Page 65 of 191 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Great collection, dbngaa.
    What's that Spider-Man OHC between Superior and Daredevil by Waid?
    I wondered that too but I think it is the infinity comic 'who am I ? ' by Joshua Hale ( think that's his name.).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I wondered that too but I think it is the infinity comic 'who am I ? ' by Joshua Hale ( think that's his name.).
    That's the one. I don't remember ordering it, but it showed up in my most recent DCBS order. I haven't read it yet, so I can't comment on the story.

Spectacular Member

Hi folks, i'm currently looking for bookcases and was thinking of a few billy's are they any good? I have quite a few monsterous book like big damn sin city.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    Hi folks, i'm currently looking for bookcases and was thinking of a few billy's are they any good? I have quite a few monsterous book like big damn sin city.
    Thanks
    Billy's sag.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Billy's sag.
    I second that. Also if you plan on putting glass doors on them (we got a new cat so it was definitely a must), you should bolt them to the wall otherwise they tip over.

Quote Originally Posted by dbngaa View Post
    That's the one. I don't remember ordering it, but it showed up in my most recent DCBS order. I haven't read it yet, so I can't comment on the story.
    I haven't read mine yet, but flipping through it the art is super bad. Like as in the most halfassed professional work I've ever seen. If IST didn't have it listed as being written by Slott I probably wouldn't have gotten it. At least it was cheap, so I'm hoping it's at least a half decent or fun read.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Billy's sag.
    Get the single-width Billys. Those do not sag at all and are sturdy enough for your heavier books .

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I haven't read mine yet, but flipping through it the art is super bad. Like as in the most halfassed professional work I've ever seen.
    Yeah, I canceled mine as soon as I saw a few pages preview.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I haven't read mine yet, but flipping through it the art is super bad. Like as in the most halfassed professional work I've ever seen. If IST didn't have it listed as being written by Slott I probably wouldn't have gotten it. At least it was cheap, so I'm hoping it's at least a half decent or fun read.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    And THAT ONE gets an OHC release, while the beginning of Vol. 3 is stuck in paperback format *sigh*.
    Not that Vol. 3 has been phenomenal or anything, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dbngaa View Post
    Attachment 18638

Testing my image upload... Hey, it worked! Close-ups coming, then.
    It's..so beautiful.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Get the single-width Billys. Those do not sag at all and are sturdy enough for your heavier books .

Yeah I really like my billy's. they don't sack if you get the single-width ones.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Another vote for the single width Billy's, I have 12 of them and none of them have sagged.

Does anybody have any shelf recommendations that aren't from Ikea?

Trying to slim down my collection and move it into my office, but I need some real shelves.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Thanks
    I got the cheap own branded shelves from Argos and they hold everything just fine, they aren't sagging under my omnibuses, minimal sagging under my massive amounts of trades. But I've found that if you don't use the little supports under the shelves and instead drill into the shelves from the side there is no sagging at all.

It's a little extra work but it looks really good!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6091013.htm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

Trying to slim down my collection and move it into my office, but I need some real shelves.
    Hey there! I got my shelves off of Overstock.com:

It all depends on what your preferred style and budget are, but there were many choices on the website. The one I have comes in different colors. I also like how the shelves are offset on each level so you get a bit of support in the middle which should eliminate any sagging. My shelves are not adjustable though, which is a big selling point of the Ikea Billy Shelves. My shelves are 13'' tall, which is the reason my Sixth Gun Deluxe is on its side...the book is 13.1'', you wouldn't believe how close it is to almost fitting!

Mine are very sturdy and the unit can even be put on its side. The website I bought it from had a picture with it on its side and records and books in it. If I were into albums or had a fish tank or something I'd probably consider going horizontal! The shelves are also very deep and it's open at the back, so very long books can be used, as well as appliances if cords need to come out the back.

If I were to do it over again, I'd get one with either very tall shelves, adjustable shelves, or where it's open at the top and I can put my largest books up there.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

My favorite is the Pombal system. Lots of different options, very sturdy, perfect fit for Absolutes & OHC.
    http://www.temahome.com/en/pombal-comp-2014-068

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVzboL_OP0

It's not on the cheap side but as the great collector would say: "sagging is not an option"
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo