Page 52 of 191 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Because I have two DC omnibuses, and even though I find the paper a little thicker than that of the Marvel omnibuses, I honestly can say they feel of cheaper quality.
    And I'd LOVE to collect all the archive editions (which I think are equivalent in quality to MMWs?), I find them hard to get a hold of. Harder than MMWs that have gone out of print, even.
    864 pages vs. 936 pages vs. 928 pages.
    I dont think,thats it a little))

Or amazon lies to me(

I am talking about feel in quality.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Because I have two DC omnibuses, and even though I find the paper a little thicker than that of the Marvel omnibuses, I honestly can say they feel of cheaper quality.
    And I'd LOVE to collect all the archive editions (which I think are equivalent in quality to MMWs?), I find them hard to get a hold of. Harder than MMWs that have gone out of print, even.
    Dc omnibuses are really inconsistent in quality. While Sleeper has awesome binding the cover material is just disgusting (the usual black cardboard stuff, which I just loathe). Others have nice covers (Planetary, Doom Patrol) but the binding is a bit of a mouse trap. Some are really great like Sandman v1 but vol 2's binding is not that spectacular.
    Still, Marvel's prices are getting ridiculous and the quality went downhill, so I'm rather spending my money on DC these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Dc omnibuses are really inconsistent in quality. While Sleeper has awesome binding the cover material is just disgusting (the usual black cardboard stuff, which I just loathe). Others have nice covers (Planetary, Doom Patrol) but the binding is a bit of a mouse trap. Some are really great like Sandman v1 but vol 2's binding is not that spectacular.
    Still, Marvel's prices are getting ridiculous and the quality went downhill, so I'm rather spending my money on DC these days.
    I would LOVE to get DC's everything in Absolutes, but they do not have near enough collections put into Absolutes. I have the Sandman Omnibus vol.1 because Victor said it was decent quality, and it was the same price as the Absolute vol. 1, but I need to get an Absolute to compare the quality of my DC omnibuses to.

Same, I'm a huge JSA fan but I'm not getting the omniboo because they are built like crap and feel like a waste of money. I think I have all the omniboo DC produced with care (Sandman v1, Planetary, Sleeper). I do however love DC's regular hardcovers and deluxe editions.

I also want to get more absolute editions but they always feel rather expensive for the amount of story that you get (I know you get an awesome slipcase, OHC and stuff, but still).
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Same, I'm a huge JSA fan but I'm not getting the omniboo because they are built like crap and feel like a waste of money. I think I have all the omniboo DC produced with care (Sandman v1, Planetary, Sleeper). I do however love DC's regular hardcovers and deluxe editions.

I also want to get more absolute editions but they always feel rather expensive for the amount of story that you get (I know you get an awesome slipcase, OHC and stuff, but still).
    It is really expensive, but what I noticed about the two DC omnibuses that I have is that the front cover/flap feels somewhat flimsy. Like it could just flop right off the book almost.
    My two Marvel omnis do not feel that way.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I would LOVE to get DC's everything in Absolutes, but they do not have near enough collections put into Absolutes. I have the Sandman Omnibus vol.1 because Victor said it was decent quality, and it was the same price as the Absolute vol. 1, but I need to get an Absolute to compare the quality of my DC omnibuses to.
    How are you liking that Sandman omni?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post

I'm now about 300 pages in the JSA Omnibus and despite the terrible black cardboard covers I actually like it. The binding is tight at first but once you get about 200 pages in it doesn't bother you that much anymore. And it's one of the thickest omni's I own, almost nearing Big Damn Sin City thickness. I recommend it despite the cover and the bad binding (to compare, the binding is about as tight as the Planetary Omnibus though maybe a little bit tighter the first 100 pages because of the size)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    How are you liking that Sandman omni?
    I haven't read it yet, but it is a VERY pretty book, imo.
    And definitely worth the cost, imo.

If you (Cold Water, Batmil) have Sandman v1 you should also get v2! The story is awesome and the book is still pretty, only the binding that's subpar but it's not that horrible, just not as good as vol one's.

If you (Cold Water, Batmil) have Sandman v1 you should also get v2! The story is awesome and the book is still pretty, only the binding that's subpar but it's not that horrible, just not as good as vol one's.
    I am considering just spending the extra and getting it in Absolute format. Is that part collected in Absolute?

I am considering just spending the extra and getting it in Absolute format. Is that part collected in Absolute?
    Yes, the whole series is collected in absolutes (also, I think the absolutes has extras too).

Yes, the whole series is collected in absolutes (also, I think the absolutes has extras too).
    Thank you!