Page 159 of 191 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2854

Afraid not. I've only read some of the Stan Lee X-Men and some Claremont
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Afraid not. I've only read some of the Stan Lee X-Men and some Claremont
    Can I recommend some awesome Marvel books for you?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Can I recommend some awesome Marvel books for you?
    I would like to recommend some too. I'm not a big continuity buff (even though I've read a lot) so what I usually recommend are all series you can read on their own. And really, picking by publisher is not really a relevant thing anymore, there is no house style these days but there are tons of good stuff from every company.
    You really should check out DD by Bendis and Brubaker, Alias, the original BKV Runaways, Nextwave, Vision from King (it's a standalone but I would recommend to read that after runaways), Ms Marvel (the Kamala
    Kahn series), Thor God of thunder by aaron (or at least the first arc, Godbutcher), Punisher Max by Ennis and Aaron (skip the stuff inbetween them), Superior foes of Spider-man.
    Also Marvels by Busiek and Alex Ross. Beautiful book and a great crash course in MArvel history.

Incredible Member

Punisher max is really great. I flew through the first omnibus. Its basically the punisher taking out non redeemable villains (no grey area for these villains).
    Not really a direct Marvel recommendation but anyone who enjoyed Simonsons Thor should check out his Ragnarok series. A different take on Thor which I loved.
    Some books I dont see much mention of but are ones I think are some of the best ongoing new stuff. Monstress(beautiful art), Seven to Eternity and Black Hammer.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 06-02-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Here's my recommendations if you want some great books to read:

Daredevil Born Again
    Daredevil by Bendis and Brubaker
    Fantastic Four by Hickman
    Superior Spider-man by Slott
    Spider-Man Big Time by Slott (but really anything Spidey by him)
    Annihilation
    X-Men Age of Apocalypse
    New X-Men by Morrison
    X-Men: Supernovas
    Astonishing X-Men by Whedon
    X-factor v2 by PAD
    Uncanny X-Men omnibus v3 by Claremont, Cockrum and Smith

That's a good start and if you're into Indie stuff I would highly recommend Hellboy and BPRD, Umbrella Academy, East of West, Lazarus, and X-O Manowar v1 by Venditti
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Oh that is a nice looking list... Some of the indie stuff is already on a list, but y'know, food
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Oh that is a nice looking list... Some of the indie stuff is already on a list, but y'know, food
    Yeah, I know. I'm remodeling my house right now so I can sell it, but there's books I would like to get. Basically, until I sell my house, I have to be picky with what I buy and hope the other books I pass on right now don't go OOP before I can buy them later on.

I will also recommend Valhalla by Peter Madsen. It's a danish series (that hase been translated into english) of 15 albums, based on norse mythology, as you might have guessed. Most of the stories are direct adaptations of the sagas, some original, but all quite faithful to the sagas. Definitely worth checking out for those interested in norse mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDuck View Post
    They also include several of his childhood drawings, and his first duck-story (which is definitely NOT safe for children. (Hewey, Dewey, and Louie have become drug addicts)), which he made in his late teens, and some other exclusive material. Unfortunately they're only available in the Scandinavian languages, as they were made by Egmont. Great books.
    Wow never thought of the boys being drug addicts, that is definitely news to me.

Photos of my turtle books.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-07-2018 at 06:27 PM.

I hope to have these shelves filled by this time next year. At least that’s my dream.

Spectacular Member

Did the TMNT Ultimates change spines? The first one is red. I have the first two but stopped a while ago... mean to pick them up again one day.

re: edit - stupid fat thumbs on my phone...
    Last edited by koonfasa; 06-07-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
    I hope to have these shelves filled by this time next year. At least that’s my dream.
    I had no idea Turok started as a comic. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    Did the tent delixes change spines?
    I’m not sure if this question is directed at me or what it is asking. Sorry bout that friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I had no idea Turok started as a comic. Is it good?
    I think it started in Dells four color comics for two separate issues in 1954 before starting its own title with issue #3 in 1956.

Ended at issue #125 in 1980 as part of Gold Key comics but I think they reprinted a lot of the earlier stuff in the Gold Key run.

It is good from what I’ve read so far. I like the older art style and stories. However it is only as good as silver age comics can be that is. I’ve been reading the first issues of Avengers and ASM and it’s about on par with those.

The Dark Horse collected volumes stop at issue #67 in volume 10.
    Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-07-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

Sorry turtle, fixed now.
    What are those red Marvel ones that form the beach Avengers.

Did the TMNT Ultimates change spines? The first one is red. I have the first two but stopped a while ago... mean to pick them up again one day.
    I’m not sure why they only did the red spine on volume one of The Ultimates. I think they might have different designs for convention exclusives and IDW limited collection. But all of mine are just the basic retail hardcover versions.

I think they have started putting out softcover versions of these now. I also thought I seen a volume 7 is planned for the hardcovers, but it’s more of an art book I think.

Is your volume one red? I think maybe it might have been a simple design choice and doesn’t signify anything much.

Sorry turtle, fixed now.
    What are those red Marvel ones that form the beach Avengers.
    Marvel Famous Firsts: 75th Anniversary Masterworks Slipcase Set. It collects the first 10 issues or so of well known Marvel characters. Such as 1-10 of The Avengers and X-Men 1-10. They all got packaged in the box to the left. The box I keep empty but on display.