Page 168 of 191 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2854
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a really nice setup too. Is everyone on here secretly building man/woman-caves? It will probably be really satisfying to have a whole heap of comics and just organise them.

I hope the recovery is speedy btw!
    I barely had any room at my old house for my books. At this new house, our basement is split in two. One half is finished and my son is using it for his room, which he loves.

I took the other half and once I finish framing it and putting up new drywall, I'll then move everything over to the other side and have a ton of room. As it is right now, I can't put my posters up. Well, I could, but it wouldn't make any sense to.

My recovery is going well, but not as fast as I would like. It's frustrating but I know God is good and everything will be fine. Thanks!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Can't wait to see it completed!!
    Thanks!

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I would happily come round and organise it all for you, I LOVE rearranging my shelves

Good luck with the recovery!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I would happily come round and organise it all for you, I LOVE rearranging my shelves

Good luck with the recovery!
    It was in a badly need of rearranging at my old house, but I'll get there eventually.

Thanks Enigma!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Knivez & Grither, nice collections.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So, this is what I'm dealing with right now. We moved into our new house three weeks ago, but I had hip surgery a week before that and I just got cleared to lift heavy items. Well, within reason. I just popped off the lids and started working on organizing the books before putting them on the shelves. This is going to take a while. I'm going to eventually finish off this side of the basement, and move everything to the other side, but that's probably not going to happen until summer. Once I get all of my books on the shelves, I'll post updated pics.

Attachment 75080Attachment 75080Attachment 75081
    Looking good Whovian. Take it nice and slow and enjoy arranging your books.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Knivez & Grither, nice collections.

Looking good Whovian. Take it nice and slow and enjoy arranging your books.
    Thanks Raffi

I moved a much smaller collection last year and my back is hurting just looking at those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I moved a much smaller collection last year and my back is hurting just looking at those pictures.
    They were very heavy. I couldn't lift them. I had both my boys carrying them one at a time. My guess is that they weighed about 80 lbs each.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Lots of nice collections here. Can't wait to get back from my vacation so I can share mine........Plus I have some books I ordered waiting for me (Sin City 'The Hard Goodbye' Curators Edition, Marshal Law Deluxe Edition hardcover & Absolute Batman 'The Killing Joke'.......Merry Christmas to me lol)

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Not as impressive as most, but here is my collection as it stands at the start of 2019:

EDIT: I’ll take a refresher course on sharing images and get back to you!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 01-05-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Not as impressive as most, but here is my collection as it stands at the start of 2019:

EDIT: I’ll take a refresher course on sharing images and get back to you!
    Cool collection GA. Just some advice, you might want to buy a sturdier book shelf like Kallax because your shelves are bowing and that can damage your books.

I used to have a shelf like that and when my shelf started to bow, I bought some Kallax book shelves and love them. They don't bow at all and you can put a ton of books on them. They are pricier but well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Cool collection GA. Just some advice, you might want to buy a sturdier book shelf like Kallax because your shelves are bowing and that can damage your books.

I used to have a shelf like that and when my shelf started to bow, I bought some Kallax book shelves and love them. They don't bow at all and you can put a ton of books on them. They are pricier but well worth it.
    I have been looking into a Kellax recently. And yeah, the angle I shot this photo REALLY shows the dip in the shelves. I plan on moving to a different place in about three months and plan on getting a new bookshelf between moves.

Oh, and my image has been re-posted.

Incredible Member

Looks also like a Gibson Songwriter acoustic and some sort of Les Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Looks also like a Gibson Songwriter acoustic and some sort of Les Paul?
    Epiphone Hummingbird and Gibson SG.

Good eye!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Epiphone Hummingbird and Gibson SG.

Good eye!
    Guitars are my first major expensive hobby! I was 50/50 Les Paul or SG. Reminded me of a case my brother used to have for a Les Paul. Gotta get myself an SG one of these days.