Page 176 of 191 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2854

I need one of these really big Kallax... I just have 2x4s, they don't look as epic :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Good stuff Graphic Autist.

I'm not a collector of figurines but the GL figurine breaks the monotony of the three GL by Geoff Johns Omnibus spines.

Nice! We share a lot of the same books in our collections. There are a few I've missed out on that are now OOP that make your shelves look more complete than mine!

My collection.

About 3 months ago I set out to purge my shelf of unwanted books, and update the ones I really wanted to hardcover format. I also created a list of books I'd been meaning to buy or knew I wanted to have in my collection.

All in all it was about $2,000 worth of sales and purchases to get my shelf looking like it does now. I'm really happy with everything on there (with a few caveats-- It's very likely a few nostalgic hangers-on like Absolute Authority Vol. 2 and Ultimate Power won't make the cut within coming months). Now I've got a limited monthly budget to ensure I'm only buying books I love, rather than buying for completeness or obligation or any other reason.

My only paperbacks are now those on the top left shelf-- Usagi, Jack Staff, Kane, COPRA, American Born Chinese, Dogby Walks Again, Pluto, and the Super Spy Lost Dossier.

Everything else is hardcover, including several rather rare items that took some time to track down for a decent price: Matt Kindt's Super Spy, Understanding Comics, and Zot! (Numbered edition signed by Scott McCloud). There's also ONE book on the shelf that was originally a softcover but I turned it into a hardcover using a spare outer cover from a damaged copy of LOEG: The Black Dossier. You can spot it if you look close...
    Last edited by T.D.; 06-07-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    Attachment 83140

My collection.

About 3 months ago I set out to purge my shelf of unwanted books, and update the ones I really wanted to hardcover format. I also created a list of books I'd been meaning to buy or knew I wanted to have in my collection.

All in all it was about $2,000 worth of sales and purchases to get my shelf looking like it does now. I'm really happy with everything on there (with a few caveats-- It's very likely a few nostalgic hangers-on like Absolute Authority Vol. 2 and Ultimate Power won't make the cut within coming months). Now I've got a limited monthly budget to ensure I'm only buying books I love, rather than buying for completeness or obligation or any other reason.

My only paperbacks are now those on the top left shelf-- Usagi, Jack Staff, Kane, COPRA, American Born Chinese, Dogby Walks Again, Pluto, and the Super Spy Lost Dossier.

Everything else is hardcover, including several rather rare items that took some time to track down for a decent price: Matt Kindt's Super Spy, Understanding Comics, and Zot! (Numbered edition signed by Scott McCloud). There's also ONE book on the shelf that was originally a softcover but I turned it into a hardcover using a spare outer cover from a damaged copy of LOEG: The Black Dossier. You can spot it if you look close...
    Very nice collection. You're obviously a fan of Daredevil, Grant Morrison, Jack Kirby and the Ultimate Universe. Are those DD Bendis OHCs without their dust jackets? I can't quite make them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Very nice collection. You're obviously a fan of Daredevil, Grant Morrison, Jack Kirby and the Ultimate Universe. Are those DD Bendis OHCs without their dust jackets? I can't quite make them out.
    Yes indeed! I also have the Smith/Quesada/Mack hardcover in there as well. I just strongly dislike those dustjackets with their bland white-on-black typography (not to mention the infamous Vol. 2 spine that doesn't match), so I'm displaying them like this for now. I have intentions on designing custom dust covers; I just haven't gotten around to it yet, plus I also plan to update to the Omnis when they get reprinted next year.

Incredible Member

It's been a while, so here's the collection as of today:

Left.jpg
    Right.jpg
    Indie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Left.jpg
    Right.jpg
    Indie.jpg

I'm so envious of the all of those empty cubes. I'd kill for empty cubes to fill up with new stuff.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post

I'm so envious of the all of those empty cubes. I'd kill for empty cubes to fill up with new stuff.
    Thanks - I will move to a different house in the Fall and my senior management has given approval to replace the 4x4 Kallax in the third picture with a 5x5. So I'll get some more cubes that I can fill. But after that, that's it

Left.jpg
    Right.jpg
    Indie.jpg
    Very nice!

Thanks - I will move to a different house in the Fall and my senior management has given approval to replace the 4x4 Kallax in the third picture with a 5x5. So I'll get some more cubes that I can fill. But after that, that's it
    That's what you think now but.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Very nice!

That's what you think now but.....
    One victory at a time

Tell your senior management that I'm happy to remove the drugs from your house and store them in my library, should it be required...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Tell your senior management that I'm happy to remove the drugs from your house and store them in my library, should it be required...
    Hahaha, will do

June purchases so far, mostly older books.

IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post

My collection.

Is that Dark Knight Returns the Absolute edition? Never seen that one before. Also that Doom Patrol by Morrison is huge, been pondering getting that.

Nice collection, thanks for the pics.