Page 66 of 191 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I got the cheap own branded shelves from Argos and they hold everything just fine, they aren't sagging under my omnibuses, minimal sagging under my massive amounts of trades. But I've found that if you don't use the little supports under the shelves and instead drill into the shelves from the side there is no sagging at all.

It's a little extra work but it looks really good!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6091013.htm
    oooh, that looks perfect for me. Affordable but sturdy enough. How tall are the shelves? Can you fit an absolute in?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oooh, that looks perfect for me. Affordable but sturdy enough. How tall are the shelves? Can you fit an absolute in?
    I don't own any absolutes, but if you aren't going to drill into them from the side then you can just move the shelves up or down until they fit. I just measured mine out when I put them together and drilled them to specific heights, ignoring the recommended shelf placement, so I could get more space for my trades.

They're about my height and I'm 5'10.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    My favorite is the Pombal system. Lots of different options, very sturdy, perfect fit for Absolutes & OHC.
    http://www.temahome.com/en/pombal-comp-2014-068

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVzboL_OP0

It's not on the cheap side but as the great collector would say: "sagging is not an option"
    I like these guys, but was hoping to get something a little different than the "cube" style.

I'm a bit of a brand whore, and was leaning towards Crate and Barrel to match the rest of the house.

I'm leaning towards a few of these to line the wall:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/riser-bookcase/s339612

I don't own any absolutes, but if you aren't going to drill into them from the side then you can just move the shelves up or down until they fit. I just measured mine out when I put them together and drilled them to specific heights, ignoring the recommended shelf placement, so I could get more space for my trades.

They're about my height and I'm 5'10.

Thanks. Even if I can't fit super oversized books in, it's still my best option (not that I plan to buy too much absolutes, but I have space for a couple more anyway). Hope they don't go out of stock in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thanks. Even if I can't fit super oversized books in, it's still my best option (not that I plan to buy too much absolutes, but I have space for a couple more anyway). Hope they don't go out of stock in a few weeks.
    I have three and I bought each of them about 6 months apart, Argos doesn't seem to be stopping production on them anytime soon.

If you're going for absolutes you might want to get the extra deep version (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6094687.htm), my omnibuses go right to the edge and i think absolutes are deeper.

I have three and I bought each of them about 6 months apart, Argos doesn't seem to be stopping production on them anytime soon.

If you're going for absolutes you might want to get the extra deep version (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6094687.htm), my omnibuses go right to the edge and i think absolutes are deeper.
    nice! Might consider this. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Hey there! I got my shelves off of Overstock.com:

It all depends on what your preferred style and budget are, but there were many choices on the website. The one I have comes in different colors. I also like how the shelves are offset on each level so you get a bit of support in the middle which should eliminate any sagging. My shelves are not adjustable though, which is a big selling point of the Ikea Billy Shelves. My shelves are 13'' tall, which is the reason my Sixth Gun Deluxe is on its side...the book is 13.1'', you wouldn't believe how close it is to almost fitting!

Mine are very sturdy and the unit can even be put on its side. The website I bought it from had a picture with it on its side and records and books in it. If I were into albums or had a fish tank or something I'd probably consider going horizontal! The shelves are also very deep and it's open at the back, so very long books can be used, as well as appliances if cords need to come out the back.

If I were to do it over again, I'd get one with either very tall shelves, adjustable shelves, or where it's open at the top and I can put my largest books up there.
    Hey there, would you happen to have the link for that bookshelf? You mentioned overstock.com but i'm having trouble finding it.
    Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post
    Hey there, would you happen to have the link for that bookshelf? You mentioned overstock.com but i'm having trouble finding it.
    Thanks!
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...4&searchidx=73

Thanks mate! And you've found them to be pretty sturdy? I have a few of the same books you do (Hellboy, Fear Agent, Green Lantern omni) and I'm looking for something that for sure will not sag. Intend to purchase more omnis when money permits.
    Last edited by FlyingLotus; 03-12-2015 at 08:03 AM.

here is mine, had shelves put into alcoves beside the chimney breast, used to both be filled with floppies, but i sold them all and started to replace them with HC's & TP's, now trying to only buy HC's and running out of space.......

*'the world of Peter Rabbit' isn't mine i swear
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 03-12-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post
    Thanks mate! And you've found them to be pretty sturdy? I have a few of the same books you do (Hellboy, Fear Agent, Green Lantern omni) and I'm looking for something that for sure will not sag. Intend to purchase more omnis when money permits.
    VERY sturdy. As you can see the shelves are offset so each level is partially supported by the one below!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What is that 28 days later trade? It's massive. Do you have anymore pics of it or a link to buy it?

Wow, The Boys in slipcase editions, all of them! One is very expensive right one, not sure is it 3 or 4.

Thanks!

10char