Page 4 of 191 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

DSC00521.JPGDSC00521.JPGDSC00522.JPG Sorry for taking so long but here is my comic room

I love that superman print/poster and the little doggie in the chair.

Fantastic Member

Thanks just picked up poster . That Max our 10 year old Jack Russell Terrier .

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Out of curiosity, where'd you get your books bound? Is there somewhere online I can go? or was it just a local place

Awesome collection btw
    Thanks. Mine were done with a local place called Shaffer Bindery, in Salt Lake City. These books are no frills, just issues bound. Nothing special.

A place to go online would be http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com which takes orders from all over the country and does, in my opinion, the best comic binding work. I will probably do everything through them now. They do die stamping and custom covers and really seem to have a good feel for this and they do sewn bindings.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Fantastic Member

If you go to the Cross Roads Flee market in Calgary , Canucked the poster print guy sells them for 12 or 15 bucks , found the small steel print at HMV cross iron mills store . Later

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Thanks. Mine were done with a local place called Shaffer Bindery, in Salt Lake City. These books are no frills, just issues bound. Nothing special.

A place to go online would be http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com which takes orders from all over the country and does, in my opinion, the best comic binding work. I will probably do everything through them now. They do die stamping and custom covers and really seem to have a good feel for this and they do sewn bindings.
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm new at this, obviously lol. Sewn bindings would be the best option?

Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm new at this, obviously lol. Sewn bindings would be the best option?
    Depends. Newer books tend to print close to the gutter, older books not so much. Non-sewn you would lose like 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch, depending upon binder.

I've had a few bound and am looking to do more and generally speaking sewn is better. The only advantage to glued is that it may be cheaper. Having a sewn binding allows the book to open up all the way. This helps it to lay flat for easier reading and also prevents any loss of the images in the gutter of the book. That is especially helpful for 2 page spreads and any book that has word balloons or images close to the center.

As mentioned by Joshua, H&R are good and I would also check out http://www.houchenbindery.com/comicbooks.htm for comparison.

marvelmasterworks forum has a pretty great binding thread there as well.

Hello all. Trying to get some traction on a shelf/display advice thread here.

If anyone is interested in recommending they're preferred shelving system or homemade set-up, please do! Display advice is also welcome of course or if you have a website you frequent for supplies or storage. Be as detailed as possible though so it can be used as reference. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    DSC00521.JPGDSC00521.JPGDSC00522.JPG Sorry for taking so long but here is my comic room
    I love your setup! Everything looks so neat & organized.

Fantastic Member

Thanks you very much . Tried to set it so i could fine things easily and not have it looked junk out . Plus we do a weekly cleaning .

Fantastic Member

Very nice Deviaetes you have a super nice set up . Love the comic page . Gotta get me one , trying for a iron man or conan the barbarian but on a budget .

I want a spinner rack in the worst way for my comic room.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Very nice Deviaetes you have a super nice set up . Love the comic page . Gotta get me one , trying for a iron man or conan the barbarian but on a budget .
    Thanks, finally got it sorted after I moved place. The page I love, from the GLC Blackest Night book. I've got two consecutive pages from the Kyle Rayner GL run in the 90s where he teams up with Green Arrow but I need a frame for them. Love your set up too, very impressive. Is it one entire room dedicated to your collection?

Fantastic Member

Yes it is . The only item not in room when pics were taken is the iron man cut out , just set it up and took pic but its in room now . I am look to put a small shelf in closet to hold my indies . Would also love to wall mount a screen to watch t v or play games in there to . Thanks again .