stories are some of the best comics made.

Your collection is great!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-23-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So happy to see the Disney comics. So many collections don't have them and the carl barks and don rosa stories are some of the best comics made.

Your collection is great!
    thank you! I try to branch out, I used to have Mickey as well but it wasn't really my cuppa. I'm partial to the ducks (although wish I've read more, I'm really behind with these books).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So many collections are missing out. Barks was sooooo good.

Astonishing Member

Great collection Balakin !

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    So many collections are missing out. Barks was sooooo good.
    I actually prefer Rosa but Barks is greal too.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Great collection Balakin !
    Thank you!

Balakin, that is just delicious No Titan Doctor Who?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I actually prefer Rosa but Barks is greal too.
    Then I'm in for a treat, since I still haven't got around to reading those.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Balakin, that is just delicious No Titan Doctor Who?
    thanks! not yet. The first volumes of 10 and 11 didn't really convince me but I want to give a shot to the whole first year.