Page 43 of 191 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

here's my little collection

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    here's my little collection

Nice collection Pirate!Love the absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    It's OK, I think I need to reread it some time. I was expecting it to be better than it was, mostly just unimportant filler stuff, but it isn't bad and it's priced pretty nicely. I'd sayas a fan just pick it up. I'm thinking the second LE will be better and I'm very much looking forward to it.
    Yea I think i'm gonna give it a shot, thanks!

SmilingPirate, your collection kicks ass. A lot of quality titles and I love how neatly organized your shelves look.

Great collection SmilingPirate. Funny how those Chew and Killjoys slipcase editions look like small regular hardcovers compared to those humongous Marvel editions.

And LJ your collections seems to have grown quite a lot again too. Awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Great collection SmilingPirate. Funny how those Chew and Killjoys slipcase editions look like small regular hardcovers compared to those humongous Marvel editions.

And LJ your collections seems to have grown quite a lot again too. Awesome stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post
    Nice collection Pirate!Love the absolutes
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    SmilingPirate, your collection kicks ass. A lot of quality titles and I love how neatly organized your shelves look.
    Thank you guys and happy New Year!)

I've started collecting trade paperbacks (I haven't purchased comics in nearly 10 years) and I've been looking into expanding my living room storage. How are the IKEA Billy bookcases? They're the perfect size (and price range) that I'd be looking at.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenholmDX View Post
    I've started collecting trade paperbacks (I haven't purchased comics in nearly 10 years) and I've been looking into expanding my living room storage. How are the IKEA Billy bookcases? They're the perfect size (and price range) that I'd be looking at.
    I have one and it's pretty nice. I'd recommend them
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I don't own any, but if I were in the market, the only thing I'd be concerned about is sag. If there is a choice, I would go with more narrow Billy's side-by-side, instead of one or two much wider shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I don't own any, but if I were in the market, the only thing I'd be concerned about is sag. If there is a choice, I would go with more narrow Billy's side-by-side, instead of one or two much wider shelves.
    If you collect mainly TPB, sag should not be a problem at all, even on the larger shelfs. Once you start to put weight on them, like 4+ Absolutes/Omniboo, I recommend either the narrow Billys or something sturdier. Billy is just mass production and very low quality. But absolutely OK for TPB, CD's & DVD's.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    If you collect mainly TPB, sag should not be a problem at all, even on the larger shelfs. Once you start to put weight on them, like 4+ Absolutes/Omniboo, I recommend either the narrow Billys or something sturdier. Billy is just mass production and very low quality. But absolutely OK for TPB, CD's & DVD's.
    Thanks! I'm in a rental property, so I just want something cheap and relatively sturdy that I don't have to worry about leaving behind if/when I move. I'm also considering the 2x4 Kallax, but I'd be sacrificing storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    That's a good point. I forgot to keep in mind his book format of choice.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

I wrote a commemorative blog post when my Billys had to be retired last year if you wanna check it out :-)

http://magnumvalentino.wordpress.com...th-of-a-billy/

Fantastic Member

Nice write up Magnum Valentino . Your new shelf looks amazing . I used the 2 off the 8 cube units in my room . They are a lot better than the Billy's book cases for sure . Hold a short box rather well .

Updated my collection pics. Used photojoiner, which was quite some fun... And for close-ups click on the link in my signature.