Page 162 of 191 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2854
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Very cool collection Poolovision
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

First of all thank you for your comments and sharing also your concerns about the sun light. The window is in direction of sunrise and I have automatic roller blinds that open up later in the morning. I also want to add some curtains. I am thankful for the hint about the extra layer of protection against uv light. So many things to keep in mind

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

The trick is, only read them in the dark.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    i put a UV blocking mirror tint film on my windows for just this reason. It claims to block >90% of UV and was fairly cheap on Amazon and easy to install. Highly recommend it.
    Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    You guys are all bracketing the top of your bookcases to the wall, right? Foxy's third pic with the baby crib or whatever made me want to ask\remind.
    My ikea ones were easy to do but my other stuff required some clever drilling. Still worth it though.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    You guys are all bracketing the top of your bookcases to the wall, right?
    Mine is not bracketed, and I think about it all the time, due to living in an area that is prone to seismic activity. Been meaning to upgrade my bookcase and bracket it then.

Very nice collections!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

You guys are all bracketing the top of your bookcases to the wall, right? Foxy's third pic with the baby crib or whatever made me want to ask\remind.
    My ikea ones were easy to do but my other stuff required some clever drilling. Still worth it though.
    No my billy cases are not bracketed. No earthquakes where I live and I don’t have any kids who would be doing anything dumb like trying to climb a bookcase. Really, you’d have to work pretty darn hard to tip one of them...

My 5x5 Kallax is set up in the corner of my bedroom. I didn't bracket it to the wall, but I'm heavily thinking of doing so. I assembled it as sturdy as I could, but it does wobble a little bit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

I share your concern regarding the inactivity on the Collected threads in particular the Marvel one which used to be the fastest moving thread. I remember the day when you'd blink (okay maybe missed a daily check), and the thread had moved a couple of pages forward. I know more threads were created and "themes" spread out but it doesn't explain the lack of movement in the last year or so. There is, however, always a slight buzz during the new solicitations or new Hachette catalogue.
    I think this has to do with the fact that when people started putting up YouTube videos of collections the hobby took off because not a lot of people knew about it. I think the allure of something new eventually wore off and people dipped out.

Also IMO personally I haven't seen the release of that many great books lately. I've also moved more to fat TPB collections rather than omnibuses since they are objectively not enjoyable for me to read.

Here's an update to my shelving. Sorry for the blur from the photo stitching but it's the only way I could get everything in one shot.

https://i.imgur.com/7pm16tw.jpg

If you want clear close ups of anything just let me know. Thanks

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Here's an update to my shelving. Sorry for the blur from the photo stitching but it's the only way I could get everything in one shot.

https://i.imgur.com/7pm16tw.jpg

If you want clear close ups of anything just let me know. Thanks
    That is a sweet collection dishpan. Are those book cases curved or are my eyes going wonky on me? If they are, where did you get them?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The artists editions really set the bookcases off, great collection I would enjoy a closer look if possible.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That is a sweet collection dishpan. Are those book cases curved or are my eyes going wonky on me? If they are, where did you get them?
    Thanks! So the very far left is a corner unit, which is what makes it seem curved. Everything else is just an optical illusion.

It's a nice optical illusion. Great collection mate. I've currently moved into my parents house whilst I try to find somewhere to live during my summer internship (Cambridge, if anybody has a room available :P), so my collection is all boxed up
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”